Girl has 56 stars tattooed after falling asleep

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Can someone say *Boooooolllshite!* please? :evil:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... sleep.html

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
sultan2075
Overbomber

Is "asleep" a euphemism for "whacked out on quaaludes"? I've got tattoos, and I know how they feel. No one could sleep through that.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
LouLou
Slight Overbomber

*Boooooolllshite!* indeed!

the whole story is utter pish, but i found this bit particularly entertaining:
Mr Toumaniantz has counterclaimed that the problems only began when the father saw his teenage daughter's tattoos.
yeah, right! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Well yes, but ... time and again s**t happens ... :?
Kimberley Vlaminck, 18, claims Rouslan Toumaniantz spoke such bad English and French that he misunderstood her at the Tattoo Boy studio in Courtrai, Belgium.
See: http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_3364350.html
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Or indeed here
Maybe a lovely kind mod will be a dear (or any other wild fauna) and merge the threads..? :D
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
splintered thing
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

"I'm sorry Daddy, I must have dozed off... whatever has he done.....?"
I think not.
as the day is long,
rain from heaven
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Apart from the whole did she/didn't she doze off thing, don't most tattoo artists prepare a transfer thingie of the desired tattoo which they then apply to the skin in the right place, and when everyone is happy they go to work? I'm pretty sure that he didn't just go off and draw stars wherever he felt like it...

(that being said, it did happen in Belgium, so anything is possible)

runs and ducks the waffles and frites hurled by irate HLers :lol:
Hank Moody
7anthea7
Slight Overbomber

EvilBastard wrote:...don't most tattoo artists prepare a transfer thingie of the desired tattoo which they then apply to the skin in the right place, and when everyone is happy they go to work?
I was in fact present this past weekend when a design was 'free-handed' on my friend's foot - but she did indeed have to approve it before any needle work was started.

Although that's general practice in the US, I certainly can't say what's considered standard in Belgium. However, one would have to be unconscious (not merely asleep) not to realise what was going on.

Not to mention - if her family has this 'tradition' of tats, and her dad was hanging out waiting for her, wouldn't he have wondered what was taking so bloody long..? :?

That said, I think it actually is kind of cool - but it should have been in colour... :wink:
Who can begin conventional amiability the first thing in the morning?
It is the hour of savage instincts and natural tendencies.
--Elizabeth von Arnim
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

I think she looks a right twit.

And I don't buy the "He did it when I was asleep" -thing, either. You do have to approve any design put on you, freehand or standard design.
Four strings good, six strings bad
Izzy HaveMercy

Wouldn't be surprised this is a setup to screw that particular tat artist :evil:

Anyway, one of these days the truth will out, whe will be the laughing stock of the whole world (even more than she is now), but worst of all, the tattoo artist will have a bad name...

IZ.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

sultan2075 wrote: I've got tattoos, and I know how they feel. No one could sleep through that.
Yeah, that.

And sorry, we can't merge threads. This version of the board software doesn't have that functionality.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Izzy HaveMercy

markfiend wrote:
sultan2075 wrote: I've got tattoos, and I know how they feel. No one could sleep through that.
Yeah, that.

And sorry, we can't merge threads. This version of the board software doesn't have that functionality.
My brother-in-law did, apparently :lol:

It was the coloring of a back tattoo and he had had a night shift so he fell asleep halfway through.

But he is known to fall asleep in the trunk of the car as well ;D

But NO WAY you fall asleep during a face tattoo like that!

IZ.
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

markfiend wrote:
Yeah, that.
Certainly!
"as we walk on the floodland"
silentNate

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:
markfiend wrote:
Yeah, that.

My brother-in-law did, apparently :lol:

It was the coloring of a back tattoo and he had had a night shift so he fell asleep halfway through.

But he is known to fall asleep in the trunk of the car as well ;D

But NO WAY you fall asleep during a face tattoo like that!

IZ.
The first couple of minutes of having a tattoo stings slightly and after that the area goes numb- I could have quite happily slept through having my tattoos...

Piercings are another matter :eek: :lol:
I had a face on the mirror
I had a hand on the gun
I had a place in the sun and a ticket to Syria
christophe
Overbomber

sleeping No,
but I think it could have a relaxing effect, combine this with the stress and fear of needles and I wouldn't be suprised if it resulted in a above the world kind of state.

though, in this case I smell BS.
@ IZ I like your theory but the girl had to get those tats... I can't imagine anyone would want to undergo that unless that is what he/she really want.

my opinion, the tat is ugly as hell and both the girl and the tattooartist are idiots whatever really happened, idiots they are.
Another Shade of You.
christophe
Overbomber

ps:
why in Belgium? .... :lol:
Another Shade of You.
silentNate

christophe wrote:ps:
why in Belgium? .... :lol:
Aside from eating, walking and mass-murder what else is there to do in Belgium?? :oops: :lol:
I had a face on the mirror
I had a hand on the gun
I had a place in the sun and a ticket to Syria
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Visiting festivals headlined by ... The Sisters of Mercy ... :?: :lol:
James Blast
Banned

what's Belgium for chav or ned?
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
christophe
Overbomber

Being645 wrote:Visiting festivals headlined by ... The Sisters of Mercy ... :?: :lol:
my god I didn't realise it was that bad :eek:
Another Shade of You.
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Being645 wrote:Visiting festivals headlined by ... The Sisters of Mercy ... :?: :lol:
Who? :lol:
Hank Moody
James Blast
Banned

a tribute act
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
EvilBastard
Overbomber

The more I read about this silly tart the more I think she's full of hooey. In one article it says that there was a problem with communication - the tattoo artist only spoke broken French. So she says "Je voudrais trois etoile." "Trois" doesn't sound like any other word. Now, if said said "Je voudrais cinq ou six etoiles" (5 or 6) I can understand that the artist might have heard "cinquante-six" (56), and this is where the trouble started.
The other bit that doesn't ring true is the falling asleep part. She got tats within her left orbit - the skin around there is incredibly sensitive - I can't imagine anyone staying asleep while the needle goes in there (unless she was doped up, and this doesn't seem likely). And her dad was outside having an icecream? Sorry, but I'm not buying it for a second. If you buy your 18-year old daughter a tat surely you're going in there with her while it's done, no?

Edit - I've worked it out! She's a Mott the Hoople fan and wanted "spots from ripping off the stars" from her face. It's the only plausible explanation.
Hank Moody
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

silentNate wrote:
The first couple of minutes of having a tattoo stings slightly and after that the area goes numb- I could have quite happily slept through having my tattoos...

Piercings are another matter :eek: :lol:
yep yep. I love tats don't bother me when they do it (except for permanent make-up of course) and can't handle piercings. I'm a big puss when it comes to that
James Blast
Banned

EvilBastard wrote:Edit - I've worked it out! She's a Mott the Hoople fan and wanted "spots from ripping off the stars" from her face. It's the only plausible explanation.
naaah, some Bowie Chav Foreigns Nut!
tat's all

see what I did there? :lol:
~ Peter Steele