RIP Gary Speed

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

so, so sorry to hear about this
a great player, and turning out to be a great boss for wales. whatever his problems were, i hope he's at peace now.
:cry:
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

sh*t :o

he was a great player for us briefly at the end of his career, and was a valuable member of the back-room staff at bramall lane.

granted, when he went on to manage us he was pretty sh*t, but it seemed like he'd turned a corner in his managerial career with wales :|

f*ck.

my condolences to his family.

What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Sad to hear. Wales seemed to be going well for him. Sad news indeed.
The Chancer Corporation
czuczu
Overbomber

Really doesn't make sense. RIP
Silver_Owl
The Don

:? :(
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
damagedone
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

so sad,hope he is in a better place now.RIP Gary Speed :cry:
Keep Music Evil
bearskin
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Part of the great Leeds midfield that won the last First Division title. Always one of my favourite players. R.I.P
Inner wetness
Being645
Above the Chemist

Didn't know him, but when it comes so all of a sudden, it's mostly especially sad ... :( :( :( ...

R.I.P., though I think it's been the wrong decision ... and my deepest condolences to his family ... :( :( :( :( ...
SteBacchus
Amphetamine Filth

I can't believe it. I met him a couple of times at Bolton, he was a fans favorite, and not just because of his football skill but also as a man. When you met him he was always really nice and had loads of time for you. He will be sadly missed :cry: :cry:
I don't doubt and I don't take direction....
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

A well known former soccer player in Holland as well! RIP!
"as we walk on the floodland"
mh
Above the Chemist

This is a bit of a downer. I've friends who are huge LUFC fans and I remember him from the great team of the early 90s, despite not being a footie-head myself. Seems totally inexplicable but these things always are, aren't they?

If there's a man upstairs he's just got himself a great playah. RIP Gary.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I've heard speculation that the gutter press had been threatening to release some "revelations" about his private life. If this is true, yet more blood on their hands...

A very sad loss.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

Still gutted. David Batty and Gary Speed were my idols growing up.

RIP. :( :( :( :( :(
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”