matrix reloaded (includes potential spoilers)

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

just a warning to anyone who might have been thinking of toddling off to the nearest multiplex to see the new matrix movie.

don't do it

went to see it last night with reasonably low expectations and still left disappointed. whilst there are some fine set-piece scenes (although a little heavy on the CGI) it is necessary to sit through so much up-it's-own-arse pretentious sci-fi twaddle that you'll be luck if you're still awake when something exciting happens.

agent smith is still cool though
"contradictions are meaningless, there's nothing to betray"
Ginger
Amphetamine Filth

I saw Reloaded on Wednesday night as well.

Agent Smith is the only worthwhile reason for watching Reloaded.
dead stars
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

oh no! I liked Matrix so much! :cry:
Don't tell me it turned to Buffy and Charmed (ie, karate and special effects)! No!!!

BTW, "there is no spoon"! Ace!
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

Pleeeeaaase do not mock Buffy..... i get all cranky like.

Shes almost as cute as Ginger.

Paddy.
Still playing guitar - sometimes weird shaped ones.
Ginger
Amphetamine Filth

Padstar wrote:

Paddy.

aw.....that's so sweet :oops:

You're cute as well Paddy :)
Andy TG
Overbomber

Padstar wrote:Pleeeeaaase do not mock Buffy..... i get all cranky like.

Paddy.
Buffy - Cute - you forgot to mention - Dawn, Willow and Cordy!
This Is Not Ordinary S & M
This Is M & S S & M
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

Andy, your NOT wrong.... In another band i do, we have a drummer that is the spit of Willow :) That makes her ginger too....

Pattern?

Paddy.
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

RicheyJames wrote:...whilst there are some fine set-piece scenes (although a little heavy on the CGI) it is necessary to sit through so much up-it's-own-arse pretentious sci-fi twaddle that you'll be luck if you're still awake when something exciting happens...
Hehehe - true. I wasn't all that disappointed, though, because I didn't go into it with any preconceived notions. Basically, all I cared about were the kick-ass costumes, cool special effects, and all the lovely pretty people...you know, "eye candy." Mmmm...Keanu. :twisted: :oops: :innocent:

*Hides*

:von:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

Hmmmmm..... went in expecting worse i have to say....

Clunky storywise.... tonnes of set pieces glued together etc, but ultimately didnt want to leave till the end...

So so...

Paddy.
Black Shuck
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Location: Sitting in a sleazy snack bar, sucking sickly sausage rolls

C'mon, what did you all expect?

The original Matrix had an awful script (laughably pretentious dialogue), cliched characters, wooden acting all round and a 'seen it all before', predictable plot.
Even the fight scenes pale next to a half decent kung fu movie.

The reason why it was such a fantastic film is because it contained
MOVIE MAGIC.
It was blessed with an intangible magical quality that very few films possess, which makes a film far, far better than the sum of it's parts (Star Wars and The Rocky Horror picture Show also possess this movie magic).

The sequel was actually no worse; it's just that because it didn't possess 'movie magic', we all can see it for the mediocre, pretentious 11-year old's fantasy it really is.

God, I'm talking bollocks. I need a beer
Gazza for England manager
Andy TG
Overbomber

Myself and Mrs Goth, have this very evening - seen The Matrix Reloaded!

As mentioned above - that special "Movie Magic" is certainly missing from the 2nd installment! of the Matrix Franchise

Has anybody actually sat through the entire (and very long) credits at the end of Reloaded - there is a decent trailer for part 3! (Revolutions!)

After all, the best thing about Reloaded has to be Agent Smith and the OTT set peices

Perhaps when I go to see the movie at least twice more - I will look upon it in altogether different light!
This Is M & S S & M
Jim
Slight Overbomber

i loved it.

god i suck.
"You do realize you're talking to a man with a human head in his hands who has every intention of using it to beat these people to death?"
nearmethexperience
Sarky Git

went to see it on sunday. i think it's probably fairly safe to discuss the movie as those who want to see it will have and those who haven't probably wont care.

hummmmmmm, it was ok, till very very near the end, but more on that later.

i thought the effects where quite good really, didn't get all the hype about the motorway stuff, it wasn't THAT revolutionary in the effects dept, and fighting on top of moving vehicles is hardly a new thing.

the 100 smiths v neo is/was a piece of comic-kung-fu genius right out of a jackie chan movie (though i get the feeling it isn't/wasn't meant to be)

then right near the end neo turned into jesus, ok, it was inside the matrix, he's the god of the matrix, he can do anything he wants in there, ok, but saving anothers life, surely she'd have to be awake to notice him saving her for it to have the effect of saving her, as it's her 'dream' (confused?¿? you will be!!).

then, when finally you think, yeah, i guess they could get away with all of this, as the matrix is a dream and can be bent into any shape you want, IF your mind is strong enough, he goes and pulls another jesus stunt in the 'real world' and that totally blew it for me.

i accepted the ninja on meth stuff, i accepted the superman stuff, even the jesus bit i took with a large spoonful of sugar, as it was all meant to be based on a fantasy world. but stopping the probes with a single wave of the hand, blew chunks that did, amost the whole cinema laughed at the same time, and it wasn't the laugh of "i'm really enjoying this".

i doubt even the thought of agent smith let loose in the real world will entice me into the cinema to see ver 3
++++ All those of you who have tears, prepare to shed them now... ++++
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

i've been putting off writing this down in case it spoils anything for anyone, but as methy says if you give a damn you've probably already been. twice. at least.

so, here's a (potential) spoiler for you:

its the matrix within a matrix...

the reason he could pull that "jesus stunt" in the "real" world is that the real world isnt real. its just another matrix.

think of it like an onion with many layers. hence agent smith being able to find a passageway between these "layers", via that dodgy geezer he invaded through a phoneline right at the start.

get it? ;)

now neo has begun to realise he's inside ANOTHER matrix, he will do that kerrazy jesus s**t all the time, and then look for the next "real" world, thus working his way out through all the onion-skin layers, until he (maybe) gets to the REAL real outside world.

but that's just my reading of it all anyways ;)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

oh yeah, and i liked it - it was very silly, but it did exactly what it said on the tin. in a comic-book stylee. with shades on. super. :von:
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Quiff Boy wrote:oh yeah, and i liked it - it was very silly, but it did exactly what it said on the tin. in a comic-book stylee. with shades on. super. :von:
Exactly. :) I *need* some of those shades! Oh yeah, and some nice shiny black patent leather/PVC (and maybe a Keanu thrown in for good measure, muahahaha!)... Mmmmm. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :innocent: :von:
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

tell you what, you take keanu and i'll have carrie-anne. that a deal? ;) :o
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Sure! But *I* get her clothes... ;) W00tw00t!
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

SINsister wrote:Sure! But *I* get her clothes... ;) W00tw00t!
ok, i/we won't be needing them... :twisted: :o :urff: :twisted: :o :urff: :twisted: :o :urff: :twisted: :o :urff: :twisted: :o :urff: :twisted: :o :urff:
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

MUAHAHAHA!!! You *naughty* boy, you!!!
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: ;D :von:
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

SINsister wrote:MUAHAHAHA!!! You *naughty* boy, you!!!
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: ;D :von:
dee-be-doo-be-doo-be-doo-be-doo

:innocent:

ahem ;)
Andy TG
Overbomber

Not to bring up another "spolier" or anything - and I NOT making any form of racist statement or anything similar ! - Hope that's clear to everyone. Please do not be offended by the following views!

My point is this - following the "we will will - have no fear - Neo's here" speech by Morpheas - there begins a huge Dance / Rave in Zion - was I the only person to notice that 80-90% of those shown dancing were of an African / West Indian / Mexicon origin!

I only mention this as - Myself and Mrs Goth are a bit on the Pale Skinned side (sic!) and only Trinity and Neo appeared to be the only Pale Skinned people in the entire movie!

Please dont brand me as Racist - I most certainly am not! - my own Neice is of mixed race - and Mrs Goth is Norwegian !

BTW I am more that happy to be flamed for this post :-)
Knew You'd be Pleased.....
This Is M & S S & M
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

cant say i noticed to be honest - i was too busy cringing at the sub-ewok/jabba's palace style pary atmposphere...

and the lingering carrie-anne thigh shots.

both of which were unneccesary - the paryt was so cheesy that it already looked dated and like some tribal/rave wet dream, and teh sex scene was completely over-done and obvioulsy there purely for the cheap titilation it gave me ;)

re: racsim - wasnt offended, just took as a simple observation :)

personally, i though th erave thing looked like a badly filmed mtv party :rolleyes: bootilicious indeed... :urff:
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Quiff Boy wrote:and teh sex scene was completely over-done and obvioulsy there purely for the cheap titilation it gave me ;)
...and me! :eek: :twisted: :oops: :innocent: :von: *Hides*
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

SINsister wrote: _________________
There is no spoon.
there is a spoon.

look, it's just there next to the fork.

what?

alright then, who nicked the bloody spoon?
"contradictions are meaningless, there's nothing to betray"