26-August-2009 Cricket made simple

NEW RULES: One thread per day only. If there's a thread for today already started, post on that. And if there isn't? Then you get to start one. Aren't you the lucky one?
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Cricket made simple:

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out. When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side that's been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out. Sometimes you get men still in and not out.

When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in. There are two men called umpires who stay out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out.

When both sides have been in and all the men have been out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
James Blast
Banned

is it a Peter Tatchel thing? ;D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
mh
Above the Chemist

Only time I've ever understood cricket was one night down the pub when I was smashed out of me head. All was suddenly clear!

Unfortunately by the time I sobered up I had forgotten everything, but for those few hours of my life I actually understood cricket! ;D
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

If you think you understand cricket, you're wrong ;D
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Harvey Winston
Amphetamine Filth

tea towel thing :P
I think we've been in here too long. I feel unusual. I think we should go outside.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Harvey Winston wrote:tea towel thing :P
:lol: yeah. I do believe it was originally composed by Douglas Jardine.
—Bertrand Russell