your very own doktor - one for the musos

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

i've just purchsed some rather spiffing software called "battery" from native instruments

http://www.nativeinstruments.de/index.php?battery_us

its a bit nice...

basically, its a software sampler that allows you to load in banks of drum sounds and tune them, add fx, and store them as "kits" on your pc

thus you can create a complete drum kit from a series of seeperate sound samples which you can then use in your music sequencing software (it will run as an asio plug on a cubase vst plugin) to create your very own dokctor avalanche ;)

:notworthy: :von: :notworthy: :von: :notworthy: :von: :notworthy: :von: :notworthy: :von:

we at the wunderkind corporation are mighty impressed. well, "we" will be once martin has seen it! :D :D :D

so, where can we get a bank of drum sounds for the doktor? ;D :innocent:
Last edited by Quiff Boy on 24 Jun 2003, 16:57, edited 1 time in total.
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Zuma
Slight Overbomber

Have read some good reviews of Battery....have fun.

Does it only handle drum sounds?
Todays sarcasm is tomorrow's news
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

its designed to do percussion sounds, but as you can load in your own sounds i guess in theory you could load in whatever wavs you want.

i would have thought though that its down to how it handles the midi information - ie: with a drum bank on channel 10 each "note" is a different drum sound...

suppose you could use it to have a bank of samples and fx, and each midi "note" you send would trigger a different sample/fx rather than just play the same sample at different pitches :?:

i think the makers, native instrument, do some other groovy apps more designed for instrument sounds ("softsynths" etc) - "reaktor" for example... :)

on the up side - it comes with a sample cd with 500mb of drum sounds! some really cool kits and fx there :von:
Gary
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

reason 2.0 can do a fairly good impression.. once youve arsed aroudn with things for hours ;)
rian
Slight Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:i've just purchsed some rather spiffing software called "battery" from native instruments

http://www.nativeinstruments.de/index.php?battery_us

its a bit nice...

basically, its a software sampler that allows you to load in banks of drum sounds and tune them, add fx, and store them as "kits" on your pc

thus you can create a complete drum kit from a series of seeperate sound samples which you can then use in your music sequencing software (it will run as an asio plug on a cubase vst plugin) to create your very own dokctor avalanche ;)

:notworthy: :von: :notworthy: :von: :notworthy: :von: :notworthy: :von: :notworthy: :von:

we at the wunderkind corporation are mighty impressed. well, "we" will be once martin has seen it! :D :D :D

so, where can we get a bank of drum sounds for the doktor? ;D :innocent:
Battery? When I hear the word "battery" I think of bunnies :roll:
I think someone set my soul alight
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Gary wrote:reason 2.0 can do a fairly good impression.. once youve arsed aroudn with things for hours ;)
a friend at work has recommended reason - thats the one where you can view the back panels and f**k around with the "virtual" cable connections and routing isnt it? :o :von:

what exactly is it? a virtual fx rack?
Gary
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

yes u can arse around with the back panels, and it has a sampler for sampling ;), a drum machine, and a sequencer.. and built in effects. It can be pretty limiting as their is no plugin support, but you can 'rewire' it through to cubase and use the plug ins in cubase.

Hope that makes sense.. its early and me brain aint working yet ;)
Ed Rhombus
Slight Overbomber

The drum machine on Rebirth is the same as the Sisters 83-84 doctor.

I'd look for Oberhiem samples which they've used for First and last and I think still use the tom samples now
Ed Rhombus

There for you (weather permiting)

www.rhombus-rock.com
https://www.facebook.com/rhombus.uk
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Ed Rhombus wrote:The drum machine on Rebirth is the same as the Sisters 83-84 doctor.

I'd look for Oberhiem samples which they've used for First and last and I think still use the tom samples now
yep - 83/84 sisters was an 808 wasnt it? just a seriously f**ked and overdriven one :von:

oberhiem!! thats it, i forgot the name of it... :roll:

http://www.thesistersofmercy.com/tech/doktors.htm

ok, any one got any oberhiem dmx samples? or what about the yamaha rx5? :twisted:
Zuma
Slight Overbomber

Not the Oberheim, but plenty of other samples here it seems -

http://www.modarchive.com/waveworld/drums.shtml
Todays sarcasm is tomorrow's news
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Zuma wrote:Not the Oberheim, but plenty of other samples here it seems -

http://www.modarchive.com/waveworld/drums.shtml
oooh, danke! :von: :notworthy:
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

i'm sure this site will yield something!

http://www.sonicstate.com/synth/_inc/ma ... m?manid=22

:)
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator