Happy Birthday Fudland and Visionthong

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Yes ... ;D ;D ;D ... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: ...

eventually 25 years are done, only not yet for UTG, SGWBM and ASCOOB ... :wink: ...
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Gospel choir? I'd pay to hear a gospel version of This Corrosion.
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
metal on metal
Amphetamine Filth

Were either of these albums really released on 13th November (Friday in 1987 and Tuesday in 1990)? I bought both of them on the day of release and seem to remember both days being Monday (in fact, I'd put money on it being a Monday when I bought Floodland). Monday was traditionally the day that new albums were released in the UK. I suppose Friday 13th seems a lot more "goth" :lol: but I don't think that was actually the release date despite what it says on the always 100% trustworthy Wikipedia
Pat
Slight Overbomber

metal on metal wrote:Were either of these albums really released on 13th November (Friday in 1987 and Tuesday in 1990)? I bought both of them on the day of release and seem to remember both days being Monday (in fact, I'd put money on it being a Monday when I bought Floodland). Monday was traditionally the day that new albums were released in the UK. I suppose Friday 13th seems a lot more "goth" :lol: but I don't think that was actually the release date despite what it says on the always 100% trustworthy Wikipedia
I always remember albums or singles having their release date on a Monday. Charts were always Sunday night so to get a good run at the charts it had to be Monday. I definately remember bunking off school on Mondays , jooking* the train into Glasgow to get Iron Maiden's latest single/album in the very early eighties.

*a popular pastime for Scots with very little money or better things to spend it on.
Last edited by Pat on 14 Nov 2015, 17:54, edited 1 time in total.
robertzombie
Overbomber

There's a flyer for Floodland that says 15 November.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

i know vision thing came out on a monday: i'd had no idea the sisters were bringing out a new album for some reason, and when i saw it in the record shop window it blew my mind that here was a whole new sisters album that i had had no knowledge of! i was told it had come out that day and of course i had to have it there and then. i know it was monday cuz i had to spend my bus-fare to work for the rest of the week on buying it.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I remember being in a queue of black-clad layabouts in Our Price in Manchester Arndale Centre, all of us clutching a copy each of Floodland.

I think I must have bought it at the weekend though, not the Monday; I was still in school back in those days and I was a good little boy (pipe down at the back) and never bunked off school.

Not like now :innocent:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

markfiend wrote: I was still in school back in those days and I was a good little boy (pipe down at the back) and never bunked off school.

Not like now :innocent:
You bunk off school now?
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I work at a university, which (by some definitions) counts as a school...

As for bunking off, well, you might think that but I couldn't possibly comment.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Do you smoke behind the bike sheds too?
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Not any more ;D
—Bertrand Russell