The Sisters at Sonisphere - 8th-10th July 2011

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2010 Sisters dates and the 2011 30th Anniversary tour
Ania
Road Kill

Vision wrote:If I can get together with a group of others, I'll be up for going - mainly because I can't go on my own, being unfamiliar with festivals and because I need keeping an eye on.

Anyone got a really big tent?
Mine is a 3-4 persons' :lol: You're more than welcome to camp with our fun-camp! There're about 20 of us and we had an amazing time last year! :twisted: (all of us became addicted to Jagermeister!). There's another sisters' fan in Kamp Kurwa too.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Looking into this 8)
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
radiojamaica
Overbomber

I'm no longer thinking about going. Now I'm thinking about going one, two or three days!
in dub we trust
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

radiojamaica wrote:I'm no longer thinking about going. Now I'm thinking about going one, two or three days!
:lol:

I noticed Sonicsphere do a sell-your-own tickets thingy. 20 sales means two freebies. Perhaps one of us can start such an account and then we can split out the savings over all 22? I'm sure we can reach such a number...

clicky

Anyone up for that?

On a side note: Finding accommodation is a pain!
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Being645
Above the Chemist

There should be a campsite within the next thirty or so miles ... so with a tent it could
be nice to go to the festival for a day or two and enjoy the English landscape for another ... :D ...
Debaser
Overbomber

Glamping anyone? Ignore the Canada bit

Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Debaser wrote:Glamping anyone? Ignore the Canada bit

:notworthy: Absolutely. In gig and sleeping terms God made hotels for me. Or very very posh tents! Am waiting for other interior places...
The Chancer Corporation
Being645
Above the Chemist

Debaser wrote:Glamping anyone? Ignore the Canada bit

... lovely ... I had thought only the English could come to such ideas ... must be some descendants over there ... :lol: ...

Anyway, if all of a sudden I should have the money to afford all that,
I'd rather save 95 % of it and should well be able to see all Sisters gigs for the next two or so years ... ;D ;D ;D ...
the_inescapable_truth
Amphetamine Filth

Hmm. Actually a pretty sweet lineup. Tempted.
LouLou
Slight Overbomber

much as i love eldo&co i draw the line at sleeping in a tent.

i'm out :|
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Just sleep under the beautiful summer skies then ;D
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
abridged
Slight Overbomber

LouLou wrote:much as i love eldo&co i draw the line at sleeping in a tent.

Likewise. Will wait for the indoor gigs. No bugs and drunks tripping over you. Not while you're asleep anyhow.
The Chancer Corporation
LouLou
Slight Overbomber

Obviousman wrote:Just sleep under the beautiful summer skies then ;D
that's pretty much what i'd end up having to do because i wouldn't know how to put it up even if i had a tent :lol: :oops:

@abridged - aye. don't forget the somewhat inconvenient 'convenience' situation :urff:
lex3000
Amphetamine Filth

I'm in because I've already got a ticket, but I too draw a line at sleeping in a tent. It's unfortunate however because if they're on at midnight as rumoured to be then all our sleeping options are severely limited.
czuczu
Overbomber

Isn't there a massive house at Knebworth?

There'll be loads of beds!
:innocent:
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

yeah I require a hotel.
@Ania Kamp Kurwa??? I would like to join in that one though:)
LouLou
Slight Overbomber

lex3000 wrote:

I'm in because I've already got a ticket, but I too draw a line at sleeping in a tent. It's unfortunate however because if they're on at midnight as rumoured to be then all our sleeping options are severely limited.
in Lokeren last year i waited for the first train in the morning and i didn't really mind that (it was a bit chilly though :lol: ). so in the unlikely event that i have a change of heart, that's probably what i'll do.

i just checked and there are precious few rooms left in hotels nearby. they do, however, talk about these so-called 'rock royalty' hotel packages on the festival website which may be worth considering if you are going to stick around for the entire festival and don't want to lose your connection with civilisation completely. but then again, you already have the ticket, so not much point really. hmmm.... :?

btw, the poster made it home in one piece! ;D :notworthy:
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Here it says Motörhead will be playing on the first day (july 8th):
http://concertful.com/concert/motorhead/knebworth_10393
in dub we trust
DasPerltAber
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Camping would be a deal-breaker for me. I should probably get my butt in gear and sort out our hotel and stuff. ;-)
Being645
Above the Chemist

... more and more I feel some fast growing need to get there ... * still resisting (slighty) ... Image ...
lex3000
Amphetamine Filth

DasPerltAber wrote:Camping would be a deal-breaker for me. I should probably get my butt in gear and sort out our hotel and stuff. ;-)
We looked into hotels and the nearest available are in Welwyn Garden City which is do-able in a taxi afterwards. Last trains to London leave at around midnight which is no use if they come on stage at midnight as rumoured.
Groningen - Lokerese Feesten
DasPerltAber
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

lex3000 wrote:
DasPerltAber wrote:Camping would be a deal-breaker for me. I should probably get my butt in gear and sort out our hotel and stuff. ;-)
We looked into hotels and the nearest available are in Welwyn Garden City which is do-able in a taxi afterwards. Last trains to London leave at around midnight which is no use if they come on stage at midnight as rumoured.
Thanks, mate. Will keep ya posted.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

radiojamaica wrote:Here it says Motörhead will be playing on the first day (july 8th):
http://concertful.com/concert/motorhead/knebworth_10393
:D :D :D :D
lex3000 wrote:
That's indeed how it seems... Taxi is reasonable, especially if we're splitting rides... Anyway, my stay is sorted as is my day off. Now get all the rest in order 8)
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
lex3000
Amphetamine Filth

Obviousman wrote:
That's indeed how it seems... Taxi is reasonable, especially if we're splitting rides... Anyway, my stay is sorted as is my day off. Now get all the rest in order 8)
I've got a reservation at the same hotel now.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Excellent :D
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr