Bullsh1t merchants -- post your own

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

This made me happy because it was f**king hilarious.

I caught the bus into Leeds last night. (I was off out for a couple of jars, and didn't want to drink and drive.) On the bus I bumped into the world's biggest bullsh!t artist. I guess he was mid 40's, collar-length hair, vaguely looked like an ageing hippy.

Anyway, he spotted my Sisters T-shirt and started regaling me with tales of how he was a "face" on the Leeds scene back in the early 80s. So far so predictable. "Oh yeah, I used to have long dreads and wear a top hat" blah blah blah.

Then he claimed that Ben asked him to join his band as the singer (and yes, he meant Ben Matthews/Gunn, and by "Ben's band" he meant The Sisters) "but the guy they got, Andrew, he really copied my style." Ohhhh kaaaaay.

Then apparently the reason that :von: "is so f*cked up and difficult to work with" is that he got too far into the Golden Dawn and "you know, that kind of darkness really gets inside a person."

This guy also claimed to have introduced Mick Brown to Wayne when they were setting up t'Mish. He said he had written some lyrics for Loop "about a really intense love affair I had with (someone famous)'s sister" (bloody hell I can't remember who he said now) "that ended with her 60-year-old father chasing me naked around their house trying to shag me."

There was some more stuff, about South African mercenaries, I can't remember what else.

The best bit: when this guy got off the bus there was another guy (an older punk kind of looking guy) who had got on at the same time as me, who had obviously been listening in (I could see him over Mr Bullsh!t's shoulder, he was trying not to laugh and I was trying not to make eye contact in case he set me off) just burst out laughing.

I love a good bullsh!t merchant. ;D
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

The man deserves his own thread :notworthy:
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

OK :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

markfiend wrote:"but the guy they got, Andrew, he really copied my style."
Eldritch - the Ragga Dub phase.
Four strings good, six strings bad
damagedone
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

:lol: outrageous,did he mentioned something about Dr. Avalanche stealing that snare sounds from him? :lol:
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

Good one, Meerkat :lol:
we've got beer and we've got fuel
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Nice story! :lol:
"as we walk on the floodland"
Maisey
Slight Overbomber

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

:twisted:
Nationalise the f**king lot.
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Why hasn't anyone bumped into this legend before now?
&#8206;"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

He looked a bit like Chris Cowey of TOTP.
—Bertrand Russell
paul
Overbomber

What a load of crap, but a very nice story, Mark!
sultan2075
Overbomber

I used to know a guy who claimed that the Sisters only used a drum computer in the studio. Live, they used a real drummer, and--even better!--he had played drums on a project with Von.

He was an idiot. He also played drums for a tenth-rate goth band that was fronted by a cross-dressing gothabilly neo-nazi and said goth-nazi's 400 pound girlfriend. They were just as good as you'd expect a band like that to be.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

sultan2075 wrote:...a cross-dressing gothabilly neo-nazi and said goth-nazi's 400 pound girlfriend...
Wow. My mind's eye now needs bleaching. :lol:
—Bertrand Russell
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

it's not really possible to shut your mind's eye, is it?
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
Andie
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:
sultan2075 wrote:...a cross-dressing gothabilly neo-nazi and said goth-nazi's 400 pound girlfriend...
Wow. My mind's eye now needs bleaching. :lol:
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Bleach any other eye and its 999 time :innocent:
&#8206;"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
originalgoth

My BullSh*t Merchant would be a friend who lived down the street from me..........

He worked for a motorbike garage.

Every day he'd have a new story for us,
"Oh, just got back from Birmingham, had to go there to collect a Yamaha RD 500. I was doing over a ton on the motorway all the way back........"

Every day it was a different bike & different story but it was always bull dust.
We just used to laugh it all off.
He only had a provisional licence :lol:

What makes him such a good story teller was that it was always consistant, if he told me it first & then told someone else an hour later it was more or less the same.

He did tell us that he was going to be racing for his workplace on a 500 when they got it sorted out...................That never happened of course.
And I ride down the Highway 101
By the side of the ocean, headed for Sunset

Black Planet according to originalGoth
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hYeYgNIntQ
NickW
Amphetamine Filth

sultan2075 wrote:I used to know a guy who claimed that the Sisters only used a drum computer in the studio. Live, they used a real drummer, and--even better!--he had played drums on a project with Von.

He was an idiot. He also played drums for a tenth-rate goth band that was fronted by a cross-dressing gothabilly neo-nazi and said goth-nazi's 400 pound girlfriend. They were just as good as you'd expect a band like that to be.
I've also met a guy who claimed to be the live drummer - when I said I'd seen the sisters live and seen Doctor and nurse through the smoke he replied ' they keep a machine on stage to keep up the pretence I'm off stage ' From our differing locations I take it it was a different deluded fool
Just one of the pesky kids
DOZMEISTER
Road Kill

There was a chap in my local pub who claimed his dad was a jumbo jet pilot, on one flight the plane lost all cabin pressure which made his dads eyes pop out their sockets! He still landed the plane and was given an award by the queen.
GC
Slight Overbomber

DOZMEISTER wrote:There was a chap in my local pub who claimed his dad was a jumbo jet pilot, on one flight the plane lost all cabin pressure which made his dads eyes pop out their sockets! He still landed the plane and was given an award by the queen.
"did it myself, thirty years man and boy, hardest game in the book"
christophe
Overbomber

allright..... :lol:
Another Shade of You.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

DOZMEISTER wrote:There was a chap in my local pub who claimed his dad was a jumbo jet pilot, on one flight the plane lost all cabin pressure which made his dads eyes pop out their sockets! He still landed the plane and was given an award by the queen.
:lol: that is brilliant.

Also I have remembered, the famous guy whose sister he shagged was Andy McCluskey from OMD... allegedly!

And it's amazing the number of live drummers The Sisters have had :roll:
—Bertrand Russell
Garbageman

Brilliant story.
Like pushing a marsmallow into a piggy bank
Prescott

markfiend wrote:Then apparently the reason that :von: "is so f*cked up and difficult to work with" is that he got too far into the Golden Dawn...

There was some more stuff, about South African mercenaries, I can't remember what else.
Eldritch X? Could be an OTO signature.

South African mercs? Sounds a little too far south doesn't it?
"... because we're that kind of people."
sultan2075
Overbomber

Your most horrific imaginative scenarios do not live up to the reality of that pair.

On the broad subject of the thread, I've never quite understood why people lie like that. "Oh yeah, I played drums for TSOM. Yep. Me. Shot a lot pool with Von in Thailand as well. Uh-huh. Me."

What makes a person say such things?
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.