Let's Play the "Von on Twitter" Game

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
indy
Banned

Okay here is the challenge folks, imagine that you are Von and you just started your new Twitter page and you have to give updates on your daily life in 140 Characters or Less, what would you say, if you were Von of course.

I will get us started

Woke up today, thought about going to dentist after reading heartland forum...rolled over and went back to bed for the rest of the day....

Okay so your responses should be in the voice of Von in 140 characters or less
Pista
Cureboi

Have to get down to the shop for washing powder. Me Barca shirt's minging.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

i got no life so i turned on internet.
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

listened to new album, release new album? Nah....
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Big Si
School Bully

Pista wrote:Have to get down to the shop for washing powder. Me Barca shirt's minging.
Feck it! I'll wear my St Pauli one instead :wink: ;D
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Ramone
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Day 8,760. Still got nothing worth while to offer the world. :(
"It was great that Kurt Cobain shot himself when he did..cos without that ,we'd have no Foo Fighters today" :Ramone, Little Lebowski Urban Achiever. November 2008
Pista
Cureboi

Does the back of my head look okay?
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

do you mean hole in the back on your head ?
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

this twitter thing could be the one.
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
sultan2075
Overbomber

new keyboard 7 5 3 1 9 0 2 4 6 8
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

can anyone be so nice and explain me phenomenon of twater ? 'cause a seriously don't get it.
Pista
Cureboi

Bartek wrote:can anyone be so nice and explain me phenomenon of twater ? 'cause a seriously don't get it.
Just somewhere where people spout bollix all day long.
Not bad if you have site updates automatically fed to it, but otherwise a bit of a time stealer I think.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

lol, like this place isn't?
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

exaclty :lol: but we don't pretend to enlighten other ppl, aren't we ? :wink:
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Never seen the point of any of these unsocial networking sites.

- If you're famous enough (or even just interesting enough) to have your own website or forum, that's a much more efficient and versatile way of keeping people informed and it won't take an hour to load or crash your browser while it's trying to do so.

-If you're not famous enough (or even just interesting enough) to have your own website or forum then anyone who's interested in what you have to say will have your e-mail address, be able to contact you via a mutually visited forum or (heaven forbid) have enough time on their hands that they can resort to something like MSN. Or perhaps they could go round your house and actually speak to you face to face.
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
boudicca
Sister Midnight

:lol: I share your confusion, Bartek.

"Put on my shorts and went down to Spar for some sugar-free cinnamon bagels, beautiful little fluffy clouds in the sky"... yes? And we're supposed to CARE?
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Big Si
School Bully

boudicca wrote::lol: I share your confusion, Bartek.

"Put on my shorts and went down to Spar for some sugar-free cinnamon bagels, beautiful little fluffy clouds in the sky"... yes? And we're supposed to CARE?
The many groupies on here will :wink: ;D
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

i find out more about what my famous people are doing/going to do than from the offical sites. handy when you run a fansite.

oh... not wishing to cause any offence, like, but i don't add people on twitter unless i'm keeping an eye on YOU, or i can't get in touch with you any other way.
xxx
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I only ever tend to post on twitter when I've been drinking (quiet down in back!) by text from my phone
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
mistressteal
Road Kill

I HAVE NO OTHER NEWS about my day today but I may have interesting alternative news/comment sources tomorrow if I feel like it, but then again I may not.
Being645
Above the Chemist

indy wrote: Woke up today, thought about going to dentist after reading heartland forum...rolled over and went back to bed for the rest of the day....
All heavens, just noticed they've got a new registered user calling himself or herself voodoodentist ... :eek: :eek: :eek:

Maybe I had better get up early tomorrow ... :roll: ...
nowayjose

The :von: seems to be clever enough to accurately weigh the futility of Twatter over the small satisfaction gained from publicly shutting down the account a short while later in open indignation and disgust (Reznor-style). Although it could be amusing, I'd think.
Spigel

Feeling rough to day. Might have a dose of that flu. Must invite Wayne around for some tea and a chat.
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Had forgotten how much fun it was being sarcastic to journalists. Must sit down with thesaurus and come up with more pithy one-liners. Just hope people don't think this means we're coming back or anything...
LouLou
Slight Overbomber

had a lovely cuppa with Wayne (who brought round some rich tea fingers and a chocolate sponge cake from M&S, bless him) and watched homes under the hammer because we couldn't find anything to talk about. sneezed a couple of times on Wayne's plate and spat in his cup when he wasn't looking.