beeGees

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
ryan
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Just read something intresting

When the beegees best of record came out- sales were pretty standard for a beegees record- it was only in the 2 days following Morris Gibbs death that record sales really went up and the stores actually ran out of the cd

My question is this: :?:

why did those people have to wait till he was dead before they thought "hey, i like beegees, might buy a record". Why does this happen when dead rockstars die?? Do they think that its going to be a rare cd even though its gone like triple platinum or something?
:eek: :?
or is it a conspiracy to bring him back from the dead?

hmmmmm
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

i think its that the general public are stupid, fickle and have very bad memories...

when a star dies the radio and tv always start playing their stuff again, the public get a reminder of *that* song they thought they liked from years ago, which just so happens to coincide with a greatest hits lp release! ;)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
ryan

yes, his death seems almost 'too' planned
Big Si
School Bully

The Beautiful South's "best of" album made them millions :eek: but every album released before it only reached gold status :innocent:

The general public are very fickle and stupid :evil:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

ryan_w_0000 wrote:yes, his death seems almost 'too' planned
yup, they had him put down.

the brothers knew they were past their sell-by-dates and so they all drew straws to see which one would die, in order that their surviving brothers would benefit financially from the increased sales of their greatest hits album.

maybe ;)
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

Hmm, I'm not sure that's QUITE what Quiffy was suggesting, though I shan't put words in his mouth...I think the point to note is that the record was already out when said Manx whiner snuffed it...Yes, it certainly helps sales, but I think we can probably rule out murder by the record company, or selfless suicide to help his brothers' bank balances...
Chris

---------------------------------------------
Again and again and again...
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Big Si wrote:The Beautiful South's "best of" album made them millions :eek: but every album released before it only reached gold status :innocent:

The general public are very fickle and stupid :evil:
paul heaton's a blade, so i'll let him live :)
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

MrChris wrote:Hmm, I'm not sure that's QUITE what Quiffy was suggesting, though I shan't put words in his mouth...I think the point to note is that the record was already out when said Manx whiner snuffed it...Yes, it certainly helps sales, but I think we can probably rule out murder by the record company, or selfless suicide to help his brothers' bank balances...
see above :D :D :D :innocent:
Big Si
School Bully

Quiff Boy wrote:
ryan_w_0000 wrote:yes, his death seems almost 'too' planned
yup, they had him put down.

the brothers knew they were past their sell-by-dates and so they all drew straws to see which one would die, in order that their surviving brothers would benefit financially from the increased sales of their greatest hits album.

maybe ;)

Err...which one died? :wink: ;D
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
ryan

he wasnt pulling his weight :wink: :twisted:
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

the gay looking one with big teeth
Chris

ryan

MrChris wrote:the gay looking one with big teeth
dosnt narrow it down!!!! :lol: :lol:
Tinkerbell
Road Kill

Tell me about it, Im a huge Micheal Hutchence / INXS fan who got the p*ss taken out of me royally until he died and then oooh suddenly evryone thought they were great ............. :evil

One of the last great Rock God's IMHO
Pixie Dust Lust
ryan

its strange but for some resason some of my favourite bands now and before have always had dead singers in them

kurt cobain
ian curtis
jim morrison

not that im saying im gonna be a beegees fan but its always after i get into them i found out they died

f**k
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

ryan_w_0000 wrote:its strange but for some resason some of my favourite bands now and before have always had dead singers in them

kurt cobain
ian curtis
jim morrison

not that im saying im gonna be a beegees fan but its always after i get into them i found out they died

f**k
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i gather they have a greatest hits album you could try if you were looking to "discover" them ;) ;D
ryan

Quiff Boy wrote:
ryan_w_0000 wrote:its strange but for some resason some of my favourite bands now and before have always had dead singers in them

kurt cobain
ian curtis
jim morrison

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i gather they have a greatest hits album you could try if you were looking to "discover" them ;) ;D
:oops: :oops: :) :D :lol:
ryan

tips for begginers in a band- commit suicide

youll sell more records that way ;D ;D
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

There aren't any hard and fast rules here - Ian Curtis - god. Jim Morrison - fat idiot, wrote poor sixth-form poetry. Kurt Cobain - wrote one or two good songs, and pinched a great one from Killing Joke. Michael Hutchence - are you joking? See Jim Morrison. His only achievement was the corruption of Kylie.
Chris

ryan

thats the thing with the doors:

they were the worst f**king band live
and jim morrision wrote about 2 good songs and the rest being s**t meanignless lyrics over a blues riff

yet now theve sold millions of records

go figure
ryan

what did kurt cobain steal from killing joke then?
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

The music to 'Come As You Are'. From the Killing Joke song 'Eighties'. One of the most blatant rip-offs in the history of rock, and Nirvana had the cheek to pretend they'd never heard of KJ. Until, as I understand it, KJ produced Christmas cards from Kurt. Kind of dented any confidence I might have had in his integrity. Which wasn't much anyway, to be honest. Genius = screwed up perhaps, but screwed up = genius doesn't work.
Chris

ryan

ah, ok
ryan

im listening to a bit of that song now

your right- extremely copied.

Shame really, knowing that nirvana didnt have that as their original idea. when i was into the grunge stuff a few years ago it was better then that bloody smells like teen spirit
Black Dahlia
Elegantly Wasted

MrChris wrote:There aren't any hard and fast rules here - Ian Curtis - god. Jim Morrison - fat idiot, wrote poor sixth-form poetry. Kurt Cobain - wrote one or two good songs, and pinched a great one from Killing Joke. Michael Hutchence - are you joking? See Jim Morrison. His only achievement was the corruption of Kylie.
"Are you joking" - no I dont think she is. INXS are still a great band, but Michael was the driving force. Though of course he may not seem as "worthy" as Ian Curtis ................

each to their own.
Hell is other people
ryan

ian curtis was truly god

hey, does anyone know if joy division/new order records boosted since that movie, 24 hour party people?

i bought a happy monday record after watching it- just wondering if anyone else fell into the void