Tainted Love

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Someone on a certain other forum has a cover of Soft Cell's Tainted Love that is supposedly by the Sisters. It's a studio recording but he reckons it only sounds like Eldritch in the chorus.

It doesn't ring any bells with me. Anyone know anything about it?
FMAMMY
Road Kill

could the someone have heard Marilyn Mansons version? :)
LouLou
Slight Overbomber

FMAMMY wrote:could the someone have heard Marilyn Mansons version? :)
that would be my guess too :)

although how anyone would confuse marilyn manson's voice with :von: 's voice is beyond me :lol: :lol: :lol:
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Marilyn Manson do Tainted Love? Yuk! Bloody Hell. Why? :urff:
The Chancer Corporation
LouLou
Slight Overbomber

abridged wrote:Marilyn Manson do Tainted Love? Yuk! Bloody Hell. Why? :urff:
it's actually not that bad. honest :) :oops:
lachert
Overbomber

it was distributed on kazza and audiogalaxy few years ago together with "cry litlle sister". as i remember it wasn't manson version, coil neither.
long live rock'n'roll
sultan2075
Overbomber

LouLou wrote:
I simply don't belive you.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Ah I'll take your word for it. Always thought Marilyn Manson suffered from the Christen Death (and countless others) syndrome of taking themselves far too seriously. As it says somewhere not fit to tie :von: boots....
The Chancer Corporation
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

You need an iphone or blackberry to record it and send a sample to shazaam to ID it.

It definitely won't be anything to do with the sisters, past present or future.
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
7anthea7
Slight Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:It definitely won't be anything to do with the sisters, past present or future.
And thank gods for that... :urff:
Who can begin conventional amiability the first thing in the morning?
It is the hour of savage instincts and natural tendencies.
--Elizabeth von Arnim
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Though it is a damn fine song. Soft Cell pop sleazed it up. Just no need for MM to do that again.
The Chancer Corporation
7anthea7
Slight Overbomber

abridged wrote:Though it is a damn fine song. Soft Cell pop sleazed it up. Just no need for MM to do that again.
I actually don't have anything significant against the song - other than it being overplayed to the point I wanted to pitch the radio out the window. I just don't ever want to hear The Sisters do it, despite the miracles performed with some singularly unpromising material in the past...
Who can begin conventional amiability the first thing in the morning?
It is the hour of savage instincts and natural tendencies.
--Elizabeth von Arnim
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Yeah completely with you there...
The Chancer Corporation
James Blast
Banned

IIRC this came up before on HL and it was called BOGUS! by some of 'the inner circle', it's a good fake like that Type O cover of a Sarah McLachlan tune called Possession - which I still like and don't mind if it's a fake, it's a damn good version
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
sultan2075
Overbomber

abridged wrote:Ah I'll take your word for it. Always thought Marilyn Manson suffered from the Christen Death (and countless others) syndrome of sucking something awful...
Fixed this for you ;)
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
abridged
Slight Overbomber

That works too! :lol: Once saw Christian Death (Leeds or Sheffield, can't quite remember - and supported by the Lorries strangely). It was just embarrassing. Pseudo add your own word... Didn't make meself popular with the more intense members of the audience that evening.... :twisted: Thank God for the gals.
The Chancer Corporation
James Blast
Banned

Saw MM on the Anti Christ tour and it was damn entertaining!
Might have been backing tapes it was so slick or maybe he had a really good band behind him. Once I got over this stick insect man in ripped stockings, I got right into it and it was one of my fave concerts.

I don't mind or fear Brian, he's a good entertainer
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Being645
Wiki Wizard

7anthea7 wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:It definitely won't be anything to do with the sisters, past present or future.
And thank gods for that... :urff:
I agree ... :urff: ... a ghastly imagination ... :urff: :urff: :urff:
mh
Above the Chemist

Depends on which Christian Death you're talking about, though. ;)
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
James Blast
Banned

this is true

BTW, how was that extra disc of goodies :innocent:
~ Peter Steele
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

LouLou wrote:
I prefer sweet dreams though... ;D
"as we walk on the floodland"
mickydazzler
Road Kill

James Blast wrote:this is true

BTW, how was that extra disc of goodies :innocent:
Sounds like heaven to me. I don't get the negativity on this. Imagine if the Sisters covered God forbid like I dunno Motorhead or Suicide or Rolling Stones or The Stooges or Kylie or Gary Glitter or Dolly Parton? Maybe it's just a matter of taste.

Soft Cell's Tainted Love is surely the epitome of that genre of "covers that better the original" . How many people on here heard 1969 or even Gimme Shelter for the first time on a Sisters b-side?
mickydazzler
Road Kill

7anthea7 wrote:
abridged wrote:Though it is a damn fine song. Soft Cell pop sleazed it up. Just no need for MM to do that again.
I actually don't have anything significant against the song - other than it being overplayed to the point I wanted to pitch the radio out the window. I just don't ever want to hear The Sisters do it, despite the miracles performed with some singularly unpromising material in the past...
The Sisters cover The Miracles? Now we're talking. Imagine "tracks of my tears". The pathos! It could even outdo Emma in the overwrought stakes
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Marilyn Manson was interesting around the Antichrist Superstar / Mechanical Animals period. Has since disappeared completely up his own fundament. His version of Tainted Love seemed to me to completely miss the point (as did his cover of Personal Jesus).
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell