Shameless Plug for a good cause

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Hope it's ok to post this here.

For those looking for some tasty noms in Machester, please stop by any of Tampopo's locations. Not just because the noms are tasty (and they are exceedingly nom-worthy), but also because they're partnering with the Mines Advisory Group and some of their tasty noms include a donation to MAG's work in clearing unexploded ordnance (or UXO) from the kinds of places that I like to go on holiday. And I know how unhappy you'd all be if I stepped on something unpleasant.

Seriously though, folks - UXO is a humanitarian problem, but it's also an economic problem. If you've got land polluted by UXO you can't build homes, roads, schools, hospitals, or factories, you can't farm it, you can't make it work for you. So you're economically buggered. Laos enjoys the unenviable reputation as the most heavily bombed nation on earth - per capita, more bombs were dropped on it than were used by all of the combatants involved in WWII - 270 million pieces of cluster munitions. Problem with these little buggers is that they don't always go off right away - they sit in the ground, armed, for years, they lurk, waiting for someone to pick them up, maybe hit them with a plough, and whoops, one trouser-leg too many. Not very nice.

Anyway, here's a little bit of info about the partnership. Thanks! :D
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
Being645
Wiki Wizard

I wish there were such restaurants in Cologne. But no, only Manchester, Bristol and Reading. These meals look very tasty ... ;D ;D ;D ...

IMO, this is a very good idea for a cooperation! UXO are spread in many countries, killing and maiming innocent people
(often children or farmers), although the respective conflicts are long over.

At least, there's the Ottawa Treaty in effect since 1999 ... if only all countries had ratified it ... *sigh ...
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

There used to be a Tampopo in Leeds but it has closed now.

Very good cause IMO.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell