October 17: Manchester Ritz

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2015
User avatar
Silver_Owl
The Don
Posts: 7361
Joined: 27 Sep 2003, 18:52

:von:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
User avatar
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Jan 2009, 12:57
Location: Kirkby in Ashfield,England

Booked my hotel , bloody difficult to find one within staggering distance of the venue that isn't full, the Premier Inn I stayed at when T'Mishun played in May is full as is the posher Midalnd Hotel around the corner. Got in at the Ibis budget around from Oxford Road , budget being a relative term as it is costing me £105 quid. Bloody saturday nights .
"I’ve seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I’ve given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost




we fall to rise
SmileySister
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 453
Joined: 27 May 2015, 20:46

I'll definitely be at this one :D
User avatar
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed
Posts: 7773
Joined: 24 Mar 2005, 00:01
Location: above the chemist
Contact:

a bit out of my way with no car, and not a straightforward national express jobby....might have to wangle it on the train. two gigs isnt enough and i'm def not going down to the smoke. or auld reekie.
"nowadays everybody talks like they got something to say
but nothing comes out when they move their lips
-just a bunch of gibberish-
and everybody acts like they forgot about GARY MARX"

:bat:
User avatar
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Jan 2009, 12:57
Location: Kirkby in Ashfield,England

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:a bit out of my way with no car, and not a straightforward national express jobby....might have to wangle it on the train.
The venue is within spitting distance Of Oxford Road station but if you are going to stay in a hotel get it booked as soon as you can.
"I’ve seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I’ve given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost




we fall to rise
User avatar
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber
Posts: 2450
Joined: 04 Aug 2011, 23:35
Location: Scotland
Contact:

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: i'm def not going to auld reekie.
No need to as they're not playing Edinburgh! It's like getting a Nottingham and Leicester mixed up :twisted:
User avatar
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed
Posts: 7773
Joined: 24 Mar 2005, 00:01
Location: above the chemist
Contact:

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:
eastmidswhizzkid wrote: i'm def not going to auld reekie.
No need to as they're not playing Edinburgh! It's like getting a Nottingham and Leicester mixed up :twisted:
wouldnt bother me in the slightest....i'm used to people from other parts of the country who mostly hear "midlands" in "east midlands" and say "...birmingham?" ...so whatever the fuck...like people oop north who think everywhere below doncaster is "the south" and southerners who think the top part of the m25 is the north/south divide.
i'm sure my utter lack of jockish -or "scotch" if you will- "ken" is only matched by my completely not giving two fucks....it's hundreds of miles away and basically just some country that we steal oil from and use to park our nukes in, that doesnt really want to be owned by england but seems incapable of doing anything about it; where EVERYONE is called "Jimmy", eats deep-fried mars bars dipped in porridge and calls a skirt a kilt to deny its national cult of transvesticism. "ock aye the noo, Nessie!" :roll:
"nowadays everybody talks like they got something to say
but nothing comes out when they move their lips
-just a bunch of gibberish-
and everybody acts like they forgot about GARY MARX"

:bat:
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker
Posts: 4507
Joined: 11 Jul 2002, 01:00

when it's over, will i learn?

when i get my digs sorted, i'll share where you can get a nice place a few mins walk (i stay there a lot) for £87 - no panic on avaialbilty
Empathy is wasted by nice people
User avatar
Johnny Rev 7.0
Banned
Posts: 1137
Joined: 09 Sep 2006, 22:15
Location: A place I go where no one knows

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:wouldnt bother me in the slightest....i'm used to people from other parts of the country who mostly hear "midlands" in "east midlands" and say "...birmingham?" ...so whatever the fuck...like people oop north who think everywhere below doncaster is "the south" and southerners who think the top part of the m25 is the north/south divide.
i'm sure my utter lack of jockish -or "scotch" if you will- "ken" is only matched by my completely not giving two fucks....it's hundreds of miles away and basically just some country that we steal oil from and use to park our nukes in, that doesnt really want to be owned by england but seems incapable of doing anything about it; where EVERYONE is called "Jimmy", eats deep-fried mars bars dipped in porridge and calls a skirt a kilt to deny its national cult of transvesticism. "ock aye the noo, Nessie!" :roll:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I love you in full on rant mode. You're the best! :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

:lol:
What a season
to be beautiful
without a reason
Dizzy
Road Kill
Posts: 3
Joined: 09 Jun 2015, 18:18

Excellent rant - keep up the good work.
User avatar
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1804
Joined: 05 May 2002, 01:00
Location: Glasgow

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:
eastmidswhizzkid wrote: i'm def not going to auld reekie.
No need to as they're not playing Edinburgh! It's like getting a Nottingham and Leicester mixed up :twisted:
wouldnt bother me in the slightest....i'm used to people from other parts of the country who mostly hear "midlands" in "east midlands" and say "...birmingham?" ...so whatever the fuck...like people oop north who think everywhere below doncaster is "the south" and southerners who think the top part of the m25 is the north/south divide.
i'm sure my utter lack of jockish -or "scotch" if you will- "ken" is only matched by my completely not giving two fucks....it's hundreds of miles away and basically just some country that we steal oil from and use to park our nukes in, that doesnt really want to be owned by england but seems incapable of doing anything about it; where EVERYONE is called "Jimmy", eats deep-fried mars bars dipped in porridge and calls a skirt a kilt to deny its national cult of transvesticism. "ock aye the noo, Nessie!" :roll:
Lee, as a Scot, I'm not that perturbed or surprised at your rant, apart from the image being conjured up by a "National Express jobby":-D
RIP Dale: 1994 - 2009
User avatar
markfiend
goriller of form 3b
Posts: 20342
Joined: 11 Nov 2003, 10:55
Location: st custards
Contact:

Kerry and I will probably do the Manchester gig 8)
advanced, forthright, signifficant
User avatar
markfiend
goriller of form 3b
Posts: 20342
Joined: 11 Nov 2003, 10:55
Location: st custards
Contact:

ribbons69 wrote:...the posher Midalnd Hotel around the corner...
I've just booked in the Midland. It's not full, but it's not cheap either.
advanced, forthright, signifficant
User avatar
Johnny Rev 7.0
Banned
Posts: 1137
Joined: 09 Sep 2006, 22:15
Location: A place I go where no one knows

markfiend wrote:
ribbons69 wrote:...the posher Midalnd Hotel around the corner...
I've just booked in the Midland. It's not full, but it's not cheap either.
Damn right! But at least we get to see the wait-staff shut the bar at 6am, and then serve us breakfast. :wink: :lol:
What a season
to be beautiful
without a reason
User avatar
markfiend
goriller of form 3b
Posts: 20342
Joined: 11 Nov 2003, 10:55
Location: st custards
Contact:

Tickets bought! WOOOOOOOO!
advanced, forthright, signifficant
User avatar
mh
Underneath the Rock
Posts: 7466
Joined: 23 Jun 2003, 14:41
Location: A civilized European city

Ticket bought! :D
Trigonometry. It's a sin.
User avatar
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed
Posts: 7773
Joined: 24 Mar 2005, 00:01
Location: above the chemist
Contact:

Andrew S wrote:
Lee, as a Scot, I'm not that perturbed or surprised at your rant, apart from the image being conjured up by a "National Express jobby":-D
bless you, i think you're safe as long as you don't flush when the vehicle is in the station. :lol:
"nowadays everybody talks like they got something to say
but nothing comes out when they move their lips
-just a bunch of gibberish-
and everybody acts like they forgot about GARY MARX"

:bat:
SmileySister
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 453
Joined: 27 May 2015, 20:46

Two tickets bought & can't wait :D
User avatar
markfiend
goriller of form 3b
Posts: 20342
Joined: 11 Nov 2003, 10:55
Location: st custards
Contact:

BTW does the Ritz still have the sprung ballroom floor?
advanced, forthright, signifficant
User avatar
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1804
Joined: 05 May 2002, 01:00
Location: Glasgow

It won't be sprung by the time we're finished. :P
RIP Dale: 1994 - 2009
User avatar
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1804
Joined: 05 May 2002, 01:00
Location: Glasgow

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
Andrew S wrote:
Lee, as a Scot, I'm not that perturbed or surprised at your rant, apart from the image being conjured up by a "National Express jobby":-D
bless you, i think you're safe as long as you don't flush when the vehicle is in the station. :lol:
Damnit Lee, how else am I supposed to amuse myself on the way there?
RIP Dale: 1994 - 2009
User avatar
markfiend
goriller of form 3b
Posts: 20342
Joined: 11 Nov 2003, 10:55
Location: st custards
Contact:

Andrew S wrote:It won't be sprung by the time we're finished. :P
:lol: :notworthy:
advanced, forthright, signifficant
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker
Posts: 4507
Joined: 11 Jul 2002, 01:00

paint it black wrote:when it's over, will i learn?

when i get my digs sorted, i'll share where you can get a nice place a few mins walk (i stay there a lot) for £87 - no panic on avaialbilty
ended up in IBIS, £95 :eek: the Holiday Inn Express price has climed from £87 to £105 in a day :?

who is going to NMA in York on our day off :von:
Empathy is wasted by nice people
User avatar
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Jan 2009, 12:57
Location: Kirkby in Ashfield,England

paint it black wrote:
paint it black wrote:when it's over, will i learn?

when i get my digs sorted, i'll share where you can get a nice place a few mins walk (i stay there a lot) for £87 - no panic on avaialbilty
ended up in IBIS, £95 :eek: the Holiday Inn Express price has climed from £87 to £105 in a day :?

who is going to NMA in York on our day off :von:
Is that the laughably named Ibis Budget? Fraulein ribbons and myself are in there.
"I’ve seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I’ve given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost




we fall to rise
User avatar
markfiend
goriller of form 3b
Posts: 20342
Joined: 11 Nov 2003, 10:55
Location: st custards
Contact:

Where's the meetup beforehand? Or shall we discuss that nearer the time?
advanced, forthright, signifficant
Locked