Sisters spotting

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Pista
Cureboi

:lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Swinnow
Overbomber

I'm getting John Cooper Clark
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
Wilkstein
Road Kill

ToL '92 was played at halftime during the Union Berlin vs Bayern Munich game earlier on.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Swinnow wrote: 29 Oct 2021, 17:47 I'm getting John Cooper Clark
paul weller with a perm
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

alanm wrote: 28 Oct 2021, 11:03 It's from back in July, and it's another "reacts" YT vid thing, but I thought this reviewer had some interesting "outsider" views on the track (TOL 1992):

for a mainstream artist who hasnt heard the band before (hasnt even heard a drum machine used well before) i think shes pretty fair. i would argue that anyone reacting to this version should listen to the original as well. just because. and if thats her 'dont mind it' face well....nuff said
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
mh
Above the Chemist

The Gun Club, live 1984, two tracks with Patricia on vocals.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Pista
Cureboi

Wow!

& the chap who requested it. Stuart Braithwaite from Mogwai
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Pista
Cureboi

Fred from Portlandia has an Utterly Bastard Groovy shirt
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
ruffers
Overbomber

After Sleaford Mods had left the stage tonight at Printworks we got the first few bars of Kiss The Carpet..

Sounded good.
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
Husek
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

If it isn't that soundcheck tune again huh:
Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
alanm
Amphetamine Filth

Sisters hit the catwalk again.

Von did not approve. The designer explains it in allcaps:
THE PERFECT BALANCE OF VIRTUOUSNESS AND CHEERFUL DEGENERACY HAS ALWAYS BEEN MY HOLY GRAIL; THE DEGENERACY HERE ENHANCED BY THE SISTERS OF MERCY’S DRONING ‘LIGHTS’, AN ANTHEM I PLAYED OVER AND OVER IN MY MISSPENT YOUTH. I REACHED OUT TO ANDREW ELDRITCH ABOUT REMIXING THIS SONG, BUT HE PREFERRED I CHOOSE ANOTHER AS HE HAD NEVER BEEN HAPPY WITH THE PRODUCTION RELEASED. I TOTALLY UNDERSTOOD — I DON’T KNOW IF THE IMAGE I WILL LEAVE BEHIND IS EXACTLY WHAT I PLANNED. BUT I THINK PEOPLE TRUST A CREATIVE EXPRESSION AT ITS MOST RAW AND SINCERE STATE AND RETAIN AND CHERISH IT. I HOPE HE WILL FORGIVE MY FINAL LIBERTY OF USING IT, IF NOT I WILL REPLACE FOR FURTHER RELEASE AND TRY TO FIND SOMETHING WITH THE SAME MYSTICAL URGENCY.

BECAUSE DOESN’T EVERY GUY WANNA BE REMEMBERED AS A HEROIC WIZARD STANDING ON A CLIFF HOLDING A TORCH?
PS: Interestingly, the "official" YT videos have some other muzak dubbed over the show, presumably to avoid some or other litigation?

PPS: SUBHUMAN - INHUMAN - SUPERHUMAN
Do you remember a time when angels... do you remember a time when fear?
In the days when I was stronger, in the days when you were here?
Dan
Overbomber

alanm wrote: 21 Jan 2022, 13:20 Sisters hit the catwalk again.
PS: Interestingly, the "official" YT videos have some other muzak dubbed over the show, presumably to avoid some or other litigation?
You mean that link you posted or some other? I clicked it and it has an extended version of Lights for me.
Being645
Above the Chemist

THE PERFECT BALANCE OF VIRTUOUSNESS AND CHEERFUL DEGENERACY HAS ALWAYS BEEN MY HOLY GRAIL; THE DEGENERACY HERE ENHANCED BY THE SISTERS OF MERCY’S DRONING ‘LIGHTS’, AN ANTHEM I PLAYED OVER AND OVER IN MY MISSPENT YOUTH. I REACHED OUT TO ANDREW ELDRITCH ABOUT REMIXING THIS SONG, BUT HE PREFERRED I CHOOSE ANOTHER AS HE HAD NEVER BEEN HAPPY WITH THE PRODUCTION RELEASED. I TOTALLY UNDERSTOOD — I DON’T KNOW IF THE IMAGE I WILL LEAVE BEHIND IS EXACTLY WHAT I PLANNED. BUT I THINK PEOPLE TRUST A CREATIVE EXPRESSION AT ITS MOST RAW AND SINCERE STATE AND RETAIN AND CHERISH IT. I HOPE HE WILL FORGIVE MY FINAL LIBERTY OF USING IT, IF NOT I WILL REPLACE FOR FURTHER RELEASE AND TRY TO FIND SOMETHING WITH THE SAME MYSTICAL URGENCY.

BECAUSE DOESN’T EVERY GUY WANNA BE REMEMBERED AS A HEROIC WIZARD STANDING ON A CLIFF HOLDING A TORCH?

Fortunately, your link gives the live version of the fashion show with Lights.
Surely not my kind of daywear, but there's clearly some deep love and sadness in this collection.
Can't imagine any song suit better for this show.
Dan
Overbomber

"AS HE HAD NEVER BEEN HAPPY WITH THE PRODUCTION RELEASED" is baffling... Reptile House EP is the best thing he's ever done. IMO obviously.
Icon
Amphetamine Filth

Being645 wrote: 22 Jan 2022, 16:14

Fortunately, your link gives the live version of the fashion show with Lights.
Surely not my kind of daywear, but there's clearly some deep love and sadness in this collection.
Can't imagine any song suit better for this show.
Obviously it‘s not you kind of daywear, since it‘s a men‘s collection. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Maybe we should ask the boys around here. :innocent:
I do find the guys with a lightbulb on their heads to make quite a statement. :lol:
iesus
Overbomber

Those who have read the PmNiBaG will understand where it is mentioned.
Behold the first voice heard from Sisters in the very first live gig!
Chris Bray aka Frater Marabas that his White Witch Ceremony was played in tape as intro to Teachers

;D :innocent: :notworthy:

*-Pages 65-66 of MA's book :notworthy: :bat: :bat:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
alanm
Amphetamine Filth

Dan wrote: 22 Jan 2022, 15:35 You mean that link you posted or some other? I clicked it and it has an extended version of Lights for me.
I dug around and found the VOD with the original sound track, didn't think to link to the others.
Here's an example of a dubbed one.
And here with something different again.
Do you remember a time when angels... do you remember a time when fear?
In the days when I was stronger, in the days when you were here?
czuczu
Overbomber

WTAF is this? Slightly off brand!
LyanvisAberrant
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Dan wrote: 22 Jan 2022, 16:48 "AS HE HAD NEVER BEEN HAPPY WITH THE PRODUCTION RELEASED" is baffling... Reptile House EP is the best thing he's ever done. IMO obviously.
Interesting to note, also, that reptile house is (to my understanding) the record he had most sonic and tonal control over.
I agree, my favourite of the things sisters have made.
A man with a fictitious grin pondered the terrain in which he flooded with anguish, for this is England. The lion cannot be tamed, this is the game.
ruffers
Overbomber

czuczu wrote: 03 Feb 2022, 09:42 Image

I want this poster
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
czuczu
Overbomber

ruffers wrote: 04 Feb 2022, 22:45

I want this poster
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/THE-SISTERS- ... 632-2357-0

;)
sultan2075
Overbomber

czuczu wrote: 05 Feb 2022, 09:58
ruffers wrote: 04 Feb 2022, 22:45

I want this poster
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/THE-SISTERS- ... 632-2357-0

;)
This must be what he means when says they were marketed poorly in the States. That is just unbelievably bad, on every imaginable level. I cannot imagine the thought process that led to this. No wonder he went on strike.
Last edited by sultan2075 on 06 Feb 2022, 18:26, edited 1 time in total.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

I can. Von says 'NO obviously gothic or predictable marketing please' and some Elektra exec or marketing gibbon, who Von has kept busy all afternoon trying (and likely failing) to get through to, goes 'right then you c*&%, no problem'. And thus a masterpiece is born. A masterpiece, but not one I'll be bidding on ;D
Last edited by Planet Dave on 06 Feb 2022, 18:27, edited 1 time in total.
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
sultan2075
Overbomber

Hah, yeah, that's eminently plausible :-)
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Being645
Above the Chemist

The best explanation I've heard so far ... :) ... also, wasn't this published around the time of that Nirvana album, so the motive for the second picture was not all that far away...