August freetime

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
culprit
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

For reasons that are too complex and unexpected to bore you with I have three weeks from 25th July to 20th August with a car, fuel and £200. With no responsibilities to burden me. I live in the north east. My musical interests are obvious. I am here. :D
I love comedy, noise and physics. Hence why I love the Sisters.

The thing is that I only discovered this holiday/break/terrifying descent into hell - tonight.

Whereto shall I go and to whom shall receive my money/custom??

... In other words what the hell should I do? Do any of you fellow miscreants know of any gigs/events/shows that a respectable 45 year old fellow heartlander can amuse himself for a day/weekend/week in our fair country?

Any advice will be ignored/considered. In that order, probably.

I thank you in anticipppppation.
...mmmmmmmmmMMMMMM!....
Alex66
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Museums are free I can't think of any other than Beamish and there is a Mining museum up there somewhere. Its been years since I stayed in the N.E.
Are you wanting to go away if not you could do days out to places looking where there are random interesting bands on. Just look for cheep gigs or free ones round the area or how far you are willing to drive. Does your work pay for all the fuel you use?
The illiterate of the future will not be the man who cannot read the alphabet, but the one who cannot take a photograph. - Walter Benjamin
Driver powered by Cigarettes, Caffeine and Vitriol
culprit

Alex66 wrote:Museums are free I can't think of any other than Beamish and there is a Mining museum up there somewhere. Its been years since I stayed in the N.E.
Are you wanting to go away if not you could do days out to places looking where there are random interesting bands on. Just look for cheep gigs or free ones round the area or how far you are willing to drive. Does your work pay for all the fuel you use?
Beamish is good free and local but i want to go out and have fun.
What's happening in the UK??
...mmmmmmmmmMMMMMM!....
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

there's usually loads of little festivals and s**t going off. you could just grab a tent and explore. £200 isnt a lot more than beer money for 3 weeks.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Goths have feelings too
paint it black

Goths have feelings too
paint it black

Goths have feelings too
paint it black

Goths have feelings too
culprit

Thanks PiB, some interesting ones there... was looking at Down to The woods but its unfortunately been cancelled.
Will keep looking at thefestivalcalendar though...
...mmmmmmmmmMMMMMM!....