Sisters @ Royal Leamington Spa 03/08/2010

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2010 Sisters dates and the 2011 30th Anniversary tour
Silver_Owl
The Don

Bartek wrote:don't get me wrong i'd love to be there but not for this "show" but only for not being here. i wish i could had that as option for day out.
You're always welcome in Royal Leamington Spa mate. :wink:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

weebleswobble wrote:SISTERS OF MERCY ONLY UK SHOW 2010
Guess this Grumpy Old Bastard will just have to Sit It Out in Leeds :urff:
Four strings good, six strings bad
robertzombie
Overbomber

Now I know what I'll be spending the grant on :D
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

robertzombie wrote:Now I know what I'll be spending the grant on :D
f**king students :lol:
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
robertzombie
Overbomber

Train times from London to the Spa aren't available for August yet, but the July prices are high! :|
Silver_Owl
The Don

robertzombie wrote:Train times from London to the Spa aren't available for August yet, but the July prices are high! :|
I paid 18 quid a couple of months ago to Marylebone.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
robertzombie
Overbomber

That's a bit more like it. Hopefully I'll be able to catch the cheap August tickets once they become available :D
Europa
Amphetamine Filth

Very cool news :D

Been in Paris for a few days but got a mate to get me a ticket. Think I am going to have to get one for another mate now if that's the only UK show.

Now hotels and trains...Lemington Spa to Belgium, weird 8)
Om began to feel the acute depression that steals over every realist in the presence of an optimist.
jherek
Road Kill

got my tickets - hurrah!

should be fun seeing the sisters in a new venue / town

just enough time to get home by heading off to belgium :D
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

hotel - check.

tues & weds off work - check.

:D
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
sisxbeforedawn
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Thanks Quiffy for pointing me in the right direction :oops:

Hotel and ticket now booked for me :D is there a HL meetup before the gig :twisted:
I met a devil woman, she took my heart away
DerekR
Doobie Brother

sisxbeforedawn wrote:Thanks Quiffy for pointing me in the right direction :oops:

Hotel and ticket now booked for me :D is there a HL meetup before the gig :twisted:
There's been times when there's been a Heartland meetup instead of the gig so I wouldn't worry about that :lol:
Colin Darklord
Road Kill

Dear all bods coming to Leamington! I live round the corner from the venue and can endorse the Thomas James - cheap, and appropriately sleazy - bar below has a 2am licence too - a bit neon in a late night american bar sort of way but definitely goth-swampable. For those coming in by train, the Exchange on a corner opposite the station is quite music-y and I'm going to give them a heads-up to get some decent appropriate music on for those arriving early - the parks in the town are well-good for gothing out with cider, wine etc (and lets face it that'w what started me off ! ) Coventry has a really good little punk/psychobilly/goth scene that will supply some daytime presence if I know anything about them, so I would definitely advise being here early and soaking up the goth! Kelseys, around the corner from TJs and opposite the exchange has a 2 oclock licence as a standard and a 3am possible opening (which they sometimes exercise if the place is full. Cannae people should get there at 7 and put loads of goth music on the jukie and then it will be there when they get out!!! I and goth/alt/metal/deathmetal pals will certainly be out until 3am if venues are open so come and join us!

As for other hotels etc there is also a travel lodge in the centre - still walking distance, and plenty of B& B on Avenue Road, York Road, Leam Terrace (priory place) etc that are walking distance too.

If any specifics needed bang them on and I'll try to get to them!

Yay sisters!
sisxbeforedawn
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

DerekR wrote:
sisxbeforedawn wrote:Thanks Quiffy for pointing me in the right direction :oops:

There's been times when there's been a Heartland meetup instead of the gig so I wouldn't worry about that :lol:
and just as enjoyable :innocent:
I met a devil woman, she took my heart away
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

top 1st post Colin Darklord, nice one regarding the pub playlist (4 days in London at the final mish shows and the pub played the same pish every night) looking forward to meeting you!
Silver_Owl
The Don

Colin Darklord wrote:Dear all bods coming to Leamington! I live round the corner from the venue and can endorse the Thomas James - cheap, and appropriately sleazy - bar below has a 2am licence too - a bit neon in a late night american bar sort of way but definitely goth-swampable. For those coming in by train, the Exchange on a corner opposite the station is quite music-y and I'm going to give them a heads-up to get some decent appropriate music on for those arriving early - the parks in the town are well-good for gothing out with cider, wine etc (and lets face it that'w what started me off ! ) Coventry has a really good little punk/psychobilly/goth scene that will supply some daytime presence if I know anything about them, so I would definitely advise being here early and soaking up the goth! Kelseys, around the corner from TJs and opposite the exchange has a 2 oclock licence as a standard and a 3am possible opening (which they sometimes exercise if the place is full. Cannae people should get there at 7 and put loads of goth music on the jukie and then it will be there when they get out!!! I and goth/alt/metal/deathmetal pals will certainly be out until 3am if venues are open so come and join us!

As for other hotels etc there is also a travel lodge in the centre - still walking distance, and plenty of B& B on Avenue Road, York Road, Leam Terrace (priory place) etc that are walking distance too.

If any specifics needed bang them on and I'll try to get to them!

Yay sisters!
You saved me a job Colin. ;D
Nice one. I didn't know there was a Sisters hardcore following in Leamington - all 2 of us. :lol:
We'll decide on the meetup point nearer the time. Wherever it is it will become the Heartland tavern for the night anyway. :)
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
mh
Above the Chemist

Ticket purchased here too! :D

Where's the handiest place to fly to? Birmingham?
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
lex3000
Amphetamine Filth

robertzombie wrote:Train times from London to the Spa aren't available for August yet, but the July prices are high! :|
Have a look on http://www.thetrainline.com, they've got times and prices. It's between an hour and half and two hours from Euston and the last decent train back seems to be ar 23:13. The 13:03 and 14:13 standard singles out of London look the cheapest, 23:13 back the same.

Alexander
Groningen - Lokerese Feesten
Andy Christ 666
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Bugger!! That's a few days after The Rock & Blues Custom Show, I think I may be too skint to attend. :cry:
Do I Look Like A People Person?
seresin
Road Kill

Haha, another one turning up via the Leamington date. Just booked for 10 of us from Rugby and Coventry for this one; mostly 80's veterans, I think the youngest of us is 38 :) I haven't seen the Sisters since the abortion that was Rock City 2006, it's got to be better this time. Assembly is a fantastic venue with great sound, loads of bars, lovely smoking area and only 1000 people - what more could you want? Even my missus could see because the stage is so high :) As mentioned above the Exchange is the pre-gig pub of choice unless you are a conisseur (sp?) of fine real ale in which case the Somerville (about 10 mins walk) might be the best. Though actually the beer in the venue isn't as rank as usual!
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

seresin! Welcome to the mad (reptile) house!

you're 10 peeps strong?! :eek: :lol: :notworthy:
robertzombie
Overbomber

Best buy my tickets! :|
Maisey
Slight Overbomber

robertzombie wrote:Best buy my tickets! :|
I'll be there as well, as will Claire and Stella. Looks like we'll have a bit of a party going on - want me to find out if she doesn't mind you crashing our travel lodge (it's under Stella's name)?

Can I propose that we don the whites again?
Nationalise the f**king lot.
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Maisey wrote:
Can I propose that we don the whites again?
best not..Image :wink:
Maisey
Slight Overbomber

As opposed to all the wonderfully lovely connotations of wearing all black all the time ;)
Nationalise the f**king lot.