Big City Black Rain

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Heartless
Amphetamine Filth

So, I am holding Ulterior´s debut album in my hands and track #5 on that CD ('Big City Black Rain') sounds remarkably like Flood 2. It's structure and some of the guitar work could as well be.

Ulterior´s homage to The Sisters? Could very well be I think. After all, they toured together.
No shade of anything can make a good summer over here.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

don't know about homage but i noticed the similarity too ;)

it's also got a hint of 9w9 in it, with that repeating riff meandering all the way through it.

it's probably my fave song of their album... (which given that 9w9 and flood ii are 2 of my fave sisters songs, isn't all that surprising :lol: :oops:)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
doctoravalanche
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

That's a hell of a good album !
Heartless
Amphetamine Filth

Right, now that you mentioned it I had to listen to 9w9 again and noticed that, too. ;)

Overall I think it´s actually a fairly nice album. Favourite song? Not sure, "Dream Dream" is also fairly great. Missing Aporia on the album though.
No shade of anything can make a good summer over here.
robm
Amphetamine Filth

I like "Catherine". Name of the girl I went to the NEC in 92 with...

There's a degree of lyrical ambition to the album, and you can see how they've mapped the Sisters' original ironic historical project onto the current interest in "The 80s". Or something. It's a good album, and I've played it more than any other I've bought this year so far.
damagedone

I feel Sister's motive in it,good song anyway
Aazhyd
Amphetamine Filth

More M*ss*on inspired than Sisters, I think. The way he sings is close to That Guitarist, but less awful.
Only the Americans could have built a place like this in the middle of a jungle.
Syberberg

The bassline reminds me of Lucretia.
I don't necessarily agree with everything I think.
pikkrong
Overbomber

I noticed the similarity to Flood II as well. But something in this song reminded me Billy Idol :) After their gig (supporting the Sisters last year) I would say Suicide meets Cult, wouldn't repeat it, listening to the album.
Anyway, I like them a lot.
do i drive
or am i driven
iesus
Overbomber

Just discovered an accoustic session of this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YUfIsTVWhs

Think Ulterior's singer sings far better than Hussey
Very promising band, would like to hear them live, don't think they can be achieve Cult's live standards though ;D
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
moses

I quite liked it on the first few listens but I don't think they will be around as a band in 2 years time (or less)
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity
damagedone

I edited this one for fun with some nice old Messerschmitt footages

;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dt0AF6QEqc
FatTimBob
Road Kill

damagedone wrote:I edited this one for fun with some nice old Messerschmitt footages

;D

It's a very entertaining combo :lol:

I now have a yearning for an airfix kit. Or the glue. Those childhood memories are very old... :?
Being645
Above the Chemist

damagedone wrote:I edited this one for fun with some nice old Messerschmitt footages

;D

Pretty, that fits ... ;D ...

btw ... :eek: ...
Maisey
Slight Overbomber

Aazhyd wrote:More M*ss*on inspired than Sisters, I think. The way he sings is close to That Guitarist, but less awful.
Pretty sure none of 'em are into the m*****n. Ben (synths) is a big Lorries fan though.
Nationalise the f**king lot.