Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
Wake - I was there!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Francis
Overbomber

PostPost #1  Posted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:38 am    Post subject: Wake - I was there! Reply with quote Back to top

Well, no I wasn't actually. Had lost interest by then. But now, as I gaze through the haze at the silhouettes on my Wake DVD and wonder ... where are they now?
Garbageman
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #2  Posted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

They did not even know where they where then so how the f**k will they know where they are now!!!!
paul
Overbomber

PostPost #3  Posted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Garbageman wrote:
They did not even know where they where then so how the f**k will they know where they are now!!!!

Laughing
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #4  Posted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Think I was doing homework that night.
paul
Overbomber

PostPost #5  Posted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I just finished primary school ...
Andie
Overbomber

PostPost #6  Posted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Wake - I was there! Reply with quote Back to top

Francis wrote:
Well, no I wasn't actually. Had lost interest by then. But now, as I gaze through the haze at the silhouettes on my Wake DVD and wonder ... where are they now?

Siting at home in front of their Pooter reading all this drivel while listening to Zounds

It wasn't me...

Top Nite...got drunk missed bus slept rough! (managed to do the same when The Cult played Glasgow that very same year...)
Chairman Bux
shut.the.fuck.up

PostPost #7  Posted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was there. It wasn't great.

Zounds?

We first met through a shared view
She loved me and I did too
Being645
Above the Chemist

PostPost #8  Posted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I guess I've been watching gamblers in a Greek bouzouki ... or giving it a try myself ... what a waste ...
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

PostPost #9  Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I just discovered the Girls but was still more interested in girls. Cool
jost 7

PostPost #10  Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Chairman Bux wrote:

Zounds?

what didn't you like about it?

i wasn't there, but have enjoyed it quite a few times
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

PostPost #11  Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A Tuesday in June in 1985? I was probably supposed to be revising for my 'O'-levels. (I took Maths and RE a year early in '85.)

What I was actually doing? Anyone's guess Laughing Although it may have involved a ZX Spectrum.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

PostPost #12  Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i was 12 and a half.

i was probably hacking my C64, or playing some new warez games i'd traded Laughing
the cake is a lie
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #13  Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I woz 15, so probably having a wank Wierded Out Mr. Green
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #14  Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i wasn't there yet. Embarassed
Andie
Overbomber

PostPost #15  Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Chairman Bux wrote:

Yeah? I was a little worse for wear, too much drink and traveling by overnight bus from Glasgow didn't exactly help...but I always thought the RAH was amazing...altho I couldn't see much, and dry ice dehydrates me...I guess it was the friends I was with who also traveled down from Edinburgh via Glasgow that made it more memorable

Chairman Bux wrote:
Zounds?

Zounds! Mr. Green
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

PostPost #16  Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

to be honest, i'd rather have seen them early/mid 84 (with the full line up) than the 85 RHA gig (much as i love the wake vid Cool).

i've read a few comments on here where people have said by the RHA they were a pale (!) shadow of their former selves...

i seem to remember ramone in particular saying they had lost a lot of the bite they had during the 83/84 tours Neutral
the cake is a lie
Andie
Overbomber

PostPost #17  Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'll Shut. The. Fuck. Up. then...

You don't really need to know that I first saw them in 83 in Glasgow at Nightmoves...and you can just about make me out in the audience, during Lights, being rather drunk.

I didn't really notice much difference with the overall general sound from the early UK tour in 85 to the RAH gig probably because I don't travel well on buses, and speed and alcohol kinda numbs the senses some what
Big Si
School Bully

PostPost #18  Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Andie wrote:

You don't really need to know that I first saw them in 83 in Glasgow at Nightmoves...and you can just about make me out in the audience, during Lights, being rather drunk.

I didn't really notice much difference with the overall general sound from the early UK tour in 85 to the RAH gig probably because I don't travel well on buses, and speed and alcohol kinda numbs the senses some what

So it's like the age old answer to what the 1960's were like? If you can remember it, you weren't really there! Wink Mr. Green

"oh!!! PISH!" - RIP, Jam~es Blaast 1958-2016
RIP Molly "The Mum" Gallagher 1921-2018

mybelgiannemesis
Andie
Overbomber

PostPost #19  Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Big Si wrote:
Andie wrote:

So it's like the age old answer to what the 1960's were like? If you can remember it, you weren't really there! Wink Mr. Green

Yep...something like that! Laughing Laughing Laughing
GC

PostPost #20  Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Chairman Bux wrote:

Zounds?

And whose fault is that........?

That said I never watch the vid - far too Gothy. Very Happy
mh
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #21  Posted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I woulda been 14 exactly (the gig was on my birthday) but I had no idea who the Sisters were at the time. Anyway I was probably too busy lusting after that blonde girl on the schoolbus to care.
Francis
Overbomber

PostPost #22  Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quiff Boy wrote:
to be honest, i'd rather have seen them early/mid 84 (with the full line up) than the 85 RHA gig (much as i love the wake vid Cool).

Hmmm... May (?) 84, Leeds wasn't all that according to my mates who saw it. I was in France at the time, kicking myself. When I finally got to see them in October of the same year, said mates didn't feel inclined to join me. Sad Have to say I unsderstood why afterwards. Emma was by far the best surprise. Still is.
The Fat One
Road Kill

PostPost #23  Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Good evening to you all. I've lurked about here for a while and whilst some of you try to be as aloof as Our fearless leader! I can tell you all like kittens and horlicks... all the same, please be gentle with me, it's my first time.
I was at the Albert Hall and my colleagues and I had a wonderful time. We were sat soaking up some rays and cider on the Albert Memorial when someone shouted from across the road "Oi! They're going on now!" or words to that effect so we hoofed it across the road. We made it just in time to hear the opening bars of FALAA and for me, being a fat bastard, to have someone clamber onto my shoulders. My overbearing memory of this gig is of the smell of a drycleaners caused by someone, who might or might not have been the Jo immortalised in the "Jo's So Mean To Josephine" song, spilling a medicine bottle of poppers onto the floor. The ticker tape was nice too. We knew beforehand that the band weren't getting on with each other but that didn't seem to dampen our spirits too much...... I think Killing Joke were playing soon as well as The Chameleons...... which was nice. I'm glad I went as this was the last time I saw The Sisters (until 090409 which lasted about three songs for me) and to think I nearly blew this gig out to go fishing. Top day out.
Garbageman

PostPost #24  Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to the land of misfits.
paul
Overbomber

PostPost #25  Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thank Fat One (no offence Wink)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
 Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: