Sisters of Murphy/Rhombus - Leeds Oct 11th

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Ed Rhombus
Slight Overbomber

Royal Park Cellars
Saturday 11th October

As luck would have it I still have the photos, and therefore Paddy has let us on the bill.

The last time he was conned into playing with us we almost comatosed 60% of his band in the after gig hotel drinking shenanigans.

Any how I don't need to tell you how good the Smurphs are, as you already know. Even Bono says they're better than the real thing

MP3s of Rhombus available on the link provided below
Ed Rhombus

There for you (weather permiting)

www.rhombus-rock.com
https://www.facebook.com/rhombus.uk
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

:)

I look forward this one greatly!!! there is nothing better than gigging with friends, and making new ones Mr Keys :)

Might be a bit of an anticlimax though Ed as there is no hotel for us to almost get thrown out of....... ;)

Seriousy though, cant wait :)
Paddy.
Still playing guitar - sometimes weird shaped ones.
Ed Rhombus
Slight Overbomber

Hmm

Have to think of other rock and roll things to do then
Last edited by Ed Rhombus on 02 Sep 2003, 20:15, edited 1 time in total.
Ed Rhombus

www.rhombus-rock.com
Zuma
Slight Overbomber

Right!

Got to make it to this one guys, it's not like there is not enough notice.

Off to get the MP3's now Mr Rhombus.
Todays sarcasm is tomorrow's news
Ed Rhombus
Slight Overbomber

Nice one mate!

Should be a good night.

We're trying to get Ben Rhombus (Original chain smoking, pith helmet, wearing lead guitarist) to guest with us
Ed Rhombus

www.rhombus-rock.com
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

That would be cool....

Umm i think we should let this thread slide down till a little nearere the event...

Then it might just get sticky :)

Paddy.
Zuma
Slight Overbomber

OK, it's in the diary....!
Dan
Overbomber

Zuma wrote:OK, it's in the diary....!
Ditto.
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

Dan!
Good to hear from you m8, thought you had dissapeared!

Paddy.
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

Ed Rhombus wrote:
We're trying to get Ben Rhombus (Original chain smoking, pith helmet, wearing lead guitarist) to guest with us
For the love of God Ed, don't let him bring the Pimms :urff: :urff:
Only a paand.
Ed Rhombus
Slight Overbomber

Pimms and hippies don't mix I see
Ed Rhombus

www.rhombus-rock.com
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

Well, i've been thinking about this and I think that it had nothing to do with the Pims, but all that hippy green sh*t that he put in it!!!!! Thus eleminating my from any hippy jibe :D
Only a paand.
karin
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Oct 11th is the same day Killing Joke play The Astoria... Hmmm... Smurphs or Killing Joke ? Smurphs or Killing Joke..This is a "Daddy or chips ?" moment. :D
Zwei bier bitte.....
Dan
Overbomber

karin wrote:Oct 11th is the same day Killing Joke play The Astoria... Hmmm... Smurphs or Killing Joke ? Smurphs or Killing Joke..This is a "Daddy or chips ?" moment. :D
Except it's LONDON Astoria. There haven't been any bands playing at Leeds Astoria for years.
karin
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Actually I didn't know there was an Astoria in Leeds :oops: already got me Killing Joke tix and everthing...just 'avin a larf.. :kiss: :)
Zwei bier bitte.....
Dan
Overbomber

karin wrote:Actually I didn't know there was an Astoria in Leeds :oops: already got me Killing Joke tix and everthing...just 'avin a larf.. :kiss: :)
Yeh, I saw a few good bands at Leeds Astoria. (consults list I kept of all the gigs I went to :oops: ) Salvation (supporting Danielle Dax), Psycho Surgeons + Salvation (anti-poll tax gig), Tanita Tikaram, Another Cuba + Dawn After Dark, The Vaynes + Salvation.
JansenClone
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Dan wrote:
karin wrote:Actually I didn't know there was an Astoria in Leeds :oops: already got me Killing Joke tix and everthing...just 'avin a larf.. :kiss: :)
Yeh, I saw a few good bands at Leeds Astoria. (consults list I kept of all the gigs I went to :oops: ) Salvation (supporting Danielle Dax), Psycho Surgeons + Salvation (anti-poll tax gig), Tanita Tikaram, Another Cuba + Dawn After Dark, The Vaynes + Salvation.
Yeah I saw Salvation there at an all day sort of thing, which amuses Danny no end. Their snail pace reunion is still coming, if Ben stops nipping off to France every time they almost sort out some rehearsals. Watch this space for low key warm up gig announcements...
I am a Leeds United fan because I was very naughty in a previous life.
JansenClone

Which reminds me, I must remember to try and get tickets for the Leeds date tomorrow...
Dan
Overbomber

JansenClone wrote: Yeah I saw Salvation there at an all day sort of thing, which amuses Danny no end. Their snail pace reunion is still coming, if Ben stops nipping off to France every time they almost sort out some rehearsals. Watch this space for low key warm up gig announcements...
Any idea why (and when) they split up? I saw them loads of times at Leeds Duchess Of York in 1988/89, they always packed the place out (the only time I saw it more packed was when Crazyhead played there). I think the last time I saw them was supporting the Mish in March'90 then they just seemed to disappear.
JansenClone

Dan wrote:
JansenClone wrote: Yeah I saw Salvation there at an all day sort of thing, which amuses Danny no end. Their snail pace reunion is still coming, if Ben stops nipping off to France every time they almost sort out some rehearsals. Watch this space for low key warm up gig announcements...
Any idea why (and when) they split up? I saw them loads of times at Leeds Duchess Of York in 1988/89, they always packed the place out (the only time I saw it more packed was when Crazyhead played there). I think the last time I saw them was supporting the Mish in March'90 then they just seemed to disappear.
@ Dan: I checked with Danny. He left the band in 91 basically as he'd had enough (I deleted the post suggesting 'fall outs' as my assumption was wrong :oops: ) They got another singer and carried on for a while. Danny says he went to see them at the Haddon Hall (a sure sign of something fading!) in 92, but says the vocals were too 'pub rock' and it wasn't great. After that it ground to a natural death. BTW As Danny used to program the good Doctor for the early gigs, as well as recording them for the band, does that make him an honorary Sister?
Dan
Overbomber

JansenClone wrote: They got another singer and carried on for a while.
That's interesting. I had no clue they carried on with another singer. If I'd known I'd have gone to one of the gigs just out of curiosity if nothing else. In the late 80's/early 90's I went to a huge amount of gigs, and knew a lot of people who all used to go to the same bands as me, and nobody ever mentioned Salvation getting another singer. Someone would have mentioned it if they'd known about it. What sort of publicity must they have given it if someone in Leeds hadn't heard about it. (Tell Danny that, I'm sure he'll get a laugh out of it.)
Zuma
Slight Overbomber

Meanwhile, back on the subject....got at least a party of 4-6 coming along....need any guitar players or sound engineers, let me know :twisted:
Ed Rhombus
Slight Overbomber

Nice one

Let us know if you need a map or anything
Ed Rhombus

www.rhombus-rock.com
Zuma
Slight Overbomber

Found it last time by following Paddy, so should be fine... :twisted:
Carrie
Amphetamine Filth

...& Rhombus CDs & t-shirts are now available from www.rhombus-rock.com or at the gig...I'm badgering Ed to do a Heartlands members' discount, so hassle him on the Rhombus board to get 'em while they're hot!
Queen of the mean!