Top Gear fans question!

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Is Season 14 already out on DVD? It seems I cannot find info about it.

I am filling in the author's rights papers ;D so I need to know about any PHYSICAL carrier containing Episode 6 of Season 14 (also known as the Bolivia Challenge/special).

And I thought 'now I can put the Net to good use' because I can start browsing the Net or I can ask car freaks that are in the know.

I know there's a DVD out called "The Challenges 4" and that one has the Bolivia Challenge on.

Anyone else knows a DVD or VHS carrying Episode 6 season 14?

Thanks in advance, I will invite all contributors once my villa avec pool is installed ;D

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

As an avid fan of the show,I can tell you that the BBC doesn't release complete seasons on dvd,which is a shame,because I would certainly buy them.If you need to see the Bolivia episode,you will have to buy the "Challenges" DVD.
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
Izzy HaveMercy

ribbons69 wrote:As an avid fan of the show,I can tell you that the BBC doesn't release complete seasons on dvd,which is a shame,because I would certainly buy them.If you need to see the Bolivia episode,you will have to buy the "Challenges" DVD.
The reason I need to know is because a track of ours is used in the Bolivia episode, and every DVD that's released with that epsode on is KERRRDZJING!!! for us ;D

And if they don't release complete seasons, what's this? Not-BBC-approved maybe :?:

IZ.
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

Okay,just had a look on Amazon and they have this available for pre order

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Top-Gear-DVD-Je ... 822&sr=1-1

That's season 10.No other full series dvd's at all.The cover picture you posted says "as seen on BBC Canada and BBC America" so I'm guessing that the BBC do release full seasons,just not in the U.K !
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
christophe
Overbomber

I got it from the interweb :oops:
but don't you worry Iz, next Time I'll see you I will buy you a drink. (you will have to share it with Sam though! ) :wink:

good luck!
Another Shade of You.
Izzy HaveMercy

Bartek wrote:http://astore.amazon.co.uk/topgecom-21? ... TF8&node=1

i see that you hunting down for royalties. that's good.
I pay for them, you pay for them.

So nothing but fair that they get back to me so I can reward you for it by outing new stuff ;D

IZ.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

as i wrote, that's good. if they expect from us to respect copyright then they have to the same. i support you in that in uno henderto per cent, demand what's your.
i believe that it might be your biggest income made from your music if they released it on Dee vee dioo. :wink:
Izzy HaveMercy

Bartek wrote:as i wrote, that's good. if they expect from us to respect copyright then they have to the same. i support you in that in uno henderto per cent, demand what's your.
i believe that it might be your biggest income made from your music if they released it on Dee vee dioo. :wink:
Yep! :)

There is something as 'aburige rechten' here in Belgium, it might be called 'derivative or derivaroty rights' abrouad, which gives us rights for every DVD pressed and sold as well, on top of the standard author's rights.

I'm gonna milk that lizard as much as I can, hey, YOU guys have to pay MORE for a DVD because of that shiit! :D

IZ.
damagedone
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:
Bartek wrote:as i wrote, that's good. if they expect from us to respect copyright then they have to the same. i support you in that in uno henderto per cent, demand what's your.
Yep! :)

There is something as 'aburige rechten' here in Belgium, it might be called 'derivative or derivaroty rights' abrouad, which gives us rights for every DVD pressed and sold as well, on top of the standard author's rights.

I'm gonna milk that lizard as much as I can, hey, YOU guys have to pay MORE for a DVD because of that shiit! :D

IZ.
You have the right to remain hunting :D
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

same right is in Poland. sometimes it even funnier, for example if you'll write jingle for TV or radio you will get royalties every time when they play it. that's just fantastic.
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

Just don't expect those derivative rights to be forthcoming any time soon, IZ. I've been delving into this one for over a year now, concerning the last Ancient Rites album and basically, if the releasing party (the Beeb in your case) doesn't give sales numbers to the collection agency in their country of origin forthwith, you could spend a long time waiting for your pennies to be transferred to your account, same as your author's royalties.

I interpellated SABAM about the AR album, they passed the hot potato on to their French counterparts (after, like you, I delivered all the required info) and followed it up after a month, at which point they told me it's now up to the French and it could STILL take two whole years (the album was released in 2006!!) before I - and the rest of the band - could see any cash we're entitled to. And as long as SABAM doesn't get any money, neither will URADEX, the collection agency for the derivative rights here in this monkey of a country.

This notwithstanding : you deserve every penny, so give 'em hell!
Izzy HaveMercy

Ahráyeph wrote:Just don't expect those derivative rights to be forthcoming any time soon, IZ. I've been delving into this one for over a year now, concerning the last Ancient Rites album and basically, if the releasing party (the Beeb in your case) doesn't give sales numbers to the collection agency in their country of origin forthwith, you could spend a long time waiting for your pennies to be transferred to your account, same as your authoring rights.

I interpellated SABAM about the AR album, they passed the hot potato on to their French counterparts (after, like you, I delivered all the required info) and followed it up after a month, at which point they told me it's now up to the French and it could STILL take two whole years (the album was released in 2006!!) before I - and the rest of the band - could see any cash we're entitled to. And as long as SABAM doesn't get any money, neither will URADEX, the collection agency for the derivative rights here in this monkey of a country.

This notwithstanding : you deserve every penny, so give 'em hell!
Yes, I had the Uradex-idea because you told that story a (too) long while ago ;)

I also read the whole Uradex website and it seems they don't really have such tight bonds world-wide, so I am just betting on the SABAM-horse for the moment.

SABAM has papers to fill in for carriers on DVD as well, so that should suffice for now, alongside the standard paper for airing/broadcasting abroad. (notification AV work international and notification sound/video carrier international)

SABAM mailed me that indeed they need to get the cuelists from Auntie BeeB and in the best of scenarios money would be paid in two years... here's us hoping eh.

IZ.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Don't give them too much hell, you want them to be playing you more often don't you :wink:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Top Gear makes me want to gouge my own brain out with a desert spoon, then eat it, then vomit it all up over Jeremy Clarkson's shoes.

That's all I wanted to say, really.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
The Mentalist
Road Kill

SABAM mailed me that indeed they need to get the cuelists from Auntie BeeB and in the best of scenarios money would be paid in two years... here's us hoping eh.

IZ.[/quote]

I couldn't care less about cars but I'm an avid Top Gear watcher and I remember the drive across Bolivia but not the music
:oops:
My husband had a similar experience years ago when he noticed footage he'd shot being used by large corporation without permission. It took three years and a good lawyer. Good luck. 8) :)
Izzy HaveMercy

The Mentalist wrote:SABAM mailed me that indeed they need to get the cuelists from Auntie BeeB and in the best of scenarios money would be paid in two years... here's us hoping eh.

IZ.
I couldn't care less about cars but I'm an avid Top Gear watcher and I remember the drive across Bolivia but not the music
:oops:
My husband had a similar experience years ago when he noticed footage he'd shot being used by large corporation without permission. It took three years and a good lawyer. Good luck. 8) :)[/quote]

That's why I'm with an authors' rights company, THEY have a good lawyer (I hope hehe).

IZ.
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:SABAM mailed me that indeed they need to get the cuelists from Auntie BeeB and in the best of scenarios money would be paid in two years... here's us hoping eh.

IZ.
Och, aye. :)

It is great fun to see (well, hear) an BELGIAN band on Top Gear when Jeremy 'I'm a not so closeted xenophobe' Clarkson usually can't stop fulminating against Belgium. Regardless, I like watching TG because, in spite of all my environ - mental concerns, I'm a petrolhead who likes nothing more than to watch three midlife crisis prone blokes play with high powered toys like the Lamborghini Gallardo and the Bugatti Veyron and what have you.