The Cult - déjà vu ??

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Astbury, Duffy and co released their "new" album this week - anyone else recognise the riff on this track ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=328L6_0a ... el&list=UL
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

you get it all wrong, it not that they're ripping from themself, it's their own unique style.
(btw. it looks that is what you have to do today, many 'old' bands doing it these days- going backwards and copying tunes or somtimes whole albums form the past.)
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Bartek wrote:you get it all wrong, it not that they're ripping from themself, it's their own unique style.
(btw. it looks that is what you have to do today, many 'old' bands doing it these days- going backwards and copying tunes or somtimes whole albums form the past.)
You're right when I think about it - the Prodigy being another obvious example of a band reworking one of their old riffs (on "Omen").Thankfully the whole Cult album is not variations on a theme although lyrically there are also echoes of the old Death Cult days.
spot778
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

They did the same thing with Beyond Good and Evil.
End of line.