A Heartlander in need

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Shyte.
Salary in the end of the week so I send money ASAP.
Take care Erik
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

I'm sitting here absolutely overwhelmed by the outpouring of love and support from my fellow Heartlanders–I've not been around much over the last couple of years, nor talked to some of you in several years–yet you've come to David's and my aid in spite of it. It's awesome in the true sense of the word. I/we can't begin to thank you properly for your generosity and thoughtfulness!

I hadn't wanted to annoy/worry you lot with news of my seemingly-incessant scans/biopsies/etc. leading up to this summer's hideous diagnosis, so I kept it to myself, and stayed away from the forums. I'm really sorry for having done that, now. I do have a blog detailing my journey through this nightmare; it's linked in my HL profile, in case any of you would like to keep tabs on what's going on. Some of the updates may contain info that's graphic and depressing, so reader beware...

I love and miss you all! I do "lurk" now and then, but I usually don't have much energy and thus rarely, if ever, post anything anymore. The heavy-duty chemo has taken/continues to take its toll; I haven't been able to work in months (hence David's and my worsening financial straits), and it seems all I do now is sleep! I'm hoping to be able to get *some* energy back when I'm done with chemo (in mid-November)/before my surgery (which will probably be in December–joy). To say that this is a humbling experience would be an understatement. Gaining new perspectives daily...

To you lot: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

:kiss:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Pista
Cureboi

The Heartland Effect is in effect.
We loves ya Sinnie :kiss: :notworthy:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

SINsister wrote:I hadn't wanted to annoy/worry you lot with news of my seemingly-incessant scans/biopsies/etc. leading up to this summer's hideous diagnosis, so I kept it to myself, and stayed away from the forums. I'm really sorry for having done that, now.
If you wanted to keep it private, that's fine, but I'm sure no-one would've been annoyed if you'd told us. When I'm old and decrepit and can no longer control my own bladder and bowels, you'll all be getting every detail.
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

darling erika -you were a heartlander long before i was here and you'll still be here when i'm dead and gone. dont ever doubt that. :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

.....and how come you still look totally f**king gorgeous with a bald head while i have to scrape through as "not too ugly???" :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

You're OURS, Sinny, and that's all that matters. 💋
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
Big Si
School Bully

:eek: Feck! :eek:

Donated.....
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
EvilBastard
Overbomber

SINsister wrote:I'm sitting here absolutely overwhelmed by the outpouring of love and support from my fellow Heartlanders–I've not been around much over the last couple of years, nor talked to some of you in several years–yet you've come to David's and my aid in spite of it.
Silly SINnie :kiss: Can't speak for the rest of the shameless reprobates round these parts, but I reckon friends help friends out when we can, and when we can't we at least we send warm n'fuzzy thoughts your way.

And I'm afraid, your long absence notwithstanding, you're stuck with us as friends. :lol:
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

yeah! sorry about that :D

I've got the paypal donations, abridged and Being45, just waiting for another one today before I bundle it all off together. :)
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Just to clarify, can I donate by PayPal?
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

no, but if you paypal it to me (read back, post 17) then i will do it for you. I have some other people's to send on once I get one more person's, so send away and I'll do the lot!
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Ok, I'll do that this weekend or at the beginning of next week.
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Sent a little, good luck with the fight!
eotunun
Overbomber

emilystrange wrote:yeah! sorry about that :D

I've got the paypal donations, abridged and Being45, just waiting for another one today before I bundle it all off together. :)
Whacked my pennies onto the stack! :wink:
Thanks for helping out in, dear!
Oh, and Sinnierella:
Tenthousand :notworthy: go in your general direction! Did I mention that the therapy didn´t manage to break your very punkish splendour?
2016 will reverb with your thunder. It may be muffled right now, but it wasn´t stolen. :wink:
There is shadow under this red rock
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

it's not going too badly...
Johnny Rev 7.0
Banned

True, but we need an extra push. You're more social media oriented than me Jo, so keep banging the drum. Loudly. :notworthy:
What a season
to be beautiful
without a reason
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

$2k up since we started! not all of that down to us, i know, but wooo!
will get on it...
Johnny Rev 7.0
Banned

Go girl. :kiss:
What a season
to be beautiful
without a reason
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

the fund is now over $4k! have just sent some more that was paypalled to me.
good work, troops.
Pista
Cureboi

emilystrange wrote:the fund is now over $4k! have just sent some more that was paypalled to me.
good work, troops.
:notworthy: :notworthy:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Squeakymouse
Road Kill
Location: The place in the side of our lives where nothing is ever put straight

:)
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

the first good news i've heard today. :notworthy: :notworthy:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Only $425 to reach goal. It's good, but it can be better. Dig deeper HLers! We can make it.
hellboy69
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Sent what i could, and all my hopes.

:kiss:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I should be able to put in a bit more come next payday.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell