17.05.2014 Prague Archa Theatre

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2014
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Sitting with a big chunk of Schwarzwald cake in the gloriously kitsch city hall cafe right now coming down from last night ;D Some more tourism to be done in the rain today before heading back home.

Great gig and good to see some familiar faces made it! Towards the end everyone really got into it, though at first the audience was a bit slow to catch up. Especially loved Kiss the carpet and miserlou was a whole lot of fun too!

See you in Brussels :von:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Schwarzwald Torte :D :lol:
in dub we trust
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

It's the only way K 8)
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
panzerfaust
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

honestly, the concert was a f**king disgrace. the way those two guitarists raped Flood2..disgrace.

amphetamine logic was a nice surprise. so was blood money. eldritch losing voice around the middle of the set. occasionally retrieving it back. best sounding was Vision Thing. that was like a standard volume. otherwise the volume was form poor to sub-standard. i wouldnt be so surprised if they werent boasting about making it up for the last time 2009 where the sound was terrible, eldritch couldnt be heard and it was generally silent as hell. i mean why make a press statement that this time its gonna be loud and then not deliver? f**k YOU. the concert itself even the setlist wasnt that bad. but the volume issue, that is just pure p*ss on the fandom heads. and even worse, shwo during one song (vision thing) that you can actually make it a bit louder, and then drop it again.

two instrumental songs, does he really have to smoke that much? oh no, he just couldnt sing anymore in the middle of the main set.

man those chris vocals in flood2, i felt like i should stab him right through the neck, idiot c**t with such a lame unoriginalsounding vocal.

what can i say? i final rip-off for me. i knew it might be likje that, but hey i do it for andrew. im glad to give him my money. and also to buy some merch. mugs? lol.

people were leaving during the concert. shame. on the band.

actually im glad they skipped dominion.

one thing tho: eldritch seemed genuinely happy in the end. waved kisses to the audience. im glad for that.
panzerfaust

honestly, when those two hired dickheads started to play the pulp fiction song i felt really ashamed for everyone in the room. like there wasnt enough remakes of that in last ten yrs. for gods sake.
panzerfaust

and ben is such a poser i couldnt believe it, its getting worse with the years actually...
centurionofprix
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

panzerfaust wrote:honestly, when those two hired dickheads started to play the pulp fiction song i felt really ashamed for everyone in the room. like there wasnt enough remakes of that in last ten yrs. for gods sake.
yeah, it's like when are we gonna get some really original covers like Ghostrider, KOHD and Louie Louie?

makes u think...
ww23
Road Kill

I seriously don't understand why people must get their not very interesting hate opinion out everywhere, be it on blabbermouth or here in this forum; writing in expletives ('c**nt') and being generally rude and wanting to stab people in the neck.
is this your stuck in the 80ies Goth fantasy?
open up and be an open mind, you must surely have an easy life when things like that bother you...
playboy

panzerfaust wrote:and ben is such a poser i couldnt believe it, its getting worse with the years actually...
And people are giving That Guitarist a hard time...... come on... I miss him now!
playboy

panzerfaust wrote:honestly, the concert was a f**king disgrace. the way those two guitarists raped Flood2..disgrace.

amphetamine logic was a nice surprise. so was blood money. eldritch losing voice around the middle of the set. occasionally retrieving it back. best sounding was Vision Thing. that was like a standard volume. otherwise the volume was form poor to sub-standard. i wouldnt be so surprised if they werent boasting about making it up for the last time 2009 where the sound was terrible, eldritch couldnt be heard and it was generally silent as hell. i mean why make a press statement that this time its gonna be loud and then not deliver? f**k YOU. the concert itself even the setlist wasnt that bad. but the volume issue, that is just pure p*ss on the fandom heads. and even worse, shwo during one song (vision thing) that you can actually make it a bit louder, and then drop it again.

two instrumental songs, does he really have to smoke that much? oh no, he just couldnt sing anymore in the middle of the main set.

man those chris vocals in flood2, i felt like i should stab him right through the neck, idiot c**t with such a lame unoriginalsounding vocal.

what can i say? i final rip-off for me. i knew it might be likje that, but hey i do it for andrew. im glad to give him my money. and also to buy some merch. mugs? lol.

people were leaving during the concert. shame. on the band.

actually im glad they skipped dominion.

one thing tho: eldritch seemed genuinely happy in the end. waved kisses to the audience. im glad for that.
I would like to know if Andrew are telling the mixerguy to do the worst job he can soundwise. I don´t get it, they have been sounding this crap for years now. Why??
playboy

panzerfaust wrote:honestly, when those two hired dickheads started to play the pulp fiction song i felt really ashamed for everyone in the room. like there wasnt enough remakes of that in last ten yrs. for gods sake.
Agree. That is NOT The Sister Of Mercy I used to love. It reminded me when they did Bowies, John I'm Only Dancing a few years ago, with Chris on leadvocals (!). What a mickey mouse version of Sisters that have become.
playboy

ww23 wrote:I seriously don't understand why people must get their not very interesting hate opinion out everywhere, be it on blabbermouth or here in this forum; writing in expletives ('c**nt') and being generally rude and wanting to stab people in the neck.
open up and be an open mind, you must surely have an easy life when things like that bother you...
I can only speak for myself but for me it has got nothing to do with 80:s or goth. It has to do with a good show and a good performance. I simply don´t think the do a good job anymore. What bother me is paying a lot of money and travel a long way to see and hear a band and most of the time I cannot either see or hear Andrew......
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Just because: ;D
Goths have feelings too
mh
Above the Chemist

The band's current sound is obviously difficult to translate to a live scenario. I obviously don't know the precise technical details, but this is something that's plagued them since even the early days. Have a listen to some of those 1982/83 bootlegs again. With the Doktor handling bass too I can only imagine that finding a good sonic balance is even harder.

Like I guess most of us I've seen plenty of gigs where the sound didn't work out well; Echo and the Bunnymen shows where we got a wall of mud, a Spiritualized show where it was like someone kicking a shopping trolley down a fire-escape, a Buzzcocks show where it was like being inside an infinity of bubble-wrap all being popped at the same time, Hope Sandoval blowing the PA (!!!)

I've also seen Sisters gigs where the sound was Just Fine.

The point is: this stuff happens. Much of it is down to the venue and the PA, and the Sisters sound is just that bit more sensitive to variations than most. No band wants to deliberately inflict bad sound on their customers, and it just seems easier to believe that they're doing their best with what they've got.
Last edited by mh on 19 May 2014, 15:43, edited 1 time in total.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

yes, because they (we) can. but i hope it's not a club of blind and deaf followers, if something is not right, then is not right. language matters same as form. but the best way is to be fair.
Tomas
Road Kill

Does anyone more videos from Prague,please?Thank you.
panzerfaust

ww23 wrote:I seriously don't understand why people must get their not very interesting hate opinion out everywhere, be it on blabbermouth or here in this forum; writing in expletives ('c**nt') and being generally rude and wanting to stab people in the neck.
lol. keep on living in your idealistic world.

i payed almost 40 euros and i wanted something in reward. all i got was a bucketload of pisstake.

its 2014 not 1982, so how come doctor avalanche beats sound like a 1hour work of a random teenager in fruitly loops . hmm?
panzerfaust

Tomas
Road Kill

Thank you.
panzerfaust

yw. enjoy Flood 2 and the whole sisters revival.

highlights of the show were Amphetamine logic and Vision Thing.
MrBlonde
Amphetamine Filth

Recorded with a Panasonic Lumix:

Valentine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEB0gbiTItA

Top Nite Out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feyKnr26EbI[/url]
Victim of Circumstance
Slight Overbomber

Great videos, thanks :notworthy:
Kommt Zeit,
kommt Rat,
kommt Attentat.
H. Blackrose

panzerfaust wrote:
Chris Catalyst on twitter wrote: Chris Catalyst ‏@ChrisCatalyst 8h

Internet hard man on one of the Sisters forums wants to stab me in the neck because of my backing vocals. Cheers internet hard man.

11:45 PM - 20 May 2014 · Details
"We're Hawkwind and this is a song about love."