Blade Runner II

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Pista
Cureboi

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-14586762
In no way do I speak for Ridley Scott, but if you're asking me will this movie have anything to do with Harrison Ford? The answer is no.
That's a relief. It would become a joke real fast if it did.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Sita
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Pista wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-14586762
In no way do I speak for Ridley Scott, but if you're asking me will this movie have anything to do with Harrison Ford? The answer is no.
That's a relief. It would become a joke real fast if it did.

That's pretty exciting news! I hear it with mixed feelings though. Saw the movie as a kid and found it quite disturbing, read the novel as an adult and found it even more disturbing.
Just one thing... what's wrong with Harrison Ford? :(
James Blast
Banned

he doesn't suit an earring ;D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Dan
Overbomber

Sita wrote:Just one thing... what's wrong with Harrison Ford? :(
Probably too old.
Pista
Cureboi

Sita wrote: Just one thing... what's wrong with Harrison Ford? :(
Well just try to imagine (yet) another Raiders Of The Lost Ark shindig with him in the lead role.
Think it would work?
Oh. & he doesn't suit an earring.

:lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Wasn't Bladerunner one of those things you had to like when you were sixteen but were in fact just dull? Like Russian arthouse films and The Clash? :twisted:
The Chancer Corporation
James Blast
Banned

no dissin' The Clash
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Dan
Overbomber

I saw Blade Runner again on TV last year sometime, but it'd been edited in a really weird way and various bits were missing an it made the whole thing awful and nonsensical.
Sita

abridged wrote:Wasn't Bladerunner one of those things you had to like when you were sixteen but were in fact just dull? Like Russian arthouse films and The Clash? :twisted:
Noooooo :eek:
If you mean stuff like Stalker, don't remind me... :urff:
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Sita wrote:
abridged wrote:Wasn't Bladerunner one of those things you had to like when you were sixteen but were in fact just dull? Like Russian arthouse films and The Clash? :twisted:
Noooooo :eek:
If you mean stuff like Stalker, don't remind me... :urff:
Ah Solaris, seminal apparently but yaaaawn! ;D
The Chancer Corporation
James Blast
Banned

yeah, Solaris (and the remake blow) but The Clash, get serious Dude!
~ Peter Steele
abridged
Slight Overbomber

James Blast wrote:yeah, Solaris (and the remake blow) but The Clash, get serious Dude!
ah glad am not the only Solaris hater! Tried to like the Clash but mostly just liked their covers, Bankrobber and I Fought the Law am afraid. Preferred early Ultravox! - of that era(ish).
The Chancer Corporation
James Blast
Banned

Know Your Rights

you can thank me after you've listened to it ;D
~ Peter Steele
Sita

I love Rachid Taha's arab version of Rock the Casbah
James Blast
Banned

it's better than the original, but that's not saying much :|
~ Peter Steele
Sita

abridged wrote:
James Blast wrote:yeah, Solaris (and the remake blow) but The Clash, get serious Dude!
ah glad am not the only Solaris hater! Tried to like the Clash but mostly just liked their covers, Bankrobber and I Fought the Law am afraid. Preferred early Ultravox! - of that era(ish).
It feels almost morally wrong to find Tarkowskij not fascinating, but I can't help it :(
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Sita wrote:
abridged wrote:
It feels almost morally wrong to find Tarkowskij not fascinating, but I can't help it :(
For years I tried to convince myself that his films were great but there came a point when i had to be honest with meself and admit that they were just boring! ah thank you for the link James. Maybe you'd like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DclSrYbSn-E Very underrated.
The Chancer Corporation
Francis
Overbomber

Blade Runner was very cool and mysterious in the early 80s, like The Sisters and Conan the Barbarian. Not as cool as Jimmy Dean though. Or even Jimmy Sommerville.
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.
sultan2075
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:no dissin' The Clash
Goddam right.

I'm back in Dallas, and responding to you.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
elevation

My colleages were talking about this at work, cause we were having a bad sequel ideas discussion and were discussing this new Conan the Barbarian film, so Blade Runner II came up. I am not a real fan of sequels, usually think they should pour money into new productions, rather than screwing up old storylines, but I have faith in Ridley Scott and I guess only time will tell.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

How can you do a sequel to Blade Runner? It is what it is, self-contained and complete.

Having said that, Ridley Scott has been milking it for all it's worth over the years, with a new "super-extra-special real-this-time director's cut" almost every year, why not completely flog the dead horse with a sequel?
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
10-E Rabid
Amphetamine Filth

Blade Runner II Attack of the Clones. Near Dark is being remade also. I'm gonna go gag.
"Go forth and become a happy cabbage"
James Blast
Banned

I'm one of the very few that likes the original 'original' with the voiceover and happy ending, so I'm buying into this one.

You can all Get Bent! ;D
~ Peter Steele
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

James Blast wrote:I'm one of the very few that likes the original 'original' with the voiceover and happy ending, so I'm buying into this one.

You can all Get Bent! ;D
You like all your movies with a 'happy ending' James! ;D

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
James Blast
Banned

FAC.

nothing better than an happy finish IzBert ;D
~ Peter Steele