This needs saying <decloaks>

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
James Blast
Banned

IPSA consultation on MPs’ pay and pensions

IPSA
7th floor
Portland House
Bressenden Place
SW1E 5BH
London

Date. 11.7.13

Response to MPs pay and pensions Consultation (11% salary increase etc etc)

To whom it may concern.....if anybody is listening.

This decision is a disgrace to ordinary people in public and private industry. I have had to take both a pay cut and no pay increase since 2006 as a public sector worker below the annual average wage. Where is the …..we're all in this together concept? With golden handshakes, more favourable pension rights, generous expenses, the right to hold a second job and paying positions on boards etc etc, where is the sense of understanding and reality in a nation gripped in recession after recession, escalating energy costs, high inflation in comparison to public sector pay, rising food prices, rising fuel prices and tax increases? In addition our MPs have betrayed us time and time again with expenses scandals, second homes scandals and failing to address corruption in the banking sector. Ordinary people like me with no particular axe to grind politically (I think all politicians are useless money grabbing wankers) are now saying enough is enough. These self obsessed tossers are not living in the real world. When will they get it into their thick skulls that they are there as a privilege and not a career opportunity to jump on the gravy train to the land of milk and honey. What is even worse is the fact that when the rare occasion happens and an MP is sent to prison the fuckers cost us even more money in board and lodgings and when they come out the write a book about how they suffered with the common man in prison after being release a few weeks later.

For the first time ever, I believe we are all in it together. Common folks with no particular political leanings or affiliation are united against what can only be described as pure and simple 'greed' to the detriment of the elderly who are struggling to heat their homes in winter and the young who cannot find work. Such pay rises only seek to drive an expanding wedge between public representatives and the people they claim to represent. Maybe if they tried living outside London they might understand a changing world beyond their Nirvana. They wouldn't even need to get their passport out or be inoculated. Some may require a translator, those MPs marooned south of Kent.

This decision will only seek to divide the country further, between the haves and the have nots. This simply cannot be sustainable. Clearly they have not learned from the banking collapse and I suspect never will whilst likeminded tossers continue to protect MPs positions of authority and perpetuate a two tier state. When will somebody with half a brain see what they are doing to society? Alas no one cares anymore….that's the problem….and if the politicians don't care for us then we won't care for them or the society they are trying to impose on us. As for 'One Nation'.....my arse.....more wank words that mean f**k all to me and the public.

Here's an idea (forgive me but it might have been one of Margaret Thatcher's (may she rest)....why don't we put them all on performance related pay? Why don't we get them to link their pay to the continuing national deficit and rising cost of living? They can share anything that is left between them. We can even give them a wee certificate for being such dedicated representatives in such times of austerity.

I don't expect anything will change. The evidence thus far says it all. Personally I don't even know why I am even bothering to write this when I know its a waste of time, but I thought it was time I, at least, said what many other are thinking but can't be bothered getting off their butts to complain about.

This complaint is for all the apathetic sleep walking population who may be about to wake up to what is actually happening. I am away to contemplate whether to spend a weekend holiday with my 1% rise in Blackpool or have an extra scoop of beans on my toast. You might suspect I am not in favour of this decision but you know what just go ahead and give them it as it might at least get a few more folks to awake from their slumber and ask themselves what the f**k is going on here.

Yours disgusted yet again

several people
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Concerning similar issues, there's a petition here, still open for signing ...
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

This link (from the Torygraph!) shows the increasing discrepancy between the average UK household income and MPs' pay. It's a fucking disgrace.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
million voices
Slight Overbomber

When one looks back through History the price to be paid for Democracy is always high.
It does, however, usually appear more dignified than these grabbing bastards.
Well you must know something
'Cos we're dying of admiration here
Mastering obscure alternatives