Richard Wright / Turner Prize

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Chairman Bux
shut.the.fuck.up

Minister of Misinformation and Misdirection.

We first met through a shared view
She loved me and I did too
Silver_Owl
The Don

I prefer The Grand Viziers Garden Party personally.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I wonder whether the Turner committee might be getting soft, his stuff might almost be pretty enough to be popular.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
James Blast
Banned

check out Far from the Harbour Wall from Broken China
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Debaser
Overbomber

Discuss? Is he breaking those shoes in for Coco the clown? They're blimmin enooooooooormous.
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Since Damien Hirst was let loose in the abbatoir, and Tracy Emin realised that she could make more money on her back than with a paintbrush, the Turner Prize is distinct pish.
Richard Wright wrote:My paintings were rubbish
About sums it up for me - awarding prizes to artists is an intensely subjective exercise, and has become a gauge by which peoples' "culture" is measured. If you like sharks cut in half then you're hip and edgy, if you like screaming popes then you're passé, apparently. Let artists create art for the sake of art, not for the sake of becoming the darling of the moment. In a less celebrity-obsessed age artists had patrons who commissioned works from them, or they were eccentrics who closeted themselves away in garrets, only emerging for supplies of tea, cheap booze, and cigs.

I don't recall Hieronymus Bosch winning awards or being feted by the glitterati - and he really did know his way around a paintbrush.
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
Chairman Bux
shut.the.fuck.up

EvilBastard wrote:In a less celebrity-obsessed age artists had patrons who commissioned works from them, or they were eccentrics who closeted themselves away in garrets, only emerging for supplies of tea, cheap booze, and cigs
And vodka.
EvilBastard wrote:I don't recall Hieronymus Bosch winning awards or being feted by the glitterati - and he really did know his way around a paintbrush.
He knew his way around a great many things - most of them are now illegal, extinct or both.

Good answer.
Minister of Misinformation and Misdirection.

We first met through a shared view
She loved me and I did too
James Blast
Banned

R. Mutt
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
EvilBastard
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:R. Mutt
Pee-cisely.
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody