Power Outage

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

Across the Eastern coast of USA and in Canada!!!

CorpPunk I hope you are doing ok....know you can't see this, but my thoughts are with you as I watch on telly the 20,000 ppl trying to get to Jersey on the ferries.

Stay safe Stay cool and come back and tell us of your adventure.

I know we have some Canadian members affected too....be safe my Cannuck friends!

Black Planet
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

Americans.... without electricity.....i hope they will be ok...

Paddy.
Still playing guitar - sometimes weird shaped ones.
Lynchfanatic
Fire Walking Owl

I saw that. Its crazy. But I find it scarry that people have to depend so much on electrisety. In the old days, it did not even exist.. But what about the hospitals?? Thats my concern. I didnt hear anything about that on the news, they just said that there was chaos at the hospitals. That was all they mentioned on that matter.. I hope this will end with no accidents.
myspace.com/lynchfanatic
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

Hospitals generally have to have backup generators..so they can at least keep going. It is very crazy and very scary...i am totally claustrophobic....I feel for those poor souls trapped in elevators!!

By now I'd be a raving lunatic if that happened to me!!

BP
hallucienate
Overbomber

worst of all my slsk downloads have stopped :(
dead stars
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Lynchfanatic wrote:I saw that. Its crazy. But I find it scarry that people have to depend so much on electrisety. In the old days, it did not even exist.. But what about the hospitals?? Thats my concern. I didnt hear anything about that on the news, they just said that there was chaos at the hospitals. That was all they mentioned on that matter.. I hope this will end with no accidents.
I've heard on the news hospitals and jails are the only places with electricity because they have generators.
hallucienate
Overbomber

yay, my downloads are starting again, I guess that means things are going again :?:
Jim
Slight Overbomber

hallucienate wrote:yay, my downloads are starting again, I guess that means things are going again :?:
*cough*geek*cough*

:wink:
"You do realize you're talking to a man with a human head in his hands who has every intention of using it to beat these people to death?"
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

If American don't have electricity, how will they open tin cans to eat? How will they shave? Open the curtains? Wash? Goodness, this could be a tragedy. They could all end up being pasty, scruffy, and smelly, just like us Brits. Surely this could all be cleared up by someone with his pants on outside of his trousers?
Chris

---------------------------------------------
Again and again and again...
Jim
Slight Overbomber

MrChris wrote: Surely this could all be cleared up by someone with his pants on outside of his trousers?
Why involve Quiffy in all of this?
"You do realize you're talking to a man with a human head in his hands who has every intention of using it to beat these people to death?"
Master Margarita
Amphetamine Filth

MrChris wrote:If American don't have electricity, how will they open tin cans to eat? How will they shave? Open the curtains? Wash? Goodness, this could be a tragedy. They could all end up being pasty, scruffy, and smelly, just like us Brits. Surely this could all be cleared up by someone with his pants on outside of his trousers?
Pathetic, isn't it? The bloody cowards all sh@t themsleves apparently. Oooh we're scared it might be terrorists, oooh we're scared of dying. Maggots, the lot of them. But then again, I expect little more of a nation whose greatest contribution to the world is the hot dog.
When was the last time you cut the catwalk caviar?
hallucienate
Overbomber

Jim wrote:
hallucienate wrote:yay, my downloads are starting again, I guess that means things are going again :?:
*cough*geek*cough*

:wink:
You're just in denial, flash-boy.

If more than 2 billion other people the world over live without electricity their entire lives, what's the big deal about 50 million americans losing out for a night?
Jim
Slight Overbomber

Master Margarita wrote:
MrChris wrote:If American don't have electricity, how will they open tin cans to eat? How will they shave? Open the curtains? Wash? Goodness, this could be a tragedy. They could all end up being pasty, scruffy, and smelly, just like us Brits. Surely this could all be cleared up by someone with his pants on outside of his trousers?
Pathetic, isn't it? The bloody cowards all sh@t themsleves apparently. Oooh we're scared it might be terrorists, oooh we're scared of dying. Maggots, the lot of them. But then again, I expect little more of a nation whose greatest contribution to the world is the hot dog.
Yeah, but dammit, what a great contribution.
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

American Bashing

I didn't come here to listen to any of you bash my country. Nor did I come here to bash brits and europeans. I came here because I love Andrew.

Thanks for letting me know how you really feel ....
mh
Above the Chemist

Master Margarita wrote:
Hey, no knocking the hot dogs!
Big Si
School Bully

Black Planet wrote:American Bashing

I didn't come here to listen to any of you bash my country. Nor did I come here to bash brits and europeans. I came here because I love Andrew.

It's all about ;D

So just ignore them hen.
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Jim
Slight Overbomber

Black Planet wrote:American Bashing

Hey Planet, no-ones really having a go. It's all a bit of fun - we'll be slagging off the french next ;-)
Master Margarita
Amphetamine Filth

Planet, baby, some of my best grooming products come from your side of the pond. So it ain't all bad.
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

Master Margarita wrote:Planet, baby, some of my best grooming products come from your side of the pond. So it ain't all bad.
You mean you really wear all that stuff you said you wore? Hmmm...

Sorry I get a bit overly sensitive sometimes.. and as JohnnyBoy knows, I am a bit slow with the british sense of humor :?
Loki
God of Mischief and Discord

Master Margarita wrote:a nation whose greatest contribution to the world is the hot dog.
Hot dog ...between two bits of bread ...isn't that a Korean delicacy? :urff:
Loki was never worshiped as the other Gods,
Which is quite understandable.
Loki
God of Mischief and Discord

Black Planet wrote:... and as JohnnyBoy knows, I am a bit slow with the british sense of humor :?
You weren't being slow ...they were being abusive! :twisted: :wink:
Loki was never worshiped as the other Gods,
Which is quite understandable.
Master Margarita
Amphetamine Filth

Not the white T-shirt. That came from Barneys, but there was too much NY in there already. And the second hand stuff up Melrose is very good. As is the Kiehl's store on third ave. Next time you are there, ask to talk to Lavender. She won't let you leave without a good selection of samples. And, in any event, don't leave without a tube of kiehl's lip balm spf 15 or ultra facial moisturizer.

Thanks for the good wishes, Planet.

I didn't get out of the city until early this morning, and I couldn't even get near the docks to Jersey, so I'm now about 50 miles from home--with no prospect of getting back anytime soon--and wearing someone else's clothes. Thank god for the kindness of friends.
Jim
Slight Overbomber

Is it really as bad as it sounds. It's really hard to tell when you're stuck in the middle of West Yorkshire...
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

CorpPunk wrote:Thanks for the good wishes, Planet.

I didn't get out of the city until early this morning, and I couldn't even get near the docks to Jersey, so I'm now about 50 miles from home--with no prospect of getting back anytime soon--and wearing someone else's clothes. Thank god for the kindness of friends.
Whoa, CorpPunk, that blows! Good luck, and get home safely... :( :kiss:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry: