Women! Know your place!

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
James Blast
Banned

"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Silver_Owl
The Don

I'm unaware of the majority of these artists.

Am I out of touch with the kids? :?
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

All three of Vanessa Carlton's albums
Paula Cole Courage
Siobhan Donaghy Ghosts
Sophie Ellis Bextor Read My Lips
Natalie Imbruglia White Lillies Island
Alanis Morissette Under Rug Swept
Jo McCafferty Radiaxal and Papercuts And Lime
Emma Bunton Free Me
Thomas Tantrum's eponymous album

Had they actually made it instead of splitting up, I'm sure that The Ivories' album would deserve to be there too.

And anything by Westlife.
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
Johnny Rev 7.0
Banned

In the interests of expanding my musical tastes I went looking for #1 - Joanna Newsom - "Ys" ...via the Blogspot route. I finally found it.:)

It's gonna be a grower but I'm sure an all-time classic. Think Kate Bush meets Björk (vocally) delivered in the style of Ane Brun (great to see her at #46). 8)

Vocals/guitar with band/orchestra backing when appropriate. Very mellow and very emotive.

Tracklisting:

1. Emily (12:09)
2. Monkey & Bear (9:29)
3. Sawdust & Diamonds (9:56)
4. Only Skin (16:53)
5. Cosmia (7:17)

Just look at the track lengths! There's minimal choruses or breaks during the songs - she just keeps singing/strumming - so anyone who can remember all the exceptionally intricate and complex lyrics definitely deserves a listen.

Top stuff. Highly recommended. :notworthy:

Good link James. Off to find #2 ...
radiojamaica
Overbomber

I've got quite a few of these gals albums.
Prettty good list too. Mine would look completely different, but still... unlike me they got round to making one :lol:

Yep Johnny, that Joanna Newsom one is certainly worth a listen! Have fun exploring the rest of it :wink:

Nice one, James!
in dub we trust