chicken dance????????

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Serendipityhaven
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

ok,i'm wondering if this may be a regional thing?or a north/south divide thing perhaps?
what is this chicken dance thing then huh?
im guessing theres some arm movement involved here(in the style of a chicken perhaps).
i simply cant figure this out tho.theres many (ahem) styles,most of which will involve large and expressive arm waving/twirling of some description but i have never ever seen anything remotely chicken-esque being demonstrated on a dance floor in my life;not even at birtrhday parties as a child.
i myself favour anything of the frenzied/manic overly hyperactive and energetic kind of cavorting,unless of course its something like Ribbons maybe,or psychonaut lib II by the neph etc etc.that requires far less available floorspace and much more gothiness. :wink:
You know you're something special,
And you look like you're the best
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

Cant fathom moving like a chicken and in my day I was pretty good on the dance floor...all to brit music of course. Lord, when everyone I knew was going to see bon jovi and hair bands I was into the Psychedelic Furs, Billy Idol and anything that had a brit accent. I still am. That's why I'm here.....LOL

Andrew..where are you? I need you I want you...do any of you know where I am going....uh oh? Is it an Eldy fantasy....oh my it's that one involving custard..the bath and ........
:wink: :wink: :wink:
sorry I got carried away there for a moment.
:P

:innocent: :von:
Loki
God of Mischief and Discord

Serendipityhaven wrote:ok,i'm wondering if this may be a regional thing?or a north/south divide thing perhaps?
what is this chicken dance thing then huh?
im guessing theres some arm movement involved here(in the style of a chicken perhaps).
i simply cant figure this out tho.theres many (ahem) styles,most of which will involve large and expressive arm waving/twirling of some description but i have never ever seen anything remotely chicken-esque being demonstrated on a dance floor in my life;not even at birtrhday parties as a child.
i myself favour anything of the frenzied/manic overly hyperactive and energetic kind of cavorting,unless of course its something like Ribbons maybe,or psychonaut lib II by the neph etc etc.that requires far less available floorspace and much more gothiness. :wink:
I don't think 'Chicken Dance' has anything to do with the North/South divide but relates to the Ian Curtis-type rhythmless Dad Dance that men of a certain age feel compelled to demonstrate on the dance floor at wedding receptions, birthday parties, family gatherings etc for the ritual humiliation and eternal embarrassment of their children. :oops: :twisted:

I'm an expert and firmly believe that I still have natural rhythm. It's just the beat that's changed. :eek:
Loki was never worshiped as the other Gods,
Which is quite understandable.
mh
Above the Chemist

It's definitely a Joy Division reference, which was in turn a reference to some movie or other.

The ROGI on Still refers to this, so have a look there and do some Google searches.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Loki

mh wrote:It's definitely a Joy Division reference, which was in turn a reference to some movie or other.

The ROGI on Still refers to this, so have a look there and do some Google searches.
I always thought Curtis was the 'spastic trapped butterfly' dance? Or maybe it's just my age? Perhaps QB can modify my status at 100 posts and elevate me to Santogen Filth. Must go and have a nap zzz...zzz...zzz
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Johnny Boy wrote:Or maybe it's just my age? Perhaps QB can modify my status at 100 posts and elevate me to Santogen Filth.
why wait? :twisted:

:innocent:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Loki

Quiff Boy wrote:
Johnny Boy wrote:Or maybe it's just my age? Perhaps QB can modify my status at 100 posts and elevate me to Santogen Filth.
why wait? :twisted:

:innocent:
:eek: :eek: ELDERLY BASTARD GROOVY! :notworthy:
Big Si
School Bully

mh wrote:It's definitely a Joy Division reference, which was in turn a reference to some movie or other.

It refers to the last film he watched before he died "Stroszek" by Werner Herzog (about a man who can't choose between his wife and lover). The scene was recreated in 24hr Party People. And Debbie Curtis' book has rather more detail.
On May 18th 1980, two days before Joy Division were due to leave for America, and two months before his 24th birthday, Ian Curtis committed suicide. He returned to his home in Macclesfield, persuaded Deborah to stay the night at her parents' house, watched Stroszek (a film by Werner Herzog), listened to Iggy Pop, then hanged himself. Many reasons have been advanced for his suicide: depression caused by his epilepsy or by the drugs he was taking to control it, the break-up of his marriage, worries about the American tour, or a morbid desire to emulate those of his heroes who had died young.
From http://www.lwtua.free-online.co.uk/shad ... .html#1980
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Loki

Big Si wrote:

It refers to the last film he watched before he died "Stroszek" by Werner Herzog (about a man who can't choose between his wife and lover). The scene was recreated in 24hr Party People. And Debbie Curtis' book has rather more detail.
On May 18th 1980, two days before Joy Division were due to leave for America, and two months before his 24th birthday, Ian Curtis committed suicide. He returned to his home in Macclesfield, persuaded Deborah to stay the night at her parents' house, watched Stroszek (a film by Werner Herzog), listened to Iggy Pop, then hanged himself. Many reasons have been advanced for his suicide: depression caused by his epilepsy or by the drugs he was taking to control it, the break-up of his marriage, worries about the American tour, or a morbid desire to emulate those of his heroes who had died young.
From http://www.lwtua.free-online.co.uk/shad ... .html#1980
All very, very sad. Avatar tribute. :cry:
pikkrong
Overbomber

am I the only one who has noticed that movements of Curtis and Mr. Bean (while he's dancing) are little bit similar? :lol:
(don't hit me, I love Joy Division very much)
pikkrong
Overbomber

Johnny Boy wrote:
ELDERLY BASTARD GROOVY -
what a good idea for a myheartland t-shirt :lol:
pikkrong
Overbomber

Big Si wrote:
It refers to the last film he watched before he died "Stroszek" by Werner Herzog (about a man who can't choose between his wife and lover).
I havn't seen "24 Hour Party People" yet.
But I've seen "Stroszek" - good film - bizarre and sad 8)
Only one correction - I wouldn't say it was about a man who can't choose between his wife and lover :innocent:
Black Dahlia
Elegantly Wasted

pikkrong wrote:
Johnny Boy wrote:
ELDERLY BASTARD GROOVY -
Or what about "f**k ME AND MARRY ME OLD" ?? :lol:
Hell is other people
pikkrong
Overbomber

Black Dahlia wrote:
pikkrong wrote:
Johnny Boy wrote:
ELDERLY BASTARD GROOVY -
Or what about "**** ME AND MARRY ME OLD" ?? :lol:
suits well with the recent facts of my CV :lol:
but I still would prefer the ELDERLY... print :wink:
Loki

pikkrong wrote:
Black Dahlia wrote:
pikkrong wrote: ELDERLY BASTARD GROOVY -
Or what about "**** ME AND MARRY ME OLD" ?? :lol:
And whilst us oldies are chatting over the garden fence, if you really want a trip down memory lane, check out ...

http://www.the-costume-store.co.uk/mall ... 771072.stm

for that 'must have' fashion accessory to remind you of your childhood. :D
pikkrong
Overbomber

Johnny Boy wrote:
pikkrong wrote:
Black Dahlia wrote: Or what about "**** ME AND MARRY ME OLD" ?? :lol:
And whilst us oldies are chatting over the garden fence, if you really want a trip down memory lane, check out ...

that was painful :oops: :oops: :oops:
Loki

pikkrong wrote:
Johnny Boy wrote:
pikkrong wrote: suits well with the recent facts of my CV :lol:

that was painful :oops: :oops: :oops:
I'VE GOT ONE!! :urff:
elguiri

Johnny Boy wrote:

ELDERLY BASTARD GROOVY!

ELDERLY BASTARD GROOVY -

what a good idea for a myheartland t-shirt

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

With the Old Sisters Head........Would definitely get my vote.......and more importantly ........Cash 8)
"Very Elderly Bastard Groovy"
Loki

elguiri wrote:

Johnny Boy wrote:

ELDERLY BASTARD GROOVY!

ELDERLY BASTARD GROOVY -

With the Old Sisters Head........Would definitely get my vote.......and more importantly ........Cash 8)
Agree Elguiri. :notworthy:

QB: The Pro-Plus Revolution starts here. Better get designing ... :wink:
pikkrong
Overbomber

Johnny Boy wrote:
elguiri wrote:

Johnny Boy wrote:

ELDERLY BASTARD GROOVY!

ELDERLY BASTARD GROOVY -

and if the copyright question would arise (it's a trademark of Merciful Release) the area of eyes of the head could be covered with black stripe as Sex Pistols did with queen's face ;D
Last edited by pikkrong on 30 Jul 2003, 18:35, edited 1 time in total.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

nice :twisted:
nearmethexperience
Sarky Git

yowza...

i'd buy that for (probably a lot more than) a dollar ;)
++++ All those of you who have tears, prepare to shed them now... ++++
Serendipityhaven

ah it all becomes clear now then.
i'd thought it was an actual type of dancing you see,but its meant to generally describe the dad rock dance then eh?(or thereabouts).

well thems that dare,do(dance that is);thems that dare not,sit on the peripherals of all the action trying to look wistfully mysterious whilst harbouring the yearning to get up,forget everyone and everything else and loose themselves in their own intimate revelery on the dance floor.......maybe?

ian curtis-genious. :notworthy:
You know you're something special,
And you look like you're the best
Loki

pikkrong wrote:
Johnny Boy wrote:
elguiri wrote:

and if the copyright question would arise (it's a trademark of Merciful Release) the area of eyes of the head could be covered with black stripe as Sex Pistols did with queen's face ;D
And if the black stripe over the eyes carries a very tastefull www.myheartland.co.uk then everybody's happy :D
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

holy hell! i better get photoshop cranked up hadn't i? :D :D :D