Leeds Arena

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

The Evening Post are having a poll to see who should be the opening night act at the Arena in Leeds when it finally opens for gigs http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/n ... d=7.109384

Disappointing to see the Girls don't feature in the list of options ...
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:The Evening Post are having a poll to see who should be the opening night act at the Arena in Leeds when it finally opens for gigs http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/n ... d=7.109384

The entire list is, err ... disappointing, ok ... :lol: ...
bangles
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:
Just out of curiosity - and I know it's hard to really quantify but if they could only choose from local bands, who'd be the biggest band from Leeds... ever?!

Would it be The Sisters?
Asperum Aestimate Fimi Aliquid Hodie
sam1
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

bangles
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

That looks like a yes - then!

Well maybe the Kaiser's came close for a while but I remember that when I was in Leeds for the birthday shows last year, the amount of Kaiser Chief CD's in the second hand shops was astonishing!

Thanks for that sam
Asperum Aestimate Fimi Aliquid Hodie
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Despite their recent decline, Kaiser Chiefs are clearly the popular choice and have definitely had more commercial success (which is what really matters in this poll) than the Sisters. As have, from that list, Soft Cell. But there are a few missing. The Wedding Present never quite got as high in the charts as the girls but had more consistent success over a longer period. And, like it or not, The Mish were more successful inmthe same way (no top 10 singles but considerably more chart action and the bigger albums of the two).

But none of that really matters. Biggest act ever from Leeds is, without a doubt, Mel B.
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.