Help!

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Lamia
Amphetamine Filth

:eek: Hellllp! My pc crashed and ive lost all my addresses out of outlook express section. Being completely and utterly computer illiterate i havent a clue how to retrieve them, or even if they can be retrieved! Any ideas? I shall just sit quietly in a corner sucking jelly babies as i slip into the depths of depression until i find an answer to this! :eek:
Intimations of mortality are all about me.....
Big Si
School Bully

That happened to Andy last week :eek:

http://www.myheartland.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=2258

I like the Black ones the most! :wink:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
hallucienate
Overbomber

first thing: PANIC!!!

Feel better now? Good.

By crash do you mean "the hard drive is completely bust and there is nothing left on it" or do you mean "I had to reinstall windows"?

If it's the first one, then you aren't in much luck, if it's the second one then you might be OK.

I'm assuming you're using Outlook Express 5 or above.

First search your PC for "*.wab" without the "s, this is the format your address book is in. If you find one you're in with a chance, if you find more than one you've got a better chance. If you don't then you might have lost it :(

If you find any files with a .wab extension copy them somewhere easy to find, like you desktop, then open Outlook Express and use the File>Import menu to import it.

There are some version changes between OE5 and OE5.01, so it might be a good idea to update Outlook Express to the lastest version.

Hope that helps.
Lamia
Amphetamine Filth

Ok panic over, well for at least 5 minutes anyway! :urff: Twas the latter - everything had to be reinstalled. Pain in the bluming arse actually. But hey ho, such is life! Ty for the swift replies, i will give it a go to see if i can do a sucessful retrieval! If i fail i shall go and live in a cave on my own forever!

Black ones are good Si, but nowhere near as Zingy as the green ones ;D

Life needs to be zingy :wink:
Intimations of mortality are all about me.....