Peter Murphy tour - celebrating 35 years of BAUHAUS

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
blackandgold65
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Oh yessss....a must do in my book..........
2013 Mr Moonlight Tour:
Murphy to tour N America & Europe playing only Bauhaus material

http://www.petermurphy.info/

8)
"I think insipid music is very dangerous. It's a narcotic for the nation as you very well know."
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Great news but I am gutted as am working the night he plays Glasgow. :( He still has it live too, as you can see from the great vid of Velocity Bird from last year which is also on his homepage.
Mav787
One life, all I need

Got my tickets for Nottingham and might just do London as well. Well chuffed. :D
blackandgold65

Bristol for me, really looking forward to him doing those old songs....in fact the very last time I saw Bauhaus would have been in the same venue in 1983!!!! God, I feel old!!! :D
"I think insipid music is very dangerous. It's a narcotic for the nation as you very well know."
blackandgold65

I have also just seen from Killing Joke's FB page that Youth is producing PM's new solo album material which should be interesting....wonder who will turn up in the Bauhaus set touring band, Danny Ash's shoes et al will be hard to fill...
Mav787
One life, all I need

I think it will be his usual touring band - Mark Gemini Thwaite (late of The m*****n) on guitar. They've been gradually introducing more and more Bauhaus songs into their set for some time now.
blackandgold65

Mav787 wrote:I think it will be his usual touring band - Mark Gemini Thwaite (late of The m*****n) on guitar. They've been gradually introducing more and more Bauhaus songs into their set for some time now.
Thanks for that....not seen PM since the Bauhaus days (1983) I am afraid to say, for one reason or another, and some of his solo work over the years has not always appealed in quite the same way etc, but with 2008's Go Away White and his last solo album Ninth, I've got right back in the fold again....excellent...
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Fans of Peter might be interested in his recent contribution to Paul Statham's Dark Flowers project :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0IGbbY7pEg

It's a bit slow to start but some nice chord sequences towards the end.

Paul Statham co-wrote most of the fair-to-middling solo stuff Peter did in the 90s (which you are referring to here Blackandgold65) and before that was in legendary Nottinghamshire New Romantic combo B-Movie in the early 80s, purveyors of fine synth pop/indie club classics, Remembrance Day, Nowhere Girl and the legendary goth-tinged Marilyn Dreams :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNgh8fSVBnA