your latest thaang

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
James Blast
Banned

mine goes something like this:
I used ta watch
Roseanne
Malcolm in the Middle
Modern Family

now I'm onto - The Middle

outstanding Amerikan sitcoms :D
available here - http://watch-series.com/

and a musical trip down memory lane:
went back to my old school's area this week (many memories stirred) and all those tunes I grew up with came back, so Spotifyâ„¢ sorted me out with -
Carole King ~ Tapestry
Mott the Hoople ~ Brain Capers
Strawbs ~ just really early stuff and lots of it

12 posts then bin? :urff:

:lol:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Maisey
Slight Overbomber

I'm watching almost nothing but Scrubs at the moment. A LOT of Scrubs.

Listening to a lot of "new dark rock" bands. Very interested in emerging artists around the UK making dark and alternative music that sounds fresh and exciting.
Nationalise the f**king lot.
sultan2075
Overbomber

Scrubs is quite funny.

I just plowed through all three seasons of Deadwood. I cannot recommend it highly enough (provided you've got a strong tolerance for profanity). The entire show is about political philosophy.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
The Mentalist
Road Kill

Homes Under The Hammer :notworthy:
Debaser
Overbomber

Used to come home from work and watch 'Friends' (never watched it when the whole world seemed to)

Then after a month or so

Used to come home from work and watch 'Fraiser' (never watched it when the whole world seemed to)

then after a month or so

Used to come home from work and wacth 'The Dog Whisperer'

Then after a month or so

Used to come home from work and watch 'All Creatures Great and Small' (because I DID used to watch it when the whole world used to)

Now I can't find owt I fancy
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
Andie
Overbomber

Struggling to find anything NEW to get into at the moment....nothing decent on the TV and all the music that's coming out, sounds like it's been done before...

70's Glam Rock has been making in roads into my current listening pleasures...Suzi Quatro, Gary Glitter, Mud, Osmonds, Sweet, Bowie, Alice Cooper...even some Slade FFS!! :roll:

I guess I'll eventually catch up with the rest of the world, by the time I'm dead :?
christophe
Overbomber

I'm going back, its easier, its been done before :lol:

my thing. :eek:
on the telly there is nothing spectacular going on. watching The Gates though, but that is just out of boredom, no its out of laziness. I have plenty of stuff to do but I'm too lazy. :roll:

give me another month and there will be to much work. here at home and at my workplace. :eek: looking forward to that ;D
Another Shade of You.
damagedone
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Lately mostly wasting time playing Fallout3 on the PS3.Stopped playing online poker,not intresested any more,extensive listening to industrial music,post apocalyptic atmosphere is what I'm all about these days. 8)
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Debaser wrote:
at your age, antiques roadshow natch, or failing that, if you want to be down with the kids - http://www.channel4.com/programmes/the- ... od#3119716

the bollock scene is top :lol:
Goths have feelings too
Debaser
Overbomber

paint it black wrote:
Debaser wrote:
or failing that, if you want to be down with the kids - http://www.channel4.com/programmes/the- ... od#3119716

the bollock scene is top :lol:
Tried t'inbetweeners, so-so. Wouldn't stay into watch it mind you. Did enjoy Grandma's House, that Simon Anstell thing (who I don't particularly like)
at your age, antiques roadshow natch,
:x Saying that I do thing Kingdom is due another series :wink:
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
Francis
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:The Middle
High hopes, yet to be fullfilled.

My US sitcom joy started with Taxi and has only been surpassed by Two and a Half Men. :notworthy: x infinity.

Samantha Who's creeping up though...

God bless Comedy Central. :lol:

Oh, maybe Happy Days came before Taxi? And Different Strokes?

Tom & Jerry?
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.
Silver_Owl
The Don

American comedy just doesn't cut it for me. Sorry.

IT Crowd does.
Charlie Brooker does.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
LouLou
Slight Overbomber

Hom_Corleone wrote:Charlie Brooker
i normally like his rants, but his latest one about middle class burger joints is a bit of a let down :|

get a grip charlie! :twisted:

but seriously, if its laughs you're after on teh grauniad, look no further than bidisha's bile-spitting feminist malarkey :lol:
boudicca
Sister Midnight

LouLou wrote:but seriously, if its laughs you're after on teh grauniad, look no further than bidisha's bile-spitting feminist malarkey :lol:
Don't know if you're laughing with her or at her... but personally, I think she's pretty ace.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
LouLou
Slight Overbomber

i don't recall ever coming across a bidisha piece that contained what resembles a nugget of humour, so laughing with her is out of the question.

let's agree to disagree on that one shall we? :)
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Aye, I think so... don't worry, I'm well aware feminism is no longer fashionable. But then, neither's crimping your hair to buggery or listening to the Sisters, but that's never stopped me either :lol: :P
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Debaser wrote: Did enjoy Grandma's House, that Simon Anstell thing (who I don't particularly like)
nope, tried the first utter s**t

still working my way through the complete Sherlock Holmes boxset, so i guess that's my thanng
Goths have feelings too
sam1

I keep going back to LEXX-must be something about a dead assassin,a security guard ,a sex slave(part lizard!) and a space ship that eats planets ,that makes me sit and watch it
nobody I know seems to watch it (or has heard of it!!)

Andie
Overbomber

Debaser wrote: :x Saying that I do thing Kingdom is due another series :wink:
Sorry to be the one to tell you...but listening to an Interview with Mr S Fry, he said that Kingdom had been...um...shelved :(
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

paint it black wrote:
Debaser wrote: Did enjoy Grandma's House, that Simon Anstell thing (who I don't particularly like)
nope, tried the first utter s**t

still working my way through the complete Sherlock Holmes boxset, so i guess that's my thanng
Jeremy Brett is the man.
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
jande

sam1 wrote:nobody I know seems to watch it (or has heard of it!!)
Ah.... Kai, last of the Brunnen-G, undead assassin for His Divine Shadow, (theres quite a bit of stuff for the goth contingent to get their teeth stuck into) :lol: Stanley Tweedle, Zev the love slave and that lovesick robot 790.

no I didn't watch it either :innocent:
Say!
In the dark? Here in the dark!
Would you, could you, in the dark?
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

20 posts and counting! :lol:

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
James Blast
Banned

well stop encouraging them, dammit! ;D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

sam1 wrote:I keep going back to LEXX-must be something about a dead assassin,a security guard ,a sex slave(part lizard!) and a space ship that eats planets ,that makes me sit and watch it
nobody I know seems to watch it (or has heard of it!!)

I watched a very blurry VHS copy of the feature-length pilot. Very clumsy but quite intriguing. Recommended?
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

boudicca wrote:Aye, I think so... don't worry, I'm well aware feminism is no longer fashionable. But then, neither's crimping your hair to buggery or listening to the Sisters, but that's never stopped me either :lol: :P
Not that I'm one to put the cat amongst the pigeons, but isn't feminism a bit 'overkill' these days? It's not as though you have to rail against men prejudicing against you for your gender...is it?

Seems to me we're all more than busy just trying to get on with it.