First And Last And Always In London / FM Broadcast

Have you established a good reputation at HL and got some Sisters stuff to sell or trade with the community? Or are you searching for that elusive ultra rare live bootleg from 1988? Ever had a bad experience with a trader on Ebay? Let us all know here. Outdated threads will be purged over time.

Warning: Newcomers posting here first will be treated like spammers. At least have the courtesy to say hello in General Chat first...
funkahdafi.de
Road Kill

First And Last And Always In London / FM Broadcast

Laser Media
VÖ: 12.01.2024

https://www.roughtrade.com/de-de/produc ... -broadcast

https://www.amazon.de/First-Last-Always ... 47&sr=8-22
Last edited by funkahdafi.de on 02 Nov 2023, 14:03, edited 1 time in total.
Pista
Cureboi

funkahdafi.de wrote: 01 Nov 2023, 17:24 First And Last And Always In London / FM Broadcast

Laser Media
VÖ: 12.01.2024

https://www.roughtrade.com/de-de/produc ... -broadcast

https://www.amazon.de/First-Last-Always ... 47&sr=8-22
Hello & welcome to :hl: :D

& don't be fooled. That cr@p isn't an FM broadcast. It's just a pirated copy of the audio from Wake ;)
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

22 euros for a bootleg cd? No thank you.

edited to say;

That track list is certainly not from the Wake gig!
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

It's from Crystal Palace :)
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Pista
Cureboi

Planet Dave wrote: 05 Nov 2023, 13:07 It's from Crystal Palace :)
That's only 15km from the Albert Hall.
Close enough :lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Being645
Above the Chemist

Pista wrote: 05 Nov 2023, 16:54
Planet Dave wrote: 05 Nov 2023, 13:07 It's from Crystal Palace :)
That's only 15km from the Albert Hall.
Close enough :lol:
... :lol: :lol: ...
funkahdafi.de
Road Kill

ribbons69 wrote: 05 Nov 2023, 04:48 22 euros for a bootleg cd? No thank you.
https://www.kulturkaufhaus.de/de/detail ... -Broadcast

😉
Pista
Cureboi

funkahdafi.de wrote: 06 Nov 2023, 12:25
ribbons69 wrote: 05 Nov 2023, 04:48 22 euros for a bootleg cd? No thank you.
https://www.kulturkaufhaus.de/de/detail ... -Broadcast

😉
16 euros for a CDR of dubious origin is still a rip off.
Especially when this recording has been available (with known lineage) for the princely sum of bugger all for many years.
These "fm broadcasts" are NOT fm broadcasts. In this case, it's a good quality audience recording.
Last year there was a slew of The Cure fm broadcasts that weren't fm broadcasts. From the same people. The quality was way worse than what has been available for free for years & every single track had been faded in & out, effectively ruining the concert experience.
If you want to spend your money on this, then go for it. No-one's stopping you. But be careful. Chances are you're being conned ;)
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Chances are they're the conner, but whatevs. Crystal Palace 93 free to anyone who wants it, over in the sharing section, upon request. Will even throw in a free Enjoy The Puppet Show cd cover to print, cut out and keep, for added 'authenticity' :lol:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Planet Dave wrote: 06 Nov 2023, 14:09 Chances are they're the conner, but whatevs. Crystal Palace 93 free to anyone who wants it, over in the sharing section, upon request. Will even throw in a free Enjoy The Puppet Show cd cover to print, cut out and keep, for added 'authenticity' :lol:
I was supposed to go to that gig but then somebody said do you want a free trip to America and etc...There's a film about DM by Jeremy Deller that I'm not sure ever was released that is about Mode fans in the build up to that gig. Jeepers, often I think Sisters fans can be a bit too intense but DM ones are on another level altogether...
The Chancer Corporation
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

abridged wrote: 07 Nov 2023, 21:04
Planet Dave wrote: 06 Nov 2023, 14:09 Chances are they're the conner, but whatevs. Crystal Palace 93 free to anyone who wants it, over in the sharing section, upon request. Will even throw in a free Enjoy The Puppet Show cd cover to print, cut out and keep, for added 'authenticity' :lol:
I was supposed to go to that gig but then somebody said do you want a free trip to America and etc...There's a film about DM by Jeremy Deller that I'm not sure ever was released that is about Mode fans in the build up to that gig. Jeepers, often I think Sisters fans can be a bit too intense but DM ones are on another level altogether...
Tbh I don't remember too many extremes, just a regular bunch of stadium gig goers with the more obvious Sisters fans dotted around here and there. Mainly I remember spending the majority of the DM set thinking the organisers had definitely got the band order the wrong way round. Oh and that Gahan had adopted an Astbury-esque fake American twang and sounded unintentionally hilarious. Went with my brother who is a DM fan and he loved their show so fair do's.
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Planet Dave wrote: 07 Nov 2023, 23:18
abridged wrote: 07 Nov 2023, 21:04
Tbh I don't remember too many extremes, just a regular bunch of stadium gig goers with the more obvious Sisters fans dotted around here and there. Mainly I remember spending the majority of the DM set thinking the organisers had definitely got the band order the wrong way round. Oh and that Gahan had adopted an Astbury-esque fake American twang and sounded unintentionally hilarious. Went with my brother who is a DM fan and he loved their show so fair do's.
Ah likewise, never saw the attraction of DM. Didn't mind a few of their early pop singles but their lyrics are too silly for all their goth seriousness. But I can understand why they are popular. Anyhoo here's Mr.Deller's explanation: https://www.jeremydeller.org/OurHobbyIs ... _Video.php
The Chancer Corporation
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

my lil sis played "Enjoy The Silence" the other week saying what a beautiful love song it is. Yes Nogz, but its a love song to HEROIN.
" all i ever wanted, all i ever needed, / is here, in my arms." :roll:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Pista
Cureboi

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 16 Dec 2023, 12:47 my lil sis played "Enjoy The Silence" the other week saying what a beautiful love song it is. Yes Nogz, but its a love song to HEROIN.
It's also a terrible song. But not as terrible as Personal Jesus.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

/
Pista wrote: 16 Dec 2023, 21:56
eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 16 Dec 2023, 12:47 my lil sis played "Enjoy The Silence" the other week saying what a beautiful love song it is. Yes Nogz, but its a love song to HEROIN.
It's also a terrible song. But not as terrible as Personal Jesus.
another smack song in fact.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat: