Me first gig... and happy as hell!!!

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Well... I could've posted this in the other thread about me first gig... But according to my recent feelings and emotions it did not quite fit in there.

First of all: it was AWESOME.
The light show was over the top (love it!), the sound was perfect, the venue (capacity 100 peeps :-)) was brim-filled.
The whole week was nerve-wrecking, but yesterday I was very calm. I did not care anymore. The only thing I thought about was :"Well, this is what we've been working for the last coppola years, and this is our reward".
And it helped. When I went on stage, and I saw the crowd, it was just like in the 'old' days. Except these people actually had brains :-)
The whole set was perfect, our keyboardplayer missed one chord or so and that was the only mistake made.
We played eight songs. We thanked the crowd and went off-stage. People could not believe it. They wanted more. We could not believe it.
But we had a time schedule, so we started to remove our stuff offstage and replace it with the next bands' stuff.
After this we had the time to talk to people. And their comments were both very flattering and helpful.
The overall sentiment was: great, brilliant and a good live performance. Some musicians gave some good advice about my singing, the show overall and some small tidbits ('speak dutch in between the songs', 'ditch the sunglasses, you looked like Matrix Reloaded', 'kick the guitarist's ass a couple of times' etc...)
The other bands... well, everyone said we should've been headliners. The reason we did not do this is, that the other bands are more famous than we are. But, according to the crowd, we were the best band that evening.
People took pictures, there's a MiniDisc recording direct-PA, and there's video recording.
I'll try (in the next week) to do something with the stuff and put it on our temporary site http://server.dd4e.net/avatar .

Finally, I wanna say a BIG FECKING THANX to ALL PEEPS that, in one way or another, supported or helped us.
All helpers at the gig (entrance, bar personnel, backstage helpers, dj's, KORK sound and lighting, cleaning crew,...), all the people that came to see us, and of course all people HERE AT MYHEARTLAND that supported me and wished me good luck or gave me good advice.

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: THANX !!!!! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

Wow!~! That's wonderful, and congratulations on a successful gig! Next time will be easier! :wink:

Oh and post your web addy, ok?
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

Fantasatic Iz !!!!!

well done!!!!!

Paddy.
Last edited by Padstar on 07 Sep 2003, 17:02, edited 1 time in total.
Still playing guitar - sometimes weird shaped ones.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Congrats :)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Izzy HaveMercy

Additional note:
It is rumoured (but as good as confirmed) that we will be support act for CLAWFINGER here in Belgium.

I think I'm gonna faint :roll:
hallucienate
Overbomber

woohoo!
pikkrong
Overbomber

WE ARE PROUD OF YOU, IZZY 8) 8) 8)
Nancy_78
Amphetamine Filth

Congratulations! :D :notworthy:
Andrew Eldritch wrote: "I'm actually quite a decent bastard..." (New Musical Express, February 27th 1988)
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

WELL DONE xxxx
Only a paand.
Serendipityhaven
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

:D reading your post do get a strong sense of how energised you are from the whole experience. :D
made me smile coz you can kind of "hear"how hyper+happy you are with it all.
now...sort out your tshirts and let me know how much.mines XL :D
You know you're something special,
And you look like you're the best
Izzy HaveMercy

WARNING!!! SHAMELESS SELF-PROMOTION!!!

BTW... I just registered our new (temporary) web directory (do not call it a website yet).
You can now check out www.theavatar.tk for all details, mp3s, and in the very near future: pics and audio from our first gig. Pass it on! Pass it on! :-D
And for all The Avatar-related questions, you can mail me at: Izzy@theavatar.tk

Thanx!

Yay! We knew you could do it!

:D :notworthy: 8)
karin
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Now there's lovely... :)
Zwei bier bitte.....
Izzy HaveMercy

To make you all even more bored, I'm gonna start a 'The Avatar'-thread, where I can keep all interested parties informed about the progress.
Hope you do not mind :-)
Izzy HaveMercy

Oh. Almost forgot the most important thing.
Right before the gig, Belgian alternative radio Studio Brussel played first This Corrosion, and a bit later Flood I. 'twas a Sign from the Gods, me tells ya!
For pray tell me, who EVER heard Flood I on national radio before? :-)
pikkrong
Overbomber

Izzy HaveMercy wrote: For pray tell me, who EVER heard Flood I on national radio before? :-)
never.
only TOL Ofra Haza version.
Carrie
Amphetamine Filth

Glad it went well! :D
Queen of the mean!