Floodland on 180gm vinyl

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Pat
Slight Overbomber

http://www.diversevinyl.com/item.php?id ... c8a47f1b54

Torch and Colours squeezed in there as well .
I'd expect the dates to be pushed back as usual with MoFi.

Also found it here
http://www.vinylonly.biz/mfsl-silver-se ... 8209-p.asp
but nothing on the MoFi site.
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

It is on their main site www.musicdirect.com

Apparently the shipping from the US to Canada is $57!!!

f**k that.

Think I'll have to call them...
24.24.2.489 Deceased
bangles
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

if torch and colours were squeezed in, would that make it more, or less lightly to also have the original vinyl edits ( such as Driven Like The Snow)...??
Asperum Aestimate Fimi Aliquid Hodie
bangles

if torch and colours were squeezed in, would that make it more, or less lightly to also have the original vinyl edits ( such as Driven Like The Snow)...??
Pat
Slight Overbomber

Less likely I would have thought, they could be using the master for the original CD. Squeezing 1hrs worth of music onto a single disc isn't exactly going all out for sound quality. Hopefully they've got the track listing wrong.
bangles

Hopefully. Personally, I'm not a fan of the bonus tracks on these vinyl reissues but when it can compromise the sound quality - which presumably is why it would've been edited in the first place - it seems bizzare...
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

I called Music Direct. Apparently the Silver Series are remasters of the best quality source they can find of the original release, not necessarily the master tapes, so you're probably right Pat.

Also by phoning I got the shipping reduced to a reasonable amount as well which was nice!
24.24.2.489 Deceased
robertzombie
Overbomber

Was this ever released?
Pat
Slight Overbomber

I keep checking. The release date keeps getting put back. Looks like the middle of January now, nearly a year after it was originally announced.
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

A shame that they couldn't tie the release in with the recent 25th anniversary publicity - they might have shifted a few more copies.
iesus
Overbomber

Maybe their aim is the 30th anniversary ;D ;D
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

I know it's way too easy and/or cheap but, I think that a pun on TSOM releasing policy.
dtsom
Slight Overbomber

It seems that this title will be released on April 30, 2013.

http://www.amazon.com/Floodland-Sisters ... nkc4192-20
2023: Los Ángeles,Las Vegas, Londonx2, Valencia Madrid, Lisbon, Porto, Bilbao
robertzombie
Overbomber

This title will be released on October 22, 2013.
despair

robertzombie wrote:This title will be released on October 22, 2013.
Probably not :?
despair

Amazon update:
This title will be released on November 12, 2013.

Don't believe that either.

The only date that matters is the one from Music Direct, which is currently TBA.
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

I'm sure I'm not the only one enjoying the irony of the constant delays in releasing this. I suppose that Music Direct realise that TSOM fans are a patient lot who are pathetically grateful for whatever eventually comes out.
Being645
Above the Chemist

Anyway, there's no need to hurry. The allegedly limited edition FALAA can still be found on ebay each week ... two years after release ... :wink: ...
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Being645 wrote:Anyway, there's no need to hurry. The allegedly limited edition FALAA can still be found on ebay each week ... two years after release ... :wink: ...
As can be seen here ...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDU0t1uCjEI
despair

Being645 wrote:Anyway, there's no need to hurry. The allegedly limited edition FALAA can still be found on ebay each week ... two years after release ... :wink: ...
Still available directly from MoFi and Music Direct as well. That's because the limited edition number has 6 digits, so they can just keep pressing more copies as long as there is a demand. Obviously the demand will stop long before they reach 999999.

Hmm... or maybe the first pressing just sells real slow, and that's why they don't bother with Floodland :urff:
Being645
Above the Chemist

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:
As can be seen here ...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDU0t1uCjEI
:lol: ... pretty ... we should link that to the Wiki ... (once this release has a page there) ... :innocent:
despair wrote: Still available directly from MoFi and Music Direct as well. That's because the limited edition number has 6 digits, so they can just keep pressing more copies as long as there is a demand. Obviously the demand will stop long before they reach 999999.

Hmm... or maybe the first pressing just sells real slow, and that's why they don't bother with Floodland :urff:

I've just found out (thanks to vicus' review in German on Poison Door) that MoFi releases are limited not as to numbers but as to time for repressings ...

MFSL have 2 years' time during which they can produce further pressings on 140g vinyl to demand ...

These two years are over around November 2013, i.e. approximately now ... :wink: ...
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

I hope you're all sitting down . . .

... The Mo Fi website is describing it as being (gasp) In stock.

This definitely passes for a major event in a year when a man in a film wearing a Sisters t-shirt constitutes the biggest news. Me and Mrs L are cracking open a bottle of wine to celebrate.
iesus
Overbomber

I totally enjoyed the last scene of that movie and we all remember what was played in a device like this

;D :innocent:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
17.auflage
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I´ll first belive it, if I hold the vinyl in my hands. :lol: :eek:
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

I have had my credit card debited a couple of days ago, so I should receive it in the next week or so.
I'd completely forgotten I had pre-ordered this!
24.24.2.489 Deceased