RIP Bill Tarmey, aka Jack Duckworth

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Former Coronation Street actor Bill Tarmey has died aged 71 in Tenerife. He played Jack Duckworth on the ITV1 soap for 31 years. The show says the cast and crew are "devastated."

http://www.itv.com/news/story/2012-11-0 ... rmey-dies/

Jack Duckworth was my hero :cry:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Agreed. The Vera/Jack partnership was up there with the greats, Derek and Mavis, Fred and Audrey, etc from the golden years where Corrie was the funniest show on TV. Jack was the patron saint of feckless work shy losers everywhere, and with Vince St Clair Mr Tarmey excelled himself. RIP.
Pista
Cureboi

I was always an 'Enders person meself, but I do remember him & Vera.
RIP :(
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Hunslet Ramone
Amphetamine Filth

Jack was one of the Coro Greats.
Always watched this programme, and still like it today.
Only soap I do like.

As for Eastenders, God just the Enders tune bores me,let alone the people sitting on that form in the square.
I go to gigs, and if there is any money left, I eat