Sisters live shows

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Rise891
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Listening to some various shows today and a thought occurred to me. Has there been an occasion in the Sisters history where some one has shouted a song and Von said "Great idea, that wasn't on the set list but I think we will play it?" I can't find any show's where it happened, and yet people yell in between songs like it happens all the time?
Not trying to start something I just wondered.
Listening to Lemmington from last year he actually yells "Hush" in between FALAA and Ribbons.
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Not sure, but was at a Pere Ubu show in Pittsburgh where the encore songs were requested by writing on a bit of paper! ;D
The Chancer Corporation
bangles

I remember hearing a show 83/84 where someone called for Temple Of Love & they play the intro before going into something else.... Not much help I know but i'm sure there are others who can do better!
Asperum Aestimate Fimi Aliquid Hodie
lachert
Overbomber

reprogramming doctor would be too expensive :von:
they can rather cut setlist (specially encores) not expand or change.
long live rock'n'roll
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

lachert wrote:reprogramming doctor would be too expensive :von:
aye, and it's not just the doc, it's the light shows and smoke timings that would also have to be changed... a logistical nightmare and too complicated to do on the fly!
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
deirfiur
Amphetamine Filth

Hey Engleeese - why you no play temple of love :lol:
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Quiff Boy wrote:
aye, and it's not just the doc, it's the light shows and smoke timings that would also have to be changed... a logistical nightmare and too complicated to do on the fly!
Von can always sing "Stop Dragging My Heart Around" A capella. :wink:
"as we walk on the floodland"
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

Ozpat wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:
Von can always sing "Stop Dragging My Heart Around" A capella. :wink:
...or they could improvise a few verses of "Stairway to Heaven".
242headhunter
Amphetamine Filth

in '97 on the Dour festival Von said "Yes we do take requests,.." But I think that they didn't took one that night.
It's just a feeling
I get sometimes
A feeling
Sometimes...
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

they do take request but only if you ask them before the show (is it really so complicated from logistical point of view).
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Bartek wrote:they do take request but only if you ask them before the show (is it really so complicated from logistical point of view).
Good to know. Ok, I want Nine while Nine and Driven like the Snow in one sequence, Leeds in February. Hopefully enough time before the show! ;D
The Chancer Corporation
BillyBadBreaks
Fat Forgetful Bastard

abridged wrote:
Bartek wrote:they do take request but only if you ask them before the show (is it really so complicated from logistical point of view).
Good to know. Ok, I want Nine while Nine and Driven like the Snow in one sequence, Leeds in February. Hopefully enough time before the show! ;D
I think :von: takes requests for songs he already plans to play! :lol:
You still think swastikas look cool
The real nazis run your schools
They're coaches, businessmen and cops
In a real fourth reich you'll be the first to go
iesus
Overbomber

I would like to hear Sandstorm as intro to the Paris, Le Trianon concert and Dominion with an alto sax at the side of Ben to groove all along the song, is it too much?? :innocent: ;D
2 months is enough to arrange this :notworthy:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

sorry setlist is closed since 2009
theparadox2010
Amphetamine Filth

As far as i know, the Doktors brain is full of stuff that "might" be played on the tour, and a few more songs too. And the the set list is picked from the stuff thats in there.
As for the lights, if the lighting rig is hired in, it will be programmed by Liz or Nige, or whoever else is available, for a certain amount of songs, and they just select the ones that are on that nights show.
But, my lighting desk can be triggered by midi, and has been once or twice, off a spare channel on reason/cubase/midi controller, so, it could be done like that.
I did see a band that had an habit of playing very long solos a while back, and I spoke to the LD after, and asked how he programmed the desk, he said something like "I switch it to run, but can pause and do them on the fly"
we're better than the birthday party, but not as good as motorhead, that makes us pretty damn good!!!!
circle
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

theparadox2010 wrote:As for the lights, if the lighting rig is hired in, it will be programmed by Liz or Nige, or whoever else is available, for a certain amount of songs, and they just select the ones that are on that nights show.
But, my lighting desk can be triggered by midi, and has been once or twice, off a spare channel on reason/cubase/midi controller, so, it could be done like that.
I did see a band that had an habit of playing very long solos a while back, and I spoke to the LD after, and asked how he programmed the desk, he said something like "I switch it to run, but can pause and do them on the fly"
You can see on the videos from 2009 that the light show it's not totally equal from concert to concert, so the LD had some space to improvise. Also the light cues don't seem to be triggered, since they enter with different timings in each concert. But, as a LD myself, I can assure you that there is no problem in changing the setlist at the last minute, as a matter of fact it's quite usual to receive the setlist right before the concert.
;D
darkcircleroom4.blogspot.com
circle
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Since it seems that nowadays the trend is to play entire albuns live (Pixies, Cult, Psichedelic Furs, Suicide, Bunnymen, etc...) I would suggest that the band play the entire Floodland with the mentioned Sax player but also with a Concerto Piano for "1959" and Ben and Chris dressed in drag like Patricia, Ben could get the "Dominon" white dress and Chris the "This Corrosion" leather dress. :twisted:

I regret writing this already, and still haven't posted it... :innocent:
darkcircleroom4.blogspot.com
James Blast
Banned

circle wrote:I regret writing this already, and still haven't posted it... :innocent:
most sensible post I've seen on here in a long time ;D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
BillyBadBreaks
Fat Forgetful Bastard

James Blast wrote:
circle wrote:I regret writing this already, and still haven't posted it... :innocent:
if only you stopped posting :innocent:

:notworthy: :lol: :notworthy:
James Blast
Banned

Quiff Boy wrote:aye, and it's not just the doc, it's the light shows and smoke timings that would also have to be changed... a logistical nightmare and too complicated to do on the fly!
I take issue there Boss, okay last time I saw them was 05, but the lightshow looked at best random, it also looked 3rd rate (in my long concert going experience) but that's another issue :|
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
James Blast
Banned

BillyBadBreaks wrote:
James Blast wrote:

outside... Now!
fuckin' raspberry ripples, aw thi same and they're every-fuckin'-where! :twisted:
~ Peter Steele
BillyBadBreaks
Fat Forgetful Bastard

James Blast wrote:
BillyBadBreaks wrote:
James Blast wrote:most sensible post I've seen on here in a long time ;D

outside... Now!
fuckin' raspberry ripples, aw thi same and they're every-fuckin'-where! :twisted:
I'll get me coat! :lol:
Rise891

The lights for Summer are pretty
I am NOT in the cool club
James Blast
Banned

yeah but, you think taht's a good avatar ;D
~ Peter Steele
Rise891

Better?
I am NOT in the cool club