User names - Wha?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Black Shuck
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Location: Sitting in a sleazy snack bar, sucking sickly sausage rolls

Hello. been wondering for a while how some of you Heartlanders picked your user
names?

Some are pretty self-explanatory (Sisters references etc.) But some are just bizarre

I'm particurly intrigued to know what the following names mean:

Quiff Boy
ChairmanBux
Moz Magister
Scardwell
JansenClone
Izzy HaveMercy
Vicus
slicepack
CellThree
d00mw0lf
gramgrim
pikkrong

Maybe they are based on foreign words which are obvious if you speak a particular language, If so I apologise.

Or is it a big secret what they mean?

Quiff Boy, did you really have a quiff?

I'll start the ball rolling - a Black Shuck (I misspelled it as 'Black Shuk' when I was typing it!) is a huge phantom black dog with a single, bright glowing red eye in the center of it's forehead; Black Shucks have been sighted many times by travellers, late at night, on deserted country roads, and are sometimes considered a bad omen.
in Yorkshire, they are called 'barguests'; there is a really freaky valley called 'Trollers Gill' Near a village called 'Appletreewick' which is famously supposed to be home to one, a man was once found dead there in mysterious circumstances, and to this day locals avoid the valley at night.
Spooky, Eh?

well, maybe not.
Last edited by Black Shuck on 03 Jul 2003, 14:01, edited 1 time in total.
Gazza for England manager
mh
Above the Chemist

I might be wrong here, but: Chairman Bux is a pun on Bax Corp (info available on the official site, the whole malarkey reminds me too much of Michael Moorcock's Jerry Cornelius stories for my comfort), with Bux of course meaning "Bucks", i.e. Dollars. Always thought it was one of the funnier ones.

Some of the others are old Dominion heads from way back, so the actual meaning may be lost in the mists of time.
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

mine is just the first letter of my christian name ("s") coupled with my surname (Cardwell). I removed one of the "L"s because it looks more rock n roll IMHO :wink: - a bit like the when heavy metal band Megadeath removed the "a". :notworthy:
keys
Road Kill

Nah... Megdeath doesn't have the same ring to it Scardy! :lol:

As for Trollers Gill up in t' dales of t' Yorkshire, it is a weird place - worth checking out next time yer passing Appletreewick (couple of nice pubs there too!)
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

indeed i did have a quiff, many moons ago. i used to dj at a rockabilly night and being the youngest one there (average age ~45) and looking young for my age anyways, i just sort of became quiff boy :)

and yes, the chairman is a pun on bax/dollars - hence his choice of avatar. i'll pass on your appreciation ;)

pikkrong means "long train" in estonian - pikk = long and rong = train. how he came to choose that moniker only he knows - its one of my faves though ;)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Thea
Overbomber

my parents were on something. seriously. so my real, first name is wolfie. and the whole l33t, gothlier-than-thou online thing amused me wheni first got my 'puter. i wanted a name that was so amazingly annoying and pretentious that everyone would think i was an idiot and no tax me too much. i think d00mw0lf does that pretty well :P
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

If you play Warhammer Fantasy Battle, you can use a Doomwolf with an Undead army, apparently. But I would know absolutely nothing about that. Never heard of Warhammer, in fact.
Chris

---------------------------------------------
Again and again and again...
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

MrChris wrote:If you play Warhammer Fantasy Battle, you can use a Doomwolf with an Undead army, apparently. But I would know absolutely nothing about that. Never heard of Warhammer, in fact.
warhammer?

ok, after 3 everyone: a-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha.

ahem.

a-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha.

:D :D :D

:innocent:
Chairman Bux
shut.the.fuck.up

Quiff Boy wrote:and yes, the chairman is a pun on bax/dollars - hence his choice of avatar. i'll pass on your appreciation ;)
What do you mean QB? I am the Chairman of Bux Corp... :?: :urff:
pikkrong
Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:
pikkrong means "long train" in estonian - pikk = long and rong = train. how he came to choose that moniker only he knows - its one of my faves though ;)
i didn't mean anything naughty or norwegian :oops: :wink:
yes, you are very right, sir QB, pikk=long and rong=train in estonian and "Long Train" is a very facinating song of a certain rock'n'roll band.
if i was a member of audiogalaxy and choose my user name i tried names of several Sisters songs (UndreTheGun etc) but always somebody already had it. the same about some Joy Division names (NoLoveLost etc). so i came to the idea to translate something into estonian and it worked :)
you may believe it or not. maybe in fact the name is given by estonian government :wink: ;D
do i drive
or am i driven
Lynchfanatic
Fire Walking Owl

@ Pikkrong. :lol: I just think it is very funny. Your name has to be the first i noticed. :innocent:

@Doomwolf, is your name really wolfie? If so, that is a cool name :notworthy:

And i guess its clear enough, but incase anyone is still wondering. My nick I got because Im a HUGE David Lynch fan. Lynch fanatic. Not as in lychmob as so many actually thinks.
myspace.com/lynchfanatic
MrEddy
Amphetamine Filth

Scardwel wrote:mine is just the first letter of my christian name ("s") coupled with my surname (Cardwell). I removed one of the "L"s because it looks more rock n roll IMHO :wink: - a bit like the when heavy metal band Megadeath removed the "a". :notworthy:
Are you named after a fisherman, perhaps? :D
Thea
Overbomber

Lynchfanatic wrote: @Doomwolf, is your name really wolfie? If so, that is a cool name :notworthy:
yeah... my mum's kind of odd... :|
Zuma
Slight Overbomber

What do you mean QB? I am the Chairman of Bux Corp... :?: :urff:[/quote]

so, how's the share price of Bux Corp these days?
Todays sarcasm is tomorrow's news
Black Shuck

d00mw0lf wrote:
Lynchfanatic wrote: @Doomwolf, is your name really wolfie? If so, that is a cool name :notworthy:
yeah... my mum's kind of odd... :|
Your mum rocks, I wish i was called Wolfie.
But no, I had to be given the dullest name in the Western world, 'James'

just to illustrate how overused this name is, when I was growing up, two of my best friends, and two other casual friends, were also called James
Grrrr
Black Shuck

Quiff Boy wrote:
MrChris wrote:If you play Warhammer Fantasy Battle, you can use a Doomwolf with an Undead army, apparently. But I would know absolutely nothing about that. Never heard of Warhammer, in fact.
warhammer?

ok, after 3 everyone: a-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha.

ahem.

a-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha.

:D :D :D

:innocent:
One of me good mates works for Games Workshop (he grew up a hardcore GW nerd), he sits in a transparent booth all day, in the company's flagship Nottingham shop, and people watch him while he paints those tiny orc and goblin figures; the figures he paints are then used in the 'White Dwarf' magazine.

I can't decide wether he has the coolest job in the world or the worst job in the world.
Black Dahlia
Elegantly Wasted

Here goes ................

I'm named after a notorious murder case that took place in Los Angeles in January 1947. The body of wannabe actress Elizabeth "Beth" Short was found in a vacant lot, it had been cut in half and drained of blood. The case has never been solved though several crazies confessed to it at the time. The press nick- named her "The Black Dahlia" because of her black hair and apparent penchant for dressing in black. Very pretty girl - looked a lot like Marilyn Manson's current girlfriend Dita Von Teese.

So now ya know!
Hell is other people
karin
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Funnily enough Shuky baby you're not "intrigued" by my handle. It's just my middle name actually seeing as how you didn't ask.
I like the handles 'Debaser' (and her a school marm. Tsk ) I bet It's an old punk thing. And 'Sam Donut'. Fab. And 'Lars Svensson' wonderfully bogus Hmmm.... I wonder how he pronounces Lars ? :wink: Yeah there's some great names around here.
Zwei bier bitte.....
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Izzy HaveMercy.

Simple.
My real first name starts with an I, but sounds a bit too russian to my liking. So I used an English-sounding name with an I. Izzy.
HaveMercy is really an abbreviation of my main goal in Life. Personally, I thought Izzy IWannaHaveAllDaStuffTheSistersOfMercyOrOthersInTheirNameEverBroughtOut a bit too long, so I made it a shorter HaveMercy.
Not too difficult, huh?

IZZY.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Big Si
School Bully

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:Izzy HaveMercy.

Simple.
My real first name starts with an I, but sounds a bit too russian to my liking. So I used an English-sounding name with an I. Izzy.
HaveMercy is really an abbreviation of my main goal in Life. Personally, I thought Izzy IWannaHaveAllDaStuffTheSistersOfMercyOrOthersInTheirNameEverBroughtOut a bit too long, so I made it a shorter HaveMercy.
Not too difficult, huh?

IZZY.
Is it Ivan? Because i've always thought of it as one of the 8) est names on the planet. Much 8) er than simon, hence Big Si :D
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
F--kwit
Road Kill

I am a f**kwit basically.

I didn't sign up using my usual online name because I'm not really here.
You ain't seen me, right?
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

F--kwit wrote:I am a f**kwit basically. .
join the club, so am I :P

I didn't sign up using my usual online name because I'm not really here

which is why i killed off me and became.......well me :roll:

it's a nod to an echo and the bunnymen song, or a mispelt insription on a record I like. I haven't quite decided which :?
Goths have feelings too
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

track one on the new album by "the darkness" is called "black shuck" :o ;D :D :D
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Big Si wrote:
Izzy HaveMercy wrote:Izzy HaveMercy.

Simple.
Not too difficult, huh?

IZZY.
Is it Ivan? Because i've always thought of it as one of the 8) est names on the planet. Much 8) er than simon, hence Big Si :D

It is. You won a prize. :-)
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
deardeaddays
Road Kill

F--kwit wrote:I am a f**kwit basically.

I didn't sign up using my usual online name because I'm not really here.
Don't f--k wit(h) me, if you like nostalgia... this place is like a second skin! Though there are a few swamp things, you don't need to show too much caution. Within time you will see that home is where the heart is. So in answer... no tears... and keep your chin up, Madjack!