A place to bury strangers

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber

The best guitar based band in ages. They are pissing all over everybody else, at last a band with A SOUND.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXsHK40tmEM&feature=fvst

They played Athens on Saturday and blew everyone's head off, distortion and feedback and maximum volume, guitars screaming, the bass player falling into the crowd, a fantastic lightshow, absolutely brilliant!!

This is nothing for the light hearted!

They are touring the US from this week on and if you have the chance DON'T MISS THEM.

Pista
Cureboi

Love 'em
A sort of JAMC on PCP.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
robertzombie
Overbomber

I've never listened to them but my band's bass player loves them. Where do I start?
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber

robertzombie wrote:I've never listened to them but my band's bass player loves them. Where do I start?
either their previous lp "exploding head" or their new one "worship", doesn't matter cause their both great records. have fun :D
Gary
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Great band, love em!
paul
Overbomber

excellent!!!
Pista
Cureboi

Not heard Worship yet, but the first two albums were really very good.

Try some youtube stuff Rob

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9xMFKtF ... ure=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MR5JV3qXbak

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eN0j5xIt ... ure=relmfu
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
pikkrong
Overbomber

Great band. Got all their albums and a couple of singles. Saw them earlier this year in Stockholm, the gig was stunning, the small club was full of noises and smoke... :notworthy:
Bought their T-shirt and asked if it's a naked woman or naked man on the front side picture. "It's a woman, it's feminist T-shirt "- said the singer who was standing behind the merch stall. I have to say it's a very hazy photo and it's being feminist is even hazier for me but it's still one of my favourite non-Sisters T-shirts - as the band as well.
If you ask where to start, it's not so easy to say. I fell in love with them after the first album which - at some moments - reminded me even very early Sisters (besides Mary Chain and some other stuff) but maybe it's just me. I would say all 3 albums are different and it's up to you which seems the best. I love them all.
And the shirt, it's still partly yellowish, after wasing, so it probably wasn't roadies' beer or groupies' pss on it but such kind of textile :innocent:
Did I say I love that noise?
do i drive
or am i driven
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Silence is platinum wrote:The best guitar based band in ages. They are pissing all over everybody else, at last a band with A SOUND.

Interesting. To me it sounds like (JAMC offshoot) John Moore and the Expressway covering a lesser Sisters song, say Heartland or FALAA.
Pista
Cureboi

Have now listened to the new album Worship.
Have to say it is excellent!

:notworthy: :notworthy:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber

I realy think their sound isn't that far away from the girls live-sound in their very early days.
But then again you can find so many different influences in their songs : suicide, ramones, sonic youth, swans, jamc, 60s pop, slowdive and so many others but in the end it just sound like A place to bury strangers.

Btw when the singer was asked about his favourite albums he mentioned amongst others Cocteau twins's : garlands.
Fine chap!
damagedone
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Listening to them now,must say i'm very nicely surprised with their sound.Another fine band that goes to my player.
Keep Music Evil
radiojamaica
Overbomber

They are one of my favourite bands of the last years. I was immediately taken by their sound, right when the 1st album was released. Went to see them live when they did the support for MGMT and they just blew the main act of the evening straight out of the water (of course)! I remember being surprised they had a 'real' drummer as their 1st album sounded like drummachine bussiness to me... there certainly was that early Sisters sound, but also JAMC, My Bloody Valentine, Joy Division, Cure, etc Good influences :D But they did make their own brew out of that :notworthy:

I've seen them quite a few times over the years and only once it was an average gig (a festival on a rainy afternoon), but every other one was amazing and the last one I saw was no less than sensational!

1st & 2nd albums are my faves, but also the Onwards To The Wall ep...

:D
in dub we trust
sentenza
Amphetamine Filth

Just gotta hear them, they sound great !
i'll keep an eye over it...
"this is the revenge of the fuckwit"
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

LOVE 'em, have their first album. ;D :notworthy: :von:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Silence is platinum wrote:They are touring the US from this week on and if you have the chance DON'T MISS THEM.
DAGNABBIT. NYC and Boston, no CT. Sigh. :cry: :evil: :roll:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry: