This PPI malarkey - advice needed . NOT SPAM

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

Has anyone actually used a reputable source for claiming ? I'm tempted to give it a go but I don't want to get caught out by fraudsters .
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
Johnny Rev 7.0
Banned

From memory, I'm pretty sure markfiend got a result. Maybe PM him? Or wait for a thread response.
What a season
to be beautiful
without a reason
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

Done a little research and because I went through bankruptcy 11 years ago I am in fact, entitled to nowt!

Thank you anyway.
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"

we fall to rise
Johnny Rev 7.0
Banned

Unlucky, but keep digging.

A guy I know down the pub here in Germany walked away from crippling unsecured debts after a divorce. He even managed to get all the CJ's annulled as he wasn't resident in the country when they were served.

I'm not in the slightest suggesting you move country, but there's always a way. Keep thinking. :kiss:
What a season
to be beautiful
without a reason
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

For what it's worth, I did get some cash back on a PPI*; I went directly to the bank, not through any of the claims management companies.

I used the free guide available from Martin Lewis here

Incidentally:
faq wrote:I've had a debt management plan / IVA / been bankrupt, can I reclaim?

Yes, your finances now aren't relevant to whether you were mis-sold or not.
So you may actually still be able to claim.

* I can't remember exactly how much I got back but the PPI refund paid for mrsfiend and I to go to New York for a week.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

That's interesting because the faq on Citizens advice said that even if you are a discharged bankrupt any PPI settlement would still remain property of the state. I'll continue digging, thank you Mark.

we fall to rise
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Good luck.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
culprit
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I followed the martin lewis route, as markfiend.

I found old credit card statement with ppi shown as deducted.

I put a letter in with these copies and stated that it was never made clear to me that this was optional, and asked them to check my records.
(I had four different cards at that time)

One came back with an offer, which I accepted - think it was around £600.

Try it - it only costs a stamp.
...mmmmmmmmmMMMMMM!....