Anyone know anything about Irvine, California?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Does anyone know anything about Irvine, California? Is there much to do there? Any good rock & roll bars, gig venues etc?

It would appear I'm going out there for a month with work. Very shortly.
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Isn't that where the Real Housewives live? :lol:

ClickettyClick
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
nodubmanshouts
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I live in San Diego, and Irvine is kinda in the middle between me and L.A. I've been there a few times, but I'm not an expert...

Its a bit of suburban sprawl, but its not a bad place at all. L.A. is a short (in US terms) drive away, so you could easily hit clubs in LA/Santa Monica on a weekend.

Northern San Diego is about the same distance drive, but San Diego City is about twice as far.

I hear Huntington Beach and Newport beach are good places to go... but I've no idea about clubs, and some such... its been a long time since I've been-a-clubbing.

For day time pursuits, I think Orange County will be in town soon.. for a non-nocturnal all American experience, you could check that out.

Hope that helps a bit...