The Wendyhouse

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

21st..Anyone doing it?
Only a paand.
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

I'll be there SG! :D
Jim
Slight Overbomber

I'd rather stick forks in my eyes.

Sorry.
"You do realize you're talking to a man with a human head in his hands who has every intention of using it to beat these people to death?"
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

Scarwell!!!! Yeay! Thought you couldn't make it mate?
Only a paand.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

methinks i'll be there too :)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber

Nice one !!!!!!
Only a paand.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

I'd love to go, but we go on holiday on Sat.

Do they have different rooms? And if so, is one of them dedicated to techno-goth (APB, VNV, that sort of stuff)? That was far and away the best music they played at RockWorld in MCR last time I went. Made me wonder, when exactly did dealers start mixing E into the goths speed? An inspired move.

Have fun.

Dave
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

Yeah the upstairs bit is where techno/cyber-goth is played. The stuff they play in the main downstairs bit has become a mixed bag - you still get the standard 80's/90's goth anthems but then they'll throw in some cheesy rawk (e.g. G n R) or pop (e.g. Madonna). Still, it's a good night with cheap beer!
Carrie
Amphetamine Filth

It's a great night...cheap beer, nice venue (arsehole security mind you) & a not-too-serious 'goth & whatever else' setlist.

Can't make it this month...mate's Solstice party. Bloody hippies!
Queen of the mean!
Andie
Overbomber

The WendyHouse???

why does this read like someplace that i should know about??...and don't!

anyone...anywhere...anytime...anyhelp??...
Dim, through the misty panes and thick green light,
As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.
Ed Rhombus
Slight Overbomber

Oh seams like I'm not going then.

Then only way to spend a Solstice is to pop up Glastonbury tour and laugh at the hippy dimwits!
Ed Rhombus

There for you (weather permiting)

www.rhombus-rock.com
https://www.facebook.com/rhombus.uk
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Burn wrote:The WendyHouse???

why does this read like someplace that i should know about??...and don't!

anyone...anywhere...anytime...anyhelp??...
monthly alt/goth night in leeds, next one is this saturday.

http://www.thewendyhouse.org/
Jim
Slight Overbomber

Populated by sad old goths and marilyn manson kids who just dont f**king get it.

Also a depressing little pit of a place that's all too similar to a school disco. Get to the Phono, or at least the bassment round the corner.
"You do realize you're talking to a man with a human head in his hands who has every intention of using it to beat these people to death?"
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

the phono on a saturday is the last haven for the too f**king sad to go anywhere else. it's just depressing...

do they still play the exact same playlist every weekend? in the same order? oh joy. like we need alanis morisette again... and n.m.a. right near the end of the night so that the dj's missus can have a bit of a dance? oh please... :roll:

and stray cat strut? do they not know that the stray cats have done at least 5 other good records... ;)

sorry. i hate the phono. went there way too often for far too long. even dj'd there for a while. the manager is a c**t and the beer is p*ss. a thoroughly depressing place.
Jim
Slight Overbomber

Hey... haven't been there for years. Just going on memories.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

sorry, didn't mean to have a go - i just have a few "issues" with that place (and the management) :urff: ;)

no offence :)
Jim
Slight Overbomber

None taken :-)
Carrie
Amphetamine Filth

You might be thinking of the upstairs (goth technowank) room at WH Jim...the main room's the Tartan/Harvey Milk Bar which is relatively spacious & salubrious...

As for the Phono...it's all right. Vodka's cheap. But it's a poky little dive & I've been drinking there with the same people for 14 years on & off...mostly listening to the same records...WH makes a refreshing change & all that...
Queen of the mean!
Andie
Overbomber

OH I'm Sorry...

Goth/Alternative Monthly... :eek:

OK...thats me put squarely in my place...i thought these kinda clubs had dried up back in the early 90's (about the same time i stopped doing one on a weekly basis in Edinburgh)...

good to know tho...if i'm ever in the Hallowed City of Leeds...and i don't have anything better to do...(which seems about normal nowadays)...maybe i'll drop in and buy myself a beer...dress code?...BLACK...duh! 8)

can i wear my Chelsea top?...
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Burn wrote:OH I'm Sorry...

Goth/Alternative Monthly... :eek:

OK...thats me put squarely in my place...i thought these kinda clubs had dried up back in the early 90's (about the same time i stopped doing one on a weekly basis in Edinburgh)...

good to know tho...if i'm ever in the Hallowed City of Leeds...and i don't have anything better to do...(which seems about normal nowadays)...maybe i'll drop in and buy myself a beer...dress code?...BLACK...duh! 8)

can i wear my Chelsea top?...
chelsea top? cant be any worse than the bunny rabbit costume some chap wore teh other month! :roll:

:D :D :D
Andie
Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote: chelsea top? cant be any worse than the bunny rabbit costume some chap wore teh other month! :roll:

:D :D :D
you are sure he was still all male?... :eek:
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

not 100% sure, no! :D :D :D

and dont even ask what this was about...

f*cking goths! :urff: :lol:
Andie
Overbomber

Oh Yeah...

most definatly not all male...looks like he's in need of a good hard F**K

is there something wrong with the Liquid Gold (Amyl Nitrate) thats on sale in Leeds??...

F**king Goths...indeed!!
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber

So kids Are we meeting up anywhere first to start the merriment or not? Scardy..what time you getting in? Oh and wear the Rockpants!!!!!!!!!! lol
Only a paand.
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

Well I _was_ going to wear the black leather trousers to WH... o.k. SG, if you insist, I'll dig out the Rockpants instead!
I'll be in the Fenton from 10pm onwards, heading over to WH around 11...