1982 Basement Demo (aka Alice Demo) wanted !!!

Have you established a good reputation at HL and got some Sisters stuff to sell or trade with the community? Or are you searching for that elusive ultra rare live bootleg from 1988? Ever had a bad experience with a trader on Ebay? Let us all know here. Outdated threads will be purged over time.

Warning: Newcomers posting here first will be treated like spammers. At least have the courtesy to say hello in General Chat first...
sathvyre
Road Kill

i am looking for the best available sources of the 3 songs from the february 1982 basement demo (1969, good things, alice) in lossless quality. are the versions on the keny giles bootleg the best ? if yes, please upload the songs in lossless, as i own an mp3 version of the compilation only. thank you very much !!!
robertzombie
Overbomber

Try Dimeadozen. There's a share on there with the best sources for lots of rarities, 81-86. IIRC, it uses Kenny Giles Walks as the source. Personally, I don't like the sound of that bootleg (too compressed), but I don't think I've heard any alternatives.
sathvyre
Road Kill

sorry, no dime or torrents and stuff, only direct links. i am to old(school) for that stuff...
Gaijin
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

That torrent is shared by a few users on Soulseek too.
"The lambs are dead and the cows explode"
sathvyre
Road Kill

i have the 3 cd compilation "demos and ouutakes 81-86" and it sounds nice...but the alice-demo (3 songs) is not included there. i managed to get a lossless copy from the "kenny giles walks on water" and did some EQing and speed correction to add them to the 3 cd.
Gaijin

Well then that's as good as it gets - the tracks on the torrent are sourced from the same CD.

Please let us hear your results, if you've improved on them that would be very useful for some of us ;)
sathvyre
Road Kill

i only tried to improve the horrible quality of the three "alice" demotracks (i added to the compilation). the stuff on the 3 cd box was great. i had to fix some azimuth problems here and there and restored peaks and amplitudes of the third disc, that's all.
is there any better version available from the "alice" demo ???
Gaijin

It's those 3 tracks to which I refer.

There are no better versions AFAIK
sathvyre
Road Kill

i will upload my speed-corrected and reEQed versions later. sounds slightly better, compared to the kenny giles bootleg.
Gaijin

I've speed corrected them too - but know diddly about EQ.
sathvyre
Road Kill

with the eq i tried to lower the hiss and make more music audible by boosting some of the upper mid range. sure, it will always sound bad, but i think i did the best possible job, considering the crappy sources...
link will follow soon.
sathvyre
Road Kill

Gaijin

Velen dank.
Gaijin

My old thread about the assumed dates for these demos is here: https://www.myheartland.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=24571