Proof: The North Is Friendlier Than The South

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

...Especially if you want a kebab bought for you;

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/n ... 6309391.jp
Four strings good, six strings bad
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

:kiss:
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Yorkshire Evening Post wrote:When asked the question, 'Would you prefer to spend time with your friends over your partner?' 42% of northern respondents claimed that they would, compared to just 13% of southerners.
Then again, it could be that people oop noorth are bored of their partners and would rather spend time getting lary with their mates.

On an unrelated note, there used to be an old fella selling papers on the Headrow up by the St John's Centre who would call out "Evening Pots!" - anyone know if he's still there? After almost 20 years I can still his mournful cry through the gathering gloom of a winter's evening.
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I think they all shout "Evening Pots" these days :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

The bloke in question shouts "Eeee Po", whilst sounding like he is being strangled.

He has been there since time began.
Spigel
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I've always thought so.
nigel d
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Norman Hunter wrote:The bloke in question shouts "Eeee Po", whilst sounding like he is being strangled.

he was there in 1982. raincoat and flat cap usaully somewhere dortmund square area. first encountered him when i first moved to leeds.
i wonder if he has heritage status......
i am more likely to release an album before the sisters
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

nigel d wrote:
Norman Hunter wrote:The bloke in question shouts "Eeee Po", whilst sounding like he is being strangled.

he was there in 1982. raincoat and flat cap usaully somewhere dortmund square area. first encountered him when i first moved to leeds.
He regenerates like a Time Lord, apparently.
nigel d
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Norman Hunter wrote:
nigel d wrote:

He regenerates like a Time Lord, apparently.
its just the voice that stays the same....or maybe he died years ago and there is just this disembodied voice echoing off the walls of the st johns centre and the statue of the fat bloke holding a barrel.....
i am more likely to release an album before the sisters
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Can't comment for the UK, but globally the South are usually friendlier than the North! :P
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
Being645
Wiki Wizard

MadameButterfly wrote:Can't comment for the UK, but globally the South are usually friendlier than the North! :P
Well, this does not count for Germany ... :roll: ...
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Being645 wrote:
MadameButterfly wrote:Can't comment for the UK, but globally the South are usually friendlier than the North! :P
But Germany is in the North so they are NOT as friendly as people from the South, I'm talking hemispheres! :roll: :roll:
that ongoing eternity
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

one cannot argue very well with a whole hemisphere.
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
Ainoaoikea
Road Kill

More of a East West divide over here...
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

emilystrange wrote:one cannot argue very well with a whole hemisphere.

well you know i do try!!! with both actually.
that ongoing eternity
Being645
Wiki Wizard

MadameButterfly wrote:
Being645 wrote:
But Germany is in the North so they are NOT as friendly as people from the South, I'm talking hemispheres! :roll: :roll:
Mere excuses ... :lol: ...
DeWinter
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

As a Southerner living in the North, I'll agree they're friendlier. Although being called "love" by checkout staff did puzzle my foreign-born girlfriend somewhat ("So they love me just for buying a loaf of bread??"). Mind you, she's been a font of amusement since she came to England. Especially the expression on peoples faces when after being asked "How are you?" she'd actually tell them in detail.I didn't have a sensible answer when after telling her you're not supposed to actually reply she said "Well why do they ask then?!".
On the other hand, a lot of the people up here seem to confuse bluntness with pig-ignorance. And I haven't heard such sexist or racist language, well, ever. Oh and the women here bring up their children by screaming obscenities at them!
"Vengeance. Justice. Fire and blood.."
Being645
Wiki Wizard

:lol: :lol: :lol: ... like everywhere in the suburbs ...
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

DeWinter wrote:Oh and the women here bring up their children by screaming obscenities at them!
Not all of them. I was brought - not dragged - up :)
Toaster Mantis
Road Kill

Thinking of Korea? ;D
You can take a tiger out of the jungle, but you can't take the jungle out of the tiger... on the other hand, the tiger can't step into the same river twice because other waters are always flowing on to it. Yeah.
the_inescapable_truth
Amphetamine Filth

They are friendlier because they don't work. And those that do work for the government. Which isn't really work.
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

Oh man - wish I'd never started this topic...
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

the_inescapable_truth wrote:They are friendlier because they don't work. And those that do work for the government. Which isn't really work.
Just what you'd expect a southern ponce to say! ;D
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Silver_Owl
The Don

Down South they make pigs smoke. They feed beef burgers to swans. Theyhave big sheds, but nobody's allowed in. And in these sheds they have 20ft high chickens, and these chickens are scared because they don't know why they're so big, and they're going, "Oh why am I so massive?" and they're looking down at all the little chickens and they think they're in an aeroplane because all the other chickens are so small.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

Hom_Corleone wrote:Down South they make pigs smoke. They feed beef burgers to swans. Theyhave big sheds, but nobody's allowed in. And in these sheds they have 20ft high chickens, and these chickens are scared because they don't know why they're so big, and they're going, "Oh why am I so massive?" and they're looking down at all the little chickens and they think they're in an aeroplane because all the other chickens are so small.
YER A MENTALIST!