most expensive and disappointing gig you have been to?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
mikeyv
Road Kill

This is any band ( and obviously does not include TSOM)
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

The Si... oh...

Erm.

Well, actually none then. Only the Sisters disappointed me a couple of times, but they wer not THAT expensive. Then again, 25 euro for an awful uninspired gig with a bad sound is always expensive.

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Debaser
Overbomber

The Chameleons - Athens 2003 :roll:

Ahhhhh, I'm supposed to say why. Because we went and they didn't :roll:
Last edited by Debaser on 11 Sep 2011, 23:36, edited 1 time in total.
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Have same problem as Iz, although for me TSOM gigs was a bit expensive. Other disappointing gigs weren't that expensive, in fact some of them were free.
BTW i sure that i had same thread but without 'expensive' as one of factor.
Debaser
Overbomber

Bartek wrote: BTW i sure that i had same thread but without 'expensive' as one of factor.
Aye but Mikey's new, we'll humour him rather than chastise eh? And he did use the word 'expensive' :lol: which is why I put a different gig to the one in your thread.
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Bartek wrote:Have same problem as Iz, although for me TSOM gigs was a bit expensive. Other disappointing gigs weren't that expensive, in fact some of them were free.
BTW i sure that i had same thread but without 'expensive' as one of factor.
I mean, I went to see Jean Michel Jarre and that cost me 50 euro. That's expensive. But it was super. I also saw bands for 10 euro and they were super. 'Expensive' all depends on one's own income of course :)

And for some or other reason, the best Sisters gigs I saw were always on a festival... which makes it cheaper when there are a lot of good bands there ;D

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Debaser
Overbomber

We could suggest using the 'search' button - but that's just mean :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

nae problem, in the end i kinda answer so i don't have problem with that. :kiss:
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:I mean, I went to see Jean Michel Jarre and that cost me 50 euro. That's expensive. But it was super. I also saw bands for 10 euro and they were super. 'Expensive' all depends on one's own income of course :)
Well tickets is not everything, i had to ad train tickets and that made is a bit more expensive, not to mention that 30€ (plus train tickets) for semi-retired band is quite a bit.
And you know- for students most things are expensive (not that it changed when I'm graduated, because it's not, at least not here and not in my branch, but that's other sad stories :wink:)
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Following Debaser's lead and nominating a different gig this time ...The "First" (and last) York Rock Festival would have to be the worst gig I've been to. Everyone, from The Chameleons to the Sisters sounded terrible, the wind played havoc with the P.A., and the facilities were badly planned. We left midway through the EATB set when Mac started on a lengthy version of the "ordering at the greengrocer's with a stammer" song.
Oh yes, and the car broke down in the middle of nowhere, so an expensive and disappointing day in many ways . I vowed never to see the Girls play in daylight again, a promise I have kept to so far ...
sultan2075
Overbomber

Bauhaus, in New Orleans, on their comeback tour.

I'm really glad I got to see (and chat with) Nick Cave on the same trip. Bauhaus were absolutely terrible, though. Utterly dull. Waste o' money. Made me angry that I could have stayed in Dallas and seen someone else (JAMC, I think, who I always liked more than Bauhaus anyway).
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Dan
Overbomber

Probably Madonna at Wembley Stadium in 1990. Being so far from the stage that she was a tiny dot. Listening to the following nights concert live on Radio 1 and discovering that she was miming to some of the songs didn't help much either.
Garbageman
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Hoping it is not Roger Daltrey when I see him perform Tommy on Thursday night!!
Like pushing a marsmallow into a piggy bank
Pista
Cureboi

Madonna in Vienna
100 euro for a ticket

Had seen live footage on the telly & so on & thought hell I want to see this for myself.

It was utter carp. The girl couldn't sing to save her flaming life. I'd rather listen to knives being sharpened
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
moses

Led Zeppelin - O2 Arena.
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity
James Blast
Banned

Sisters, Barras 2003, twenty six quid to have my illusions shattered
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
sam1

The The at the Barras way back in 2000...only 12.50 a ticket but for some reason really disappointing gig..trying to make a late night album (Nakedself) sound the same at the Barrowlands just does not work... I'd seen them twice at Barrowlands before and 3 times at the Royal Albert Hall , all really great gigs,so as I said disappointed from the start,,even left 3/4 of the way through.something I thought I would never do

If Matt Johnston announced new The The dates though,I'd still be on the front row!!! we forgive as we forget and all that jazz!
shivarising
Amphetamine Filth

U2 - Zoo TV tour '92. Worst thing was seeing them on Oct 30th, having them suck, and then realizing we also had tickets for the next night. :urff:

Oh, but Public Enemy and the Sugarcubes were pretty good (openers).
panzerfaust
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

zoo tv sucked? cant believe that. they hardly ever done a better tour..but thats just personal taste

lucky you guys complaining about 25euros for a sisters ticket.
i had to pay nearly 40 euros to see them in prague 2009, and the volume..but i dont rate it as as the worst thing.

worst could have been u2 in poland in 2006(or 2005)not because of the band, but for the completely retarded polish people who forced me not to smoke (smokin themselves) put down my backpack etc.. but when it started to rain, ooh how grateful they were for my umbrella.. fuckers.. they always behaved the worst at concerts in Czech Rep, so we thought its gonna be better in their own country, well..i never wanna experience that again. but

well my worst experiences are from attending gigs of DJs which i guess here makes no sense to describe as none of you is familiar with last decade of drumnbass scene or last 5yrs of dubstep.
so something out of that.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

First heard that such things did by my f**king countryman, but maybe it was only about Bonio fans. Nae we just can be that stupid ,esp. when we are (in) crowd. So pitty for your experience. Good advise: next time just don't give a f**k about them, ignore them like spoiled kid.
Sita

Madonna in Wembley Stadium 2008 - 150 pounds :urff: ... (or was it even 169 - you get the idea)
I hated her so much then. But it really wasn't her fault. Apart from that she can't sing, but everyone knows that, and I guess you don't go to hear her sing. - the stage decoration looked trash from my angle (best seat category my ass) - the dancers + she looked like a tribe of ants - a loudspeaker failed so there was an irritating mass exodus from the upper circles where folks couldn't hear

Then, Madonna in Munich 2008 was one of the most fun gigs I've been to, so I'm not holding a grudge against her. In fact I love her madly :kiss: