Ask Andrew

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Clownpants
Road Kill

Hi peeps,

Being that Heartland is a known entity, is it not possible for us to compose a list of good questions for Andrew that we could maybe get him to agree to answer if we then got in touch with the Reptile House etc? Has anyone tried this? Maybe the recent sunshine has left me feeling too optimistic, if so I shall go back to shutting myself in a darkened room and being a pessimist again :eek:
Love, is a many splintered thing - Pass the sandpaper I'm goin in.
Moakahontas
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

...erm... :?
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

Dear Andrew, will you still love me tomorrow?
guns & cars & accidents
Moakahontas

dinky daisy wrote:Dear Andrew, will you still love me tomorrow?

....ööööhm... <--- totally speechless.. :lol:
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

we (the mod team and myself) have toyed with the idea of requesting a HL interview a few of times, but we usually decide not to bother

my own personal feeling is that

a) collating questions from various members would likely mean an incoherent interview

b) what could we ask that hasn't been asked a thousand times

c) what could he tell us that he hasn't said a thousand times

which is why we have pursued a policy of getting interviews with other band members.... especially the ones have usually been less vocal that andrew (ie: gary marx, tony james, andreas bruhn) - they tend to have far more interesting stories to tell 8)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
xfloorshowx

This has been done in other forums, the Litany forum (Skinny Puppy) did such an interview with Ogre wich was really good, on the other hand he's a much more interactive person than Andrew...
...I’ve never had the desire to make a record unless I have something to say...
_emma_
Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:a) collating questions from various members would likely mean an incoherent interview
Oh come on, it would be possible to group them and list them and put them in order... That is not the point, I suppose. :)
b) what could we ask that hasn't been asked a thousand times

c) what could he tell us that he hasn't said a thousand times
b) plenty of questions
c) he wouldn't answer, I presume, and that's the point.

Me, I've grown to like it that way. 8)
17.auflage
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

no interview please. that just needs a lot of time. time he needs for the new album.
:innocent:
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
Debi

17.auflage wrote:no interview please. that just needs a lot of time. time he needs for the new album.
:innocent:
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha :notworthy:
Debi

but then what could we ask that we would be really interested in hearing that he would actually answer :urff:

not a lot I suspect :roll:

me: andy - does my bum look big in this?

von: do i give a toss?

:innocent: ;D
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

as i see it, there are two types of interview we could do:

1) a band one - about the sisters, their current & future activities etc

to be honest, all this has been said in a couple of dozen articles and videos on the recent tour (all hail chris catalyst :notworthy: )

2) personal one - about "andrew the man"

which as debi suggests, i doubt he'd actually answer.
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Moakahontas

Quiff Boy wrote:as i see it, there are two types of interview we could do:

to be honest, all this has been said in a couple of dozen articles and videos on the recent tour (all hail chris catalyst :notworthy: )

I´ll take number 2.. :roll: :lol:
LouLou
Slight Overbomber

Moakahontas wrote:

i'd probably go for (1) - partly because we'd be more likely to get some decent answers from him with those kind of questions, and partly because i'm more interested in what the band is up to rather than what daytime television programmes :von: watches while stuffing his face with pot noodle :lol:
Moakahontas

LouLou wrote:
Moakahontas wrote:

i'd probably go for (1) - partly because we'd be more likely to get some decent answers from him with those kind of questions, and partly because i'm more interested in what the band is up to rather than what daytime television programmes :von: watches while stuffing his face with pot noodle :lol:

Yay!! We´ve got it! Let´s start! :lol:
LouLou
Slight Overbomber

Moakahontas wrote:
LouLou wrote:
Moakahontas wrote:

oh, go on then!

ask him what flavour crisps he likes while you're at it ;D
Moakahontas

LouLou wrote:
Moakahontas wrote:
LouLou wrote: i'd probably go for (1) - partly because we'd be more likely to get some decent answers from him with those kind of questions, and partly because i'm more interested in what the band is up to rather than what daytime television programmes :von: watches while stuffing his face with pot noodle :lol:

oh, go on then!

ask him what flavour crisps he likes while you're at it ;D

:notworthy: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Harvey Winston
Amphetamine Filth

Man, I'd love to know more about The Reptile House. Not really the lyrics, the whole atmosphere of the recording and from where it emanated.
I think we've been in here too long. I feel unusual. I think we should go outside.
Debi

hm. option 1) would mean going over the same old same old - we aint gonna get any new revelations now :roll: and the answer everyone wants is not going to be answered :urff: as lets face it :von: is semi retired :innocent:

and b) well - yup, Main Man - you hit the nail on the head - :von: 's a bloke. Which means he hogs the TV remote, has selective hearing and is either a bum or tits man. or both. which isn't very mysterious. at all. which is probably why he doesn't want to talk about himself and wanders off onto things like atom bombs or such like :urff:
Evan Von Himmel
Road Kill

I think that :von: would never answer to some extreme personal questions (like "are you still on amphetamine?" or "how many girls have you slept with in Berlin?" ;D or "could you still sing as loud as you did it in the past?" :twisted: ), and I agree that he couldn't tell us something that he hasn't said a thousand (or maybe a million) times before.

So let him think about the new album... :innocent:
Girls in crisis, ultra-hipped
Weird as Isis, wide as Egypt
Debi

Evan Von Himmel wrote: So let him think about the new album... :innocent:
how much thinking can a bloke do :urff:
Debi

in fact isn't that an oxymoron or sommit :lol: ;D
Moakahontas

Evan Von Himmel wrote:I think that :von: would never answer to some extreme personal questions (like "are you still on amphetamine?" or "how many girls have you slept with in Berlin?" ;D or "could you still sing as loud as you did it in the past?" :twisted: ), and I agree that he couldn't tell us something that he hasn't said a thousand (or maybe a million) times before.

:eek: ...who would ask something like that?? Na, not interesting at all..I would ask, if he had an photo of himself just got out of bed.. :lol:
Debi

Moakahontas wrote:
Evan Von Himmel wrote:I think that :von: would never answer to some extreme personal questions (like "are you still on amphetamine?" or "how many girls have you slept with in Berlin?" ;D or "could you still sing as loud as you did it in the past?" :twisted: ), and I agree that he couldn't tell us something that he hasn't said a thousand (or maybe a million) times before.

:eek: ...who would ask something like that?? Na, not interesting at all..I would ask, if he had an photo of himself just got out of bed.. :lol:
so maybe he'd like a photo of me just got outa bed :eek: :lol:
7anthea7
Slight Overbomber

Debi wrote:in fact isn't that an oxymoron or sommit :lol: ;D
Tch. Isn't one reason* we find him so, erm, interesting the fact that he does think, rather a lot?

*I was going to say the whole reason, but then I remembered who'd been posting... :wink:
Who can begin conventional amiability the first thing in the morning?
It is the hour of savage instincts and natural tendencies.
--Elizabeth von Arnim
Evan Von Himmel
Road Kill

Moakahontas wrote:
:eek: ...who would ask something like that??
No one, I hope. But he has been asked for every (really) interesting thing, so If you want to ask him something new you have to ask questions like these...

...or like this:
Moakahontas wrote: I would ask, if he had an photo of himself just got out of bed..

:P
Last edited by Evan Von Himmel on 14 May 2009, 15:55, edited 1 time in total.
Girls in crisis, ultra-hipped
Weird as Isis, wide as Egypt