Sisters spotting

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Post Reply
User avatar
Pista
Cureboi
Posts: 14126
Joined: 25 Jun 2006, 15:03
Location: Lost In A Forest
Contact:

Have you come across the Sisters in your daily lives?
On a supermarket playlist, the radio, the telly or elsewhere?
Go for it...

Watching an old episode of Spooks at the mo (Series 7, Episode 8)
They are hunting a Russian op called Rain From Heaven & trying to find out what Finland Red, Egypt White means.

Every time Harry says, "Does Rain From Heaven mean anything to you?" I yell at the telly :)
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days
TheCureCommunity
User avatar
Joy
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 636
Joined: 10 Oct 2013, 18:50

An old series repeated a few weeks ago. The title of the series was Kisváros (Small town). This episode was about catching some teenagers in a party..they were having drugs and were dancing. ..and the punchline was that they were dancing on Sisters (Temple Of Love). :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hilarious!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzYJpXapzP4
"Music is there to enrich your life and make you aware of things in a slightly different way."
User avatar
Pista
Cureboi
Posts: 14126
Joined: 25 Jun 2006, 15:03
Location: Lost In A Forest
Contact:

Joy wrote:An old series repeated a few weeks ago. The title of the series was Kisváros (Small town). This episode was about catching some teenagers in a party..they were having drugs and were dancing. ..and the punchline was that they were dancing on Sisters (Temple Of Love). :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hilarious!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzYJpXapzP4
Probably they are stoned. :lol: :notworthy:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days
TheCureCommunity
Durly
Road Kill
Posts: 39
Joined: 11 Mar 2015, 13:09

Pista wrote:Have you come across the Sisters in your daily lives?
On a supermarket playlist, the radio, the telly or elsewhere?
Go for it...

Watching an old episode of Spooks at the mo (Series 7, Episode 8)
They are hunting a Russian op called Rain From Heaven & trying to find out what Finland Red, Egypt White means.

Every time Harry says, "Does Rain From Heaven mean anything to you?" I yell at the telly :)
I'm a big Spooks fan and remember watching this when it was first shown. I chuckled all the way through. At least 4 or 5 references directly from The Sisterhood 'Gift' album in that episode. I imagined some black clad, 40 something scriptwriter beavering away in his study, laughing at the obscure references that only us old goths would get.
aVoX
Road Kill
Posts: 81
Joined: 04 May 2013, 20:09
Location: between the devil and the deep blue sea

I heard "Dominion/Mother Russia" on the radio station "Liberty Rock" in GTA IV. Too bad it fades out after 5 minutes, before it can unleash the rampant Mother Russia.
User avatar
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1870
Joined: 29 Sep 2004, 12:41
Location: Leeds
Contact:

I had A Huge Case Of Overmixing Vol 1 on today in my car - does that count..? :lol:
Four strings good, six strings bad
User avatar
feargel
Road Kill
Posts: 12
Joined: 16 Mar 2004, 14:40
Location: Mönchengladbach, Germany

On German-Radio WDR2 you could choose every song you want on Monday. They called it "Freispiel" and at nr. 83 they played Temple of love - The Sisters Of Mercy /Ofra Haza :-)

http://www.wdr2.de/musik/playlist/freis ... t-100.html
User avatar
Jeremiah
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 344
Joined: 06 Apr 2007, 15:13
Location: Another place where I'll never be seen

Well, almost.

my phone rings unexpectedly…"hello this is Mr Eldritch here, I believe you know who I am" :eek: :eek:

Actually, it was Mr Eldridge from Milton Keynes (and no I didn't know who he was) but it woke me up for an hour or so.

:lol: :lol:
I tried to tell her
About Marx and Eldritch, God and angels
I don't really know what for.
User avatar
EvilBastard
Overbomber
Posts: 3823
Joined: 01 Feb 2006, 17:48
Location: Where the Ruined Tower shouts

My sister used to help out at a pony-trekking centre in the late 80s. There was a really mean horse there who insisted on being fed any time they wanted to take him out or do anything with him.

On the door of his stable someone (probably one of the other kids who worked there) had scrawled "Hay, now. Hay, now now," in chalk. Took me a while to work out why...
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
User avatar
Pista
Cureboi
Posts: 14126
Joined: 25 Jun 2006, 15:03
Location: Lost In A Forest
Contact:

EvilBastard wrote:My sister used to help out at a pony-trekking centre in the late 80s. There was a really mean horse there who insisted on being fed any time they wanted to take him out or do anything with him.

On the door of his stable someone (probably one of the other kids who worked there) had scrawled "Hay, now. Hay, now now," in chalk. Took me a while to work out why...
:lol: :notworthy:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days
TheCureCommunity
User avatar
Phil
Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 141
Joined: 06 Jun 2014, 13:18
Location: Eden

I recall watching an edition of Big Brother on Channel 4 about ten years ago, perhaps more, and there was a girl on it called Alice. Anyway, someone shouted for "ALICE!" and another contestant who was sitting having a fag shouted "DON'T GIVE IT AWAY!"

Which certainly lightened up an otherwise tedious program.
D'you see
Wise words
Wild words
D'you see
User avatar
radiojamaica
Overbomber
Posts: 4852
Joined: 11 Apr 2005, 16:51
Location: Tower of Bass

2 days ago I was in a store here in my town when Temple of Love 1992 came on... Always puts that certain smile on my face :D
in dub we trust
User avatar
VonII
Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 113
Joined: 18 Dec 2010, 20:57
Location: Belgiumland

Twice a year I stumble across the occasional Temple of Love on the belgian StuBru radio. And just last night a nice fellow came in the bar I work at, wearing a '06 sisters shirt, while I had a 2010 tour shirt on, made for some smiles en giggles :D
I do not necessarily agree with everything I think. -AE
User avatar
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator
Posts: 15819
Joined: 25 Jan 2002, 00:00
Location: Lurking
Contact:

No quite Sisters-spotting, but....

I went to Manchester Punk Festival this weekend and say at least a dozen people wearing various items of St Pauli merch (tees, hoodies, caps), including me 8)

I was wearing this on the Friday night: http://www.fcsp-shop.com/Collection/You ... II::5.html

And then this on the Saturday: http://www.fcsp-shop.com/MAN/T-shirt-Ge ... s::15.html
the cake is a lie
the cake is a lie
the cake is a lie
the cake is a lie
User avatar
robm
Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 106
Joined: 27 May 2006, 22:31

http://noisey.vice.com/blog/them-are-us-too

"I like spent all day bleaching my hair and making a playlist of Sisters of Mercy and Cocteau Twins."
User avatar
Pista
Cureboi
Posts: 14126
Joined: 25 Jun 2006, 15:03
Location: Lost In A Forest
Contact:

Just saw this on BBC6 Music's twitter feed
Image
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days
TheCureCommunity
User avatar
markfiend
goriller of form 3b
Posts: 20335
Joined: 11 Nov 2003, 10:55
Location: st custards
Contact:

I once made an utter fool of myself getting over-excited to see Wayne Hussbag in the Faversham (pub in Leeds on the edge of the University campus).

I was, of course, very very drunk.

Image
advanced, forthright, signifficant
User avatar
Drsisters
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 619
Joined: 26 Jan 2002, 00:00
Location: Europe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=834qY1GlCpc

one of the guys in the bar is quite familiar :D
Andrew Eldritch Dour Festival 1997: Yeah, We take any request... As much as we ever do.
User avatar
Joy
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 636
Joined: 10 Oct 2013, 18:50

Drsisters wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=834qY1GlCpc

one of the guys in the bar is quite familiar :D
!!! Wow!! :eek: ;D :twisted:
"Music is there to enrich your life and make you aware of things in a slightly different way."
User avatar
splintered thing
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 747
Joined: 21 Jan 2007, 01:34
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

OMG - you have just completed a 22 year quest for me!!
I remember seeing this via an obscure video that was sent to me in about 1993/4. The video tape got all manky and died - I couldn't remember what the song was, and I never saw it again!! Thank you!! There is a tiny bit of my brain that can now be at peace.
as the day is long,
rain from heaven
User avatar
mh
Underneath the Rock
Posts: 7465
Joined: 23 Jun 2003, 14:41
Location: A civilized European city

I think we better have Eddie Jordan again!

Image
Trigonometry. It's a sin.
User avatar
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1870
Joined: 29 Sep 2004, 12:41
Location: Leeds
Contact:

Quiff Boy wrote:I was wearing this on the Friday night: http://www.fcsp-shop.com/Collection/You ... II::5.html
I gots me that, too (as per my FB photo). I've also got the glow-in-the-dark skull and crossbones - highly recommended!
Four strings good, six strings bad
User avatar
Silver_Owl
The Don
Posts: 7361
Joined: 27 Sep 2003, 18:52

Norman Hunter wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:I was wearing this on the Friday night: http://www.fcsp-shop.com/Collection/You ... II::5.html
I gots me that, too (as per my FB photo). I've also got the glow-in-the-dark skull and crossbones - highly recommended!
Shame they're propping up the table at the mo. :(
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
User avatar
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1870
Joined: 29 Sep 2004, 12:41
Location: Leeds
Contact:

Hom_Corleone wrote:Shame they're propping up the table at the mo. :(
As a Leeds fan, football and disappointment go hand-in-hand.
Four strings good, six strings bad
User avatar
Silver_Owl
The Don
Posts: 7361
Joined: 27 Sep 2003, 18:52

Norman Hunter wrote:
Hom_Corleone wrote:Shame they're propping up the table at the mo. :(
As a Leeds fan, football and disappointment go hand-in-hand.
As a Derby fan I feel your pain brother. :|
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Post Reply