Remasters sampler Blue vinyl 12"

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Bertran De Born
Amphetamine Filth

hello there,

I bought on ebay a 12" on blue vinyl announced as "The Sisters Of Mercy Remasters Sampler".
It's coming with a colour sleeve (front cover is a collage of the 3 album covers) and from Australia (possibly)
Track list is as follows:
Side A:
On the wire
Blood money
Some kind of stranger (early)
when you don't see me (remix)

Side B:
Never Land (full length)
Emma
Long Train

Though this bears all "official" logos and credits, it doens't seem very official to me.

Do you guys now anything about this?
thanks for your tips
playboy
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Burzum wrote:hello there,

I bought on ebay a 12" on blue vinyl announced as "The Sisters Of Mercy Remasters Sampler".
It's coming with a colour sleeve (front cover is a collage of the 3 album covers) and from Australia (possibly)
Track list is as follows:
Side A:
On the wire
Blood money
Some kind of stranger (early)
when you don't see me (remix)

Side B:
Never Land (full length)
Emma
Long Train

Though this bears all "official" logos and credits, it doens't seem very official to me.

Do you guys now anything about this?
thanks for your tips
Have the record arrived yet? If so, look on the actual record, see what is engraved in the vinyl on the runoutgroove just before the label. Also, what does the back cover look like?
Bertran De Born
Amphetamine Filth

yes I have.
The run out groove says "sisters of mercy remasters sampler B" on side B (obviously). There is no run out groove on side A.

Back cover is a collage of variosus photos from different eras:
1- the 85 line up
2- the floodland era with a the beard and the snakeskin shirt
3- a classic vision thing era shot with TJ wearing the eagle short and AE with the photoshop skin

It bears the standard MR/WEA logos and credits.
playboy

Burzum wrote:yes I have.
The run out groove says "sisters of mercy remasters sampler B" on side B (obviously). There is no run out groove on side A.

Back cover is a collage of variosus photos from different eras:
1- the 85 line up
2- the floodland era with a the beard and the snakeskin shirt
3- a classic vision thing era shot with TJ wearing the eagle short and AE with the photoshop skin

It bears the standard MR/WEA logos and credits.
Official releases, standards and promos, should have a catalogue number engraved, like SAM724. Apparently your record has got the number SAM1AM. The first three letters are ok but it should be followed by three numbers. And from what I understand this cat.number is stated on the sleeve and/ or the label and no cat. number or referencenumber are engraved on the vinyl. This meens that the vinyl is most likely pressed the unlegal way.
Bootleg or not, it is always nice with coloured vinyls! They rock!
abridged
Slight Overbomber

It's an Australian bootleg, by the people who did the Damage Done, Body Electric, Alice coloured singles.
The Chancer Corporation
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Vinyl sampler of a CD release would seem very unlikely, especially these days - as would a Dr Seuss catalogue number! :lol:
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
Being645
Intellectual Love God

Any pictures, Burzum? ... please ... :wink:
Rise891

I am NOT in the cool club
Being645
Intellectual Love God

Yeah, that's the Australian Remaster Sampler. But is it the one Burzum has?
The setlist is the same and the colour does also fit.

*apart from the fact that I have, of course, long collected that picture for the Wiki (even though the page is not yet done)
and would love to have some pretty pictures of the back cover and everything as well to put them up there ... ;D :lol: ...
Bertran De Born
Amphetamine Filth

yes, that 's exactly the same picture as mine.
I'll take some pix of the back cover if you need them. Where shall i upload them? The gallery?
Being645
Intellectual Love God

Burzum wrote:yes, that 's exactly the same picture as mine.
I'll take some pix of the back cover if you need them. Where shall i upload them? The gallery?
Lovely, burzum ... :) :notworthy: ...

Well, you can upload it to the Wiki directly if you register there
or PM me for my email address, sent it to me and I'll do it for you.

Or you just post it here. If you don't know how, let me know ... :wink: ...
Being645
Intellectual Love God

So, through with that ... http://sisterswiki.org/Remasters_Sampler

Thanks to, eh ... Bertrand De ... Born ... for the basic cover pics ... :lol: ...

and thanks to everybody else involved for the pics of the labels and vinyl ... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: ...
Aazhyd
Amphetamine Filth

It says "Neverland" while the track is actually called "Never Land". That should give it away.

Seems like bootleggers never can get everything right.
Only the Americans could have built a place like this in the middle of a jungle.
mh
Above the Chemist

Aazhyd wrote:It says "Neverland" while the track is actually called "Never Land". That should give it away.

Considering that maybe at least 50% of Sisters fans can't get it right either we should forgive them. :lol:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Being645
Intellectual Love God

Oh yes, I noted that as well. In the Wiki, there's lots of "Neverland"s ... thought about changing that ... but it's a bit of a job ...

http://sisterswiki.org/index.php?title= ... &limit=500
Being645
Intellectual Love God

Aazhyd wrote:It says "Neverland" while the track is actually called "Never Land". That should give it away.

However, there's no further "Neverland" in the Wiki now. And no more "Suzannes", either ... :twisted: ...

*What a punishment. Write 75 times: Never Land, Never Land, Never Land... three days and oh, had it been as easy as that ...