british sea power

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

just bought "the decline of..." by british sea power

hmmm.

quite like it. i cant put my finger on quite why, and probably wont come back to it too often, but i was pleasantly surprised by the album - sort of indie guitar rock with a nod to the 80s new wave stuff... like interpol but more balls and not as blatent. 8)

"fear of drowning" particularly stands out as a groovy little number :)

anyone else heard them?
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
ToGothOrNotToGoth
Road Kill

Yeah, I saw them in Amsterdam as the opening act for Interpol. Quite liked their stuff, and they did a freaky show there. Quite entertaining... :D
I recently got the album, and it's pretty good. Didn't someone called Cath 'promote' the band? :wink:
rian
Slight Overbomber

I saw them live in Stockholm last fall, supporting Interpol aswell. Very good.
I think someone set my soul alight
Nova
Road Kill

British Sea Power is great. I haven't heard much of them and was pleasantly surprised when I saw them on stage.
F--kwit
Road Kill

Exceptionally good band. Yes there is a gimmick element with the shrubs and dead pigeons, but (a) once you get past that the music is brilliant and (b) it's not often you get to wave half a tree at a gig anyway, is it?

They also have a stunning line in sleeve design. Last night I got out all my BSP singles and just looked at them. (well obviously played one or two as well!) They look like something you'd have got from a book club in the 1890s, if such things existed then. Although I find their selection of T-shirts a little on the brown side...

I would say they are currently my 3rd favourite band in active service. And I am picky.